Macanthony Realty Intnl MRIPurchase in Romania

M

We purchased with MRI in Romania and made it clear from the onset that we had a deposit, which we paid but would need a Romanian mortgage to complete. We were told that a mortgage would be no problem and they would assist us. They have not helped in any way and although we are very credit worthy getting a mortgage in Romania is virtually impossible and we and dozens of other clients who purchased are now about to lose all their monies paid - in our case over £50, 000 !!!

• Bs
    BSN Legal Feb 03, 2011

Important notice! To everyone who has bought in Romania through the developer South Pacific.

As you should already know, the company is now insolvent. Our lawyers have just advised us that there will be an insolvency procedure in court on 15th February 2011. Those of you not already listed, as creditors, need to contact your lawyer immediately to avoid losing out completely.

We hope this information is helpful. BSN Legal. more on: www.bsnlegal.com

• Al
    Alan Black Oct 14, 2009

Your comments are welcome we have also lost money in a deal in Romania and now the lawyers want another 4, 000 Euros to represent us in a court of arbetration, this is money we cannot afford this is also on top of the 3, 500 Euros initially paid to the lawyers who where recommended by MRI. We have since been advised that MacAnthony and the lawyers are linked through marriage. I would like if someone can tell me if there is an International Law society who we can make a complaint to as I think we should have had more help from the lawyers.
    MRI have not tried to get our money back even though the builder is out of contract by about five months. We also cannot get a mortgage in Romania and at the time MRI told us there would not be a problem in securing a mortgage. We will try and contact the SFO to see if anything can be done.

• Dd
    DDR262 Mar 26, 2009

All

Please raise your voice and account of your experience with the Serious Fraud Office. I have also been a victim of their scam with commiting to buying a off plan property through them, I now want the Euro 45ooo of staged payments I have made to date as a result of them breaching the purchase contract, according to the contract they must refund me my money, however they are not doing so.

This fraudulant company who hide behind many names/faces:
    MRI
    MacAnthony Realty International Ltd
    MacAnthony Realty International
    MacAnthony Realty International Construction 1 (or 2 or 3)
    MacAnthony Realty Construction 1 (or 2 or 3)
    DCC Properties

They have deveived many UK investors and with falsefied information and ruined the livelihood for most, I will be raising my concerns with the SFO and also looking to get the government involved. Everyone should do the same and raise the profile of this, it has gone on long enough.

• Iz
    izzy Dec 19, 2008

This seems to be going on on a regular basis. We are stuck with an apartment we can't afford and don't want and I am in contact with numerous people who didn't or couldn't complete on property and have lost thousands. When is something going to be done about this company?