Lumberjack Tree ServiceBad service

J

I had called Lumberjack Tree Service to have them come out and grind some tree stumps in my yard. I set-up the appointment with Derek Hebert, the owner, and arranged to take off work the next day as they were to come in the morning.

I waited and waited the next day and they never showed up; no phone call or anything. Of course I was not pleased about this as I used up one day of my vacation time at work. I waited to see if they would call but they never did. Several days later, I called them and spoke with Derek. He said the ground was wet and was why they didn't show up. I told him I would have appreciated a phone call at least. He said he would see when his guy could come out and call me back in a few minutes. I never heard from him.

I finally called another company and they came out when they said they would and did the job. Then about three weeks later, a girl from Lumberjack Tree Service calls to see if I still needed my tree stumps ground down. I would not recommend Lumberjack Tree Service as they will probably stand you up just like they did me.

It is funny as in their yellow page ad, they have a quote from the Bible (Isaiah 55.12). Well I have always been wary of businesses that use religion to help them make money. If Derek is all that religious as he advertises, he somehow forgot about the Golden Rule.

• Bl
    Blanche2009 Sep 14, 2009

I understand completely. You would think that in this age of cell phones, anyone offering a service to the public would be considerate enough to call if they cannot make a timed appointment. Don't they all have a wife or girlfriend to take messages for them? Duh!!! To me, building contractors are the World's Worst. Keith Oberman should have segment this on his show!

• Se
    Sebastian Jun 03, 2016

I waited and waited the next day and they never showed up; no phone call or anything. Of course I was not pleased about this as I used up ½ day of my vacation time at work. I waited to see if they would call but they never did. Several days later, I called them and spoke with Derek. He said the ground was wet and was why they didn't show up. I told him I would have appreciated a phone call at least. He said he would see when his guy could come out and call me back in a few minutes. I never heard from him.

I finally called another company and they came out and showed up on time. About three weeks later, a young girl from Lumberjack Tree Service called to see if I still needed my tree stumps ground down. I would not recommend Lumberjack Tree Service as they will probably stand you up just like they did me.