Lovelace HospitalDouble billing

K

I took my son into the emergence room 3/07 for a forign object in his eye. I received my first bill from the hospital on 12/07, I payed them 50.00 for the next few months until I was payed up. I just received a bill from them saying that I never payed them a cent for this visit. I contacted my bank for copies of checks I had sent them which is taking some time since it was 2 years ago. So in the mean time, I am stuck paying these crooks, they said they were sending this to a collection agency! The first chance I have I am changing my insurance. I can only imagine what a mess it would be if you have to be admitted and have a lengthly stay. let me add, they are the rudest people I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with.

Marie Sorensen Oct 17, 2010

I appreciate your willingness to share your experience with Lovelace. I had a horrible experience with Lovelace also. I caught three of their Podiatrists who falsified my medical records after the fact. My biggest mistake was reporting it to the Lovelace administration and sending them evidence of the fraud. The Lovelace administration covered up for the Podiatrists and I am still in the process of exposing them to our state politicians. It's sad that people who are in a position of trust violate the public's trust. More people need to speak up if this kind of behavior and bad practices are to be stopped. The best way to do that is to educate the public so that they can protect themselves from these kinds of practices..

• Ol
    olkmom Mar 16, 2015

We also have had problems with Lovelace. They told us we were in net work. We paid our bills for 11 visits for OT. Then on the last bill they said they were no longer in net work and billed us $247 instead of the usual $28 copay. 6 months later they went back and retroactively re billed us for the 11 previous visits as out of network. They wanted to collect over a $1000 extra. We would have found a provider who was truly in net work had we known. I mean even our insurance had dealt with them as in network.

Next I helped my friend whose baby was chocking on something go tot the ER. It was making him gag and throw up. ER doc was totally incompetent. They did X-rays, held the baby down to draw blood. Looked up on google and showed us photos of babies with slap cheek virus and said that was it. Told us it was reflux. We said something was STUCK. Can you give him a breathing treatment to open his airways??? Nope. We finally left without their consent. The next morning (after 3 days of throwing up after meals) he had 2 huge sneezes and a piece of carrot the size of a finger nail was hanging out of his nose. Yes he had aspirated it and Yes he did need a breathing treatment...not X-rays, blood test, and a google search of slap cheek from the DOC.