LuminousBritesI want my money back, I did not order any more than a sample.

D

I only ordered a sample of a tooth whitener and I was entered in a monthly supply at the cost of $88.97, billed to my credit card under just an internet sale, no identifable name.

I want it stopped imiedietly!!! I want my credit back on my visa card!!!

This is the biggest false advertising I have ever seen.

I am willing to send back both deliveries I have recieved, ASAP.

Please let me know how you want me to handle this situation.

DeAnnfriedrichs
[protected]@gmail.com

More LuminousBrites Complaints & Reviews

patricia ann governale Oct 19, 2008

I ordered a free sample of LuminousBrites product all that was needed was $4.99 for postage. which was paid, now I find I have been charded$88.97 I DO NOT WANT THIS PRODUCT AND WANT MY MONEY BACK. ANN

patricia crook Oct 23, 2008

I ordered a trial offer for the luminous brites and was charges $88.97; this is false advertising; I would be glad to return this item.

patricia crook Oct 23, 2008

I was charges $88.97 for a kit and was only to receive a trail offer for $4.99.
    This is false advertising;

Marian Peterson Oct 28, 2008

I am requesting a refund. The product ordered was a trial offer. Please discontinue my order and reimburse my checking account $88.97. I do not want or like the product. I was told that in order for me to receive a refund that I would have to e-mail the billing department at "Support @ luminousbrites.com".No information was submitted as to where and how to return the product. Please expedite this request.

Marian Peterson

• Lo
    lorie Nov 04, 2008

i ordered ONLY the trial amount got charged for 88.97 and when i spoke with a customer service rep and told him to cancel it he sdaid i would have to go to a web site, upon telling him this was not on the level he hung up on me. a few days later i received another pkg in the mail, after i e mailed them telling them to cancel my acct.

• Bi
    biddybo Nov 06, 2008

To keep these vulchers from debiting your acct. AGAIN, call your bank and tell them that you lost your debit card. They will cancel the one that these crooks have the numbers to and re-issue you a new card. The new card will have different numbers on it. HUH!!! And there you go!
    They will NEVER be able to get ONE MORE CENT out of you again!

If ANYONE abuses the privelege to have my acct. info., this is what I do. It works like a charm.
    Sure, it might be an inconvenience to go without your card for a few days but, what the hell, at least NOONE will be able to steal ANY more of YOUR $$$!!

I did this with Video Professor and it worked just fine!!

• Di
    diane Nov 07, 2008

they ask if you'd like a free trial of their product...you only pay for shipping...then they automatically enroll you into a refill program for 8x the intial amount of shipping...they musrt be stopped

• Li
    Linda Nov 08, 2008

Yes, a brite smile sounds great, but what a rip off. You do get the kit, but then notice the charge on your credit card. I called the support number (which it took forever to get someone), but was giveen an e-mail address concering the charge itself, I have yet to hear from them. You might want to contact your card company and advise them of the unauthorized charge, perhaps that will help stop this.

Sandra Thedford Nov 10, 2008

Ordered free sample (postage only) tooth brightening kit...company charged my account $88.97 for kit I did not authorize...2nd kit was just like the first, poorly wrapped and contained small amount of fluid in 2 syringes...company will not answer e-mails or phone calls

Jo Fanning Nov 11, 2008

I too was ripped off. I ordered the 'free sample' for $4.99 and a little later got the surprise of my life. I was charged $88.97 right out of my checking account. I called the toll free number. The guy was almost laughing when he said, just go to the support page and everything will be taken care of. Yeah, right. We are retired and live paycheck to paycheck...almost. We are barely making it. Now this.

Janet Wahl Nov 14, 2008

I ordered a free trial from this co. and paid the s/h charge of $4.99 on my card. I ordered NOTHING ELSE!! I just looked at my bank statement and I was charged $59.83 for something I didn't even order!! I am on unemployment and couldn't even afford the stupid trial thing. This is ###. Now I have to try and get this charge off my account. This is exactly why I normally never order anything off the net. Janet Wahl

Janet Wahl Nov 14, 2008

Sent an earlier complaint and now to make things worse it was $88.97 and now I get to go through the long, drawn out process of disputing this through my bank, etc. What a rip!!

PLEASE CREDIT MY ACCOUNT OR REFUND MY MONEY 97630

JANET L. WAHL
    327 N. H ST.
    LAKEVIEW, OR 97630
    [protected]

jenny Nov 18, 2008

I ordered the free trial of lumiousbrites. Now I am being charges $88.95 for membership I did not agree to. I called the number and they told me I have to email to cancel. I tried to email but got an email error and am not able to email them. Now what do I do get stuck with a payment that I don't want or need.

deb Clark Nov 19, 2008

I too did the FREE trial for 4.99 and 1.00 for insurance, then 88.97 appeared on my credit card and no additional supplies even arrived. I"m very upset, this needs to stop, this is FRAUD!!

deb Clark Nov 19, 2008

did you ever get this issue resolved!

deb Clark Nov 19, 2008

I encourage everyone affected by this to report this company to the better business bureau... we need a lawyer who could help everyone out affected by this. These people need to do jail time!

• Ro
    Robin Joslin Nov 19, 2008

I called the company to request a refund on my credit card account, and was rudely informed by the representative that I would have to contact the support group online to request a refund. when I tried to bring up the e-mail address for their support, I was informed that an e-mail address does not exsist. I still have not received my credit on my credit card.

• Cu
    Customer Nov 20, 2008

This is definitely a SCAM. Consumers, if you feel like you have been rip off or ignore, that is because you are. The whole thing was a scam. Also the contact support number is a fraud one too. Call this number instead [protected] and asked for Donny Blair Ext. 108 Also try to go on to [protected]@advancedbright.com and http://www.luminousbrites.com/cancel/ to cancel your order RIGHT AWAY before they charge you. Good Luck

• Co
    Connie Melton Nov 21, 2008

I received a second package of this product saying I am enrolled in receiving it every 30 days for $88.97. I do not wish to continue this nor do I want the second package I received. When I called about this today I was told to contact this email address for cancellation and refund. Please reply. I will be happy to mail the package back to you. Thank you. Connie Melton, 2703 Slayton Dr., Bloomington, Ill. [protected]

• Da
    DANELL LEWIS Nov 22, 2008

I TELEPHONED TV AD TO OBTAIN ONE FREE OFFER FOR SHIPPING COST ONLY OF APX $5.00 TEETH WHITENING PRODUCT, BUT WAS BILLED $89.00 FOR MONTHLY PROGRAM ON MY VISA CHARGE CARD. ENCLOSURE OFFERED THE ABOVE WEBSITE TO CANCEL, BUT I WAS UNABLE TO ACCESS. I ALSO TELEPHONED [protected] BUT ONLY RECEIVED A RECORDING OFFERING THE ABOVE WEBSITE FOR CANCELATION. I BELIEVE THIS TO BE FRAUDULENT CONDUCT AND WILL REQUEST MY VISA CARD TO STOP PAYMENT IF I CAN.

• Mi
    Mitch Nov 24, 2008

I ordered a free product from this company-short of shipping and handeling for 4.99. Next thing I know I am being charged 88.97 for a product I have not yet received. I have emailed and emailed and phoned and no one will reply - well the first two emails they replied and then nothing. I would really like my money back

• Be
    Becky Nov 24, 2008

Tried a free sample then was billed $88.97 without my authorization. I have had to cancelle the product and still my account has not been credited I was not told that they would be taking this money out of my account every 30 days. This product is NOT FDA approved. I want my money back. I hope you can help it has been a week now, and I still have had not response to my e-mails. Oh and don't try to call thats a joke.
    Becky

• Ci
    Cindy K Nov 24, 2008

DON'T DO IT.. Nothing is Free with this company!!!
    I as well have been ripped off.. I returned the brite kit as I had realized they took 88.97 from my account without Authoization. And have been unable to get my refund on this returned merchindise.. This is a true Web Rip Off..
    They offer the free kit to just get your Credit Card number so they can make the charge of 88.97 And then they will not refund this or give you any feed back.. No Answer they just put you on hold when you call the [protected] number.
    Boy what an expensive lesson to learn not to order or fall for anything free again!!!

Jesse Tullos Nov 25, 2008

I received a (free) sample pack of Luminous Brites Tooth Whitening System last month although I never requested one. Yesterday, I received a second pack of the product, along with a typed note stating I would be charged $88.97 for this product and subsequent shipments each month "Per our terms and conditions on the LuminousBrites.com website." I never asked for this product and never agreed to those conditions. Additionally, I never gave out either my debit or credit card numbers. I went to the website they included should I wish to "cancel future auto shipments" and lo and behold it does not exist. This company has defrauded me through the U.S. mail and I not only want out of any bogus contract they say I am tied to, but I would like to know how I can go about filing federal charges against the company officials.

Marcia Dec 03, 2008

I received a teeth whitening sample and was then charged $88 + for a kit I did not order. I contacted Riddick who assured me that my account has been canceled. I would like a refund immediately.

• Ri
    Richard Dec 09, 2008

I got caught in the free try it for 14days for4.99. I ended up getting it 11 days after it was sent and then 10 days after I got the product they charged 88.97 on my credit card. In the 2nd package it said I had a 20 day free home trial and every 30 days I would be charged 88.97. I did not know they could charge on my card without permission. I canceled my membership to a program I did not know I was in.

• Sh
    Sharon Adams Dec 10, 2008

I also had the same thing happen. I called them back and was told I had to contact them by email not by internet. I have sent in my request for a refund of 88.97 that was taken out of my account I will let you know if I get a response or get my money back.They told me to return the product as return to sender. they said i would be contacted my e-mail in two or 3 days. I hope it works

• Ya
    YaYa08 Dec 29, 2008

I ordered the trial, and was not satified with the result and I e-mailed customer support within the 20 days (SIX)times to CANCEL also I called several times too and the only results I got was a e-mail telling me I didnt CANCEL in time and and I called my bank to put a stop on the payment but it had already went through now i have been charged a stoppage fee frm my bank and the $88.79 from LuminousBrites.I have all my proof that It was cancelled in time, all the people that have been taking advantage of we should ban together and file a (LAWSUIT) because this is not right its a FRAUD and RIP-OFF.And the [protected] you cant even get through on that number any more, also LuminousBrites is not the correct name its just the product name.

Sandy Jan 01, 2009

This company advertises a free trial sample. As ususal nothing is free, therefore needed a credit card# to pay for the shipping. One month later they have used my credit card (unauthorized) to charge for another order of this free product. I have requested a refund and am only told that I can cancel any future shipments. I will return this item, and as anything else one purchases, I would like my $ returned to me.

• Pe
    Penni Gerard Jan 01, 2009

The advertisement suggested that the cost of shipping ($4.95) would only be the cost of the product as a promotional teaser, with no additional cost ($88.97) per month shown/ listed on the website, nor that any additional shipment of the product monthly was indicated in the advertisement. As noted in other complaints for this product the telephone number is not real/answered, nor is the cancellation via email. I am reporting this product to the BBB, my bank, and anyone who will help shut this company down.

• Ca
    Cathy Murphy Jan 03, 2009

Free trial for product however when I tried to cancel I found the web site did not exist. They are billing my credit card and keep sending me the product I do not want it. How do I stop them and get my money back?

How do I stop these people?

Thank-you

Cathy Murphy
    Sault Ste. Marie ON

• Ev
    E.V. Truitt Jan 06, 2009

I ordered free trial and paid $5.99 for shipping. Did not receive in time stated and was charged $88.97. I did not review bill as I pay on online. I received call from Credit Card company this morning and was told of this and that another $88.97 was charged this am. I did not authorized either $88.97 payments. I requested that these charges be removed.

• Na
    NANCY LEWICKI Jan 08, 2009

I HAVE BEEN BILLED $88.97 FOR PRODUCT I DID NOT ORDER.
    THE PRODUCT WAS SENT TO AN ADDRESS WHERE I DO NOT LIVE. ALL ATTEMPTS TO GET RETURN AUTHORIZATION HAVE BEN FUTILE.

Jesse Rose Apr 21, 2009

I was told that the refund could take up to several weeks, now it is too late for my bank to do anything about it. Like you I had to learn the hard way. I have learned in the last 6 months never ever give a debit card number out to anything like that. It is sad when you have to research everything before you do it, but if you don't your screwed. I don't have time for that. I think this has prompted me to do a teaching seminar on buyer beware. I wish someone would of told me.
    Another one is Direct TV, once these companies have your info they can just take it upon themselves to debit whatever they want.
    These companies need to be put out of business!!!

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices