LowPayCardUnauthorized account charge!

Miss-lead me into thinking that i was getting a Member Card. That allows you to buy items at lower price. I gave them my checking account information and other information about me. They told me i would not have to pay anything up front and it would be billed to my first bill cycle. When I receive my card in the mail, I went online to check out what they offer in there ''catalogue''. When I tried to login with my account number and password. It did not allow me to login. I called customer service 15 times in one day, they had a voice mail come on saying '' they had a high call volume and to leave a message''. I could not leave a message because the mail box was full. I call the next business day and the number was disconnected.

I email them from the website and i never got a email back.

On Dec 07,2007 $79.00 came out of my account.
On Dec 21,2007 $120.00 came out of my account.

Beware of this fraud company!! Low Pay, Inc. ('Low Pay').

mary fields Dec 24, 2007

I received this card, and the company charged my bank. I can't get in contact with anyone. Honestly, I don;t even know how to use it. Can you please explain to me how it works. can you help me please. Why do i have a card here in front of me, and when I enter the number it says it is invalid?

mary fields Dec 24, 2007

I have entered my numberinto the system and it does not recognize it. I know this company has taken money from my bank account. Why is my card not valid. i don't even know where i can use it. i need some answers.

• Pe
    Peggy Suggs Dec 27, 2007

I did not apply for the LPC card it just came in the mail. This is the second one I have received and I do not want to take advantage of this card and want to op out of this program. I do not want you or any body else to take money out of my accpount!!! What should I do?

• Ur
    uriel mclean Jan 05, 2008

i am having the same problem i send them money order to ship goods i am not geting any reeponse ann i cant eaven log on to the them

• Lo
    Lois Louise Brauher Jan 07, 2008

You sent me a card and talked me in the rest . Then to pay all this money. I did some checking and people should have to pay so much money to have a credit card. Then we can only buy on line. So. what I'm saying cancel that credit card I DON'T WANT IT! If you have taken any money out of my checking account PUT IT BACK IN!. I will also call the number to customer service to cancel everything.

Thank you.

• Lo
    Lois Louise Brauher Jan 07, 2008

I don't know what you are trying to pull but I don't want you dam credit card. I don't any money taken out of my account and I'm not going to send you any money as payment. If you send a another credit card I'm sending it back.

• Ti
    Tischinna Echols Jan 07, 2008

I'll just got the card in the mail 1/7/08 .So I did some back ground checking before giving out my checking account information in this is what I have found a lot of unhappy customer.I'll knew it was to good to be true they gave me a 7500 credit limit. NEVER IN MY LIFE I GOT ANY CREDIT CARD GIVING OUT THAT MUCH MONEY.

Jodene Anderson Jan 12, 2008

I received an offer by mail and went online to check it out. I wanted to know what it was about. I signed up for a "free" no obligation trial. So for there has been 200.00 taken out of my checking account. I never did receive a membership packet. I called the number that was appearing on my ch3ecking withrawls and was told that I could not cancel or ask for a refund without receiving the packet. I finally received the packet tow days ago... hoever, this all started back in November and the paperwork says that any refund request has to be processed within the first 30 days... I WANT ME FREAKING MONEY BACK AND I WANT THIS STUPID MEMBERSHIP CANCELLED!

marlon a finley sr Jan 26, 2008

I got this offer in the mail today 01-26-08 and already I'm having problems trying to get someone with a paulse on the phone. So I went to their web site and it's more confusing, but I got a chance to read some of the comments from other unsatisfied customers. that's all I needed not to pursue this any futher!

• Am
    Amanda MacTavish Feb 02, 2008

i am not satisfied at all and do not approve of money being taken out of my checking account. i have not used this card and it is not useful to me at all. i want all money that was taken from my account put back immediately. i do not want anyone calling me to try to convince me to stay with this card. i was not even informed that a cash advanced can not be done in the state that i live in. I was not aware that 99 dollars would be taken out on feb 1st even if i have not used this card. you have taken out a totlal of 317.00 out of my checkig account and i want all of it back asap and cancel this card asap.

• La
    lavonnyea barksdale Feb 08, 2008

I called to activate the card lpc sent to my house and a lady there that did my process was very rude she got smart with me cause she offered a paper transfer and i said ok i would like to do the paper transfer so that you dont have to take anything out my account and my account can stay safe she said what the hell, and what ever and i asked for a supervisor and she hung up the phone in my here you should get better people to service your customers or you wont have any cause if any body ask me what i think about lpc im going to tell them that the people there are very rude.

Thanks but no thanks lpc.

• Ta
    tamika Feb 08, 2008

Thank you all from stopping me from activating this card because i knew it was to good to be true.

• Pr
    preston ca white Feb 16, 2008

To who it may concern . I also recieved a card and would like to know what is the deal.Are people that down on luck they have to steel from hard honest working people. (please DO NOT SEND ME ANYMORE CRAP) Thank you.

• Pr
    preston ca white Feb 16, 2008

P.S GET A REAL JOB or are you not able to read,write,add,subtract,multiply,divide U know . Give people there money back!!!

anna Feb 17, 2008

Well , My name is Karina o have recive a aplication for this card i was STUPID i have sent SO MANY e-mails to theme but IT DOES NOT work all the numbers that they do have its invalid " AFTER HOURS " 1-800-815-6952

PLEASE HELP ME ......

• Ki
    kim Feb 20, 2008

If it smells like a rat, it's usually a rat.

• Mu
    Muriel Feb 22, 2008

I also just received the card last month January 2008 and i will go home, cut the card up and return it to the company. I will then have to run my credit report and see if this company has been running my credit and see how to stop them from doing so. This is ridiculous. I have to say what a smart way to get people with financial problems in even bigger problems for the rest of their lives.

• Ri
    rita Feb 25, 2008

I agree this company is bogus and a rip off. I signed up thinking this is a ligit company and after hearing everyone's complaints I did some checking into the company. The numbers don't work and you can't get no one at all. So I had my bank stop payment from processing so they would not get my money. My bank will check continously from any unauthorize charges.

• Ni
    nicole w Feb 26, 2008

I was excited to get pre-approved for a credit card so I activated the card hung up then realized that there is no refund for the processing fee so I called back quickly to cancel the order I was told I must speak to customer service .I called CS when I finally got though the order was already processed. It's a ripp off service Now I must pay $79.00. For nothing.

• Ti
    Tina Garrett Mar 01, 2008

Thank you all for your comments. When I got the card I was very excited. I called the 800 number to activate, and then jumped on the web to check out the store while I was still on the phone with them and before I accepted their offer. I told them I ran across this site, and quickly directed me somewhere else to look at their merchandise. If it were not for all of you, I would have been sucked into this scheme ,too. Why pay a $200 fee out of your checking off the bat, to activate something you can only spend on a mail-order company?

• Da
    David Weisberg Mar 05, 2008

I dont even know where and how this company got my checking account information and how they are charging my account!!!

No Fool Mar 12, 2008

WARNING THIS IS ANOTHER WAY TO SCAM PEOPLE
    FIRST IT WAS THE NIGERIAN SCAM NOW ITS THIS
    ANYTHING TO GET INTO YOUR ACCOUNTS WITH ALL YOUR INFORMATION. WHOM EVER THESE PEOPLE ARE THEY'R PROBALLY USING YOUR INFORMATION AND RACKING UP ON FASLEY USED
    CREDIT CARDS IN YOUR NAMES IF I WERE YOU! ID BE CALLING AND CHECKING YOUR IDENTY FOR THEFT..................................
    NO FOOL HERE!

• Cl
    CLEVELAND L. JOHNSON Mar 13, 2008

I HAVE SEND A REQUEST TO RICHMOND BETTER BUSINESS AGENCY, TO LOOK INTO THIS FRAUD SCHEME, I WILL BE INTOUCH WITH THE ATTORENY GENERAL TODAY BUT I WILL NOT STOP THERE I AM ALSO GOING TO TRY TO GET THE FBI TO INVESTIGATE.

I NEED YOUR HELP, FOR YOU TO DO AS I HAS D0NE. SO GET BUSY SO WE CAN PUT THE PEOPLE BEHIND BARS.

• Wi
    WILLMPASADENA Mar 13, 2008

120.00 CHECK CHARGE TO MY BANK ACCOUNT... UNAUTHORISED.
    BACK AND FORTH WITH SMART TONY ( MANAGER )

• Mi
    michele smith Mar 15, 2008

I WISH TO GET A REFUND AND CANNOTT SEEM TO GET A HOLD OF ANYONE. I DO NOT WANT THE CARD AND I WANT MY MONEY PUT BACK INTO MY ACCOUNT.I WANT YOU TO CANCEL MY CARD AND PUT MY MONEY BACK INTO MY BANK ACCOUNT!

• Mi
    michele smith Mar 15, 2008

STOP TAKING MONEY OUT OF MY BANK ACCOUNT, I AM GOING TO CHANGE MY ACCOUNT #ALSO PUT THE MONEY YOU TOOK FROM ME BACK IN MY BANK ACCOUNT!

JOHN SULLIAN Mar 19, 2008

L.P.C. IS SO NOT EVEN WORTH 1/2 A MEXICAN FOOD STAMP!!! DO NOT TRY, SIGHN UP, AGREE, SNIFF, LOOK AT, THINK ABOUT, OR EVEN DREAM ABOUT THIS COMPANY. THEY ARE LIKE ONE BIG HAPPY STEAL YOUR MONEY FAMILY. L.P.C., ILL KEEP YOUR CARD, AND USE IT FOR A TARGET IN MY PISS POT!!!

shadog Mar 20, 2008

thank you so much for telling your stories!!! I to have recieved this lpc in the mail that i did not apply for. and i also thought is was to good to be true becuz i dont have the best credit, nor have i ever heard of them. i need money, not give it away!!!

sarah Mar 27, 2008

I was sooo close to activating this! Thank you!

jannie brown Apr 04, 2008

I was soooo close to activating this card. It is the second one that i have gotten. I never applied for this card it just came inthe mail with my name on it. I am so glad that I read up on it . Thanks alot. Now i want make the mistake of activateing a card that is going to take my hard eran money. I can't afford it. I'm a single mother wit three kids to raise, I don't have money to waste.

• Ca
    CAROL WALKER Apr 07, 2008

I JUST GOT YOUR CARD AND I SEE U TOOK OUT MONEY I DIDNT HAVE IN MY ACCOUNT. NOW MY ACCOUNT IS OVERDRAWN $99. I WANT MY MONEY BACK ASAP!! NOW PLEASE!! THANK YOU. I WOULD SEND YOUR CARD BACK ASAP!!

• Ty
    Ty Dub Apr 07, 2008

First off, yes this company is a scam. Second, Posting here things like "give me back my money " does NO good what so ever since LPC does not check this site at all. It appears to me that most of the people who have actually signed up for the account have little - no knowledge on how A) Credit works and B) How the internet/ reporting agencies work.

This company pray on those less knowledgeable than the rest of us.

A legitimate credit card company WILL NEVER EVER EVER EVER ask you for your bank information up front. The only thing they might do is ask if you HAVE a bank account, but will NOT ask for your information.

READ THE SMALL PRINT on what they send to you (for those getting this card in the mail). They TRY and tell you that by signing up with them, you waive ALL legal actions against them, except for small claims court. Now depending on what state you live in, THIS MIGHT HOLD UP for them in court.

ANY credit card that makes you pay an activation fee/processing fee/ annual membership fee IS NOT WORTH HAVING! There are plenty of reputable (visa/mastercard) credit cards that don't have you pay ANYTHING in the form of fees for having a credit card.

Use google to or wikipedia to search for INFORMATION ABOUT CREDIT CARDS AND HOW NOT TO GET SCAMMED so that, in the future, you do not fall for things like this. The number 1 protection against scams is being educated yourself on how they opporate.

• Ty
    Ty Dub Apr 07, 2008

Again, I will state in big capital letters

DEMANDING YOUR MONEY BACK ON THIS WEBSITE, OR EVEN "TALKING TO" LPC, INC ON THIS WEBSITE WILL DO YOU NO GOOD

stop saying "give me my money back" cause it does nothing ON THIS WEBSITE.

The purpose of this website is to let OTHER CONSUMERS know about these scams. THIS WEBSITE (complaintsboard) WILL NOT help you in any way to get your money back, nor do the scam sites read these messageboards.

CALL YOUR LOCAL ATTOURNEY GENERAL, and the attourney general in OREGON where the company is actually based. ALSO check the BBB website for "Low pay card, inc" for BETTER contact information on the company.

Most importantly, saying things as "give me my money back" on this website just makes you look like a fool. Now I don't mean to offend anyone, I'm just trying to educate you so that you can defend against people trying to take advantage of you.

• Ta
    Tara Apr 08, 2008

I got this card in the mail just a few days ago since I knew my credit was not the best I wanted to check this out first because the credit limit was so high. I have read so many complaints about people being ripped off. I am so glad I came accross this before I gave them any information. Isn't there some way these people can do something about this fake card?

• Je
    jessica Apr 09, 2008

I was like all of you very exceited to get the card. i am moving into a new house and wanted to get some things for the new home. So i got on the web site and started seeing rip off LPC. So i got a little nervous. And for a good reason thank all of you for you comments. I almost lost money i really need for my new home!

shanika Apr 14, 2008

lpc i really a rip off i cannot believe that i told them i donot want the stuff cancel me out but instead they still try and go in my account and get 79.00 then 120.00 but good thing i had no monry in the bank i really thinking real hard about me getting a lawyer because i work to hard for my job just for people can try and take your money from them because that's stealing and they need to get proscuted on this stuff i have 3 kids to take care not to pay there way even though they did'nt get any money there making me pay it back since there was no funds so they gave me an overdraft.

• Te
    TERRITUCKER Apr 18, 2008

I HAD A $79.99 FEE DEBITED FROM MY CHECKING ACCOUNT WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. LOWPAYCARD SAID THAT I GAVE THEM AN ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE CODE - WHICH IS PART OF THE ACCOUNT # - I ASKED FOR THEM TO SEND ME THE FORMS BY EMAIL AND THEY DO NOT EMAIL THEY SAID THEY CAN MAIL THEM ANYWAYS BEAWARE AND IN TODAYS ECONOMY THAT $79.99 TOTALLY HURTS

• In
    Ingrid Phillips Apr 19, 2008

I just got the card in the mail today and deceided to check out the website, but you cant view all information unless you register which means activate your card. Then I deceided to check out reviews on this company and came across this complaint board, thank God. I will definitely not buy into this, cut it up and into the garbage it goes.

sherry Apr 22, 2008

I got the card in the mail today 4/22/08 it did sound to good to be true. I have been burned in the past by these shady companys so I check them out first. I am glad I found this site and read all the comments. I don't understand why they are still able to send out cards and scam ppl. I feel bad for all those that where burned. Ppl suck always trying to steal and take things that don't belong to them... Karma is a ###

• De
    Desiree Apr 24, 2008

I just got my card and was about to activate but now after reading this, it will not happen. It sucks, just when you think you are getting a good deal. Thanx for posting this.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices