Lose Weight Systemsunauthorized supplements sent

I received a bottle of weight loss pills from this company which I have never heard of. The pills are called 'AdiposeRX'. I went online to check this company out and found numerous complaints about unauthorized shipments of these pills being charged to people's accounts. Upon checking my credit card through my bank, I found that I, too, have been charged $34.84 for these diet supplements. I have been skinny all my life and do not need these pills.

unauthorized supplements sent

• Th
    Thomas R. Burniston Feb 17, 2009

I don't like being ripped off!

• Mx
    mxdad290 Feb 23, 2009

I too have received these and did not order them and was charged. I filed a dispute with my credit ared company, but received another bottle today! Will return to sender these. Maybe if they pay the shipment back they will stop!

• Pi
    piked off user Feb 23, 2009

I also just received the exact same thing, completely unsolicited, in the mail. And based on the postings in this board, went and checked my credit card statement, et voila, there was a charge for $34.84. And now I can expect to see these for every two weeks.

Besides being furious that somebody stole (more properly, sold) my credit card number to one of these scammers, and the hassle that this will put me through...

I blame the credit card companies. They have GOT to be getting tons of complaints about these kinds of companies, and yet they do NOTHING about it. Sure, if you dispute it, they will take the one charge off...but the "loseweightsystems.com" people have NO intention of cancelling your "subscription", because they KNOW that they credit card companies will do NOTHING about this.

• Rs
    rsharrer Feb 23, 2009

Just received a bottle of "CarallumaExtreme" in the mail unsolicited. I found this site and then checked my accounts online but found no charges. I then received a call from the fraud unit of my credit card company questioning this charge. Good work credit card folks! They indicated that this charge was an "online" purchase. Of course this is a purchase I never made. My company cancelled the charge and will be reissuing new cards with new account numbers. I will be contacting the postal inspector as well. Oh, I highly recommend Cabelas Visa!

• Ko
    Kory Feb 23, 2009

So what's the best thing to do with the package? I reported the fraudulent charge and got a new card, but should I return the package to sender, send them to my credit card company for investigation, or toss them in the trash?

• Pa
    Pat Nelson Feb 25, 2009

We had the same experience as all the others. I called the company that sent us the pills at 1-800-430-1529 and they issued a credit. They said that the order had been placed with our AOL screen name on the date that my husband had spinal surgery.

• Co
    cougscoach Feb 25, 2009

My wife received two packages from this company(she too is thin) but she did not order anything from them. The person we called said the product was ordered over the internet and they had her name, our email address, our phone number, correct address, and obviously our credit card number. The company rep said they would refund the money (we'll see). They were not too concerned with what we did with their amazing product. My attorney told me to report the episode to the FBI at www.ic3.gov. I will also report it to the attorneys general of Nevada, Utah, and Arizona. I think I will contact the postal service too. We immediately canceled the card but we would really like to find out how this bunch got our information.

• Bl
    blah Feb 25, 2009

Came home and noticed a delivery from "Lose Weight Systems". Never placed an order nor would I ever. Looked up all my credit cards and bank accounts but no charges. Free junk I guess. If they keep sending it, I will create a stockpile and resell on Craigslist I guess.

Aren't you guys supposed to AGREE with the complaint? Why are you disagreeing with the complaint. You're just a comment, not a complaint. =P

angela Feb 27, 2009

I TOO WAS JUST DELIVERED A BOTTLE OF THESE PILLS AND LOOKED AT THEIR WEBSITE THAT JUST SAID THANKS FOR THE ORDER???? I LOOKED AT MY BANK ACCOUNT AND SEEN I WAS ALSO CHARGED FOR THE PILLS THAT I DIDNT ORDER, CALLED THE COMPANY AND THEY SAID IT WAS AN INTERNET ORDER, THEY HAD ALL MY INFORMATION, THEY SAID THEY WOULD CREDIT MY ACCOUNT IN ABOUT 5 DAYS AND WOULD CANCEL FUTURE SHIPMENTS. COULD NOT TELL ME HOW THEY GOT MY INFO. NOW WHAT DO I DO TO PREVENT THIS AGAIN??

• Ak
    akajondoe Feb 27, 2009

I just recieved my second bottle of pills. After I recieved the first one, they had not yet charged my card so I thought just a mistake, but I checked my account and they have indeed charged me 34.84, and are about to charge me a second time.
    thanks for the headsup.

• Sl
    Slats Feb 27, 2009

Just got off the phone with American Express, as I have received 2 unsolicited bottles of pills - did not show up on credit card until the most recent statement. American Express said that since the credit card number is being used fraudently, that they would put in a fraud investigation, and that I would need a new card (which, by the way, they are expediting and sending to me on Monday at no extra charge). I recommend that all of you who have been affected by this cancel your cards and get new ones, and report to everyone possible - Utah and Nevada attorney general, FBI, US Postal Service.

• Do
    downtownLA Feb 28, 2009

DO NOT CALL THEIR 800 number to get a refund. Instead, call your credit card company, and ask for the Security Team or Fraud Operations. They will file a formal complaint against the merchant to help get them shut down.

If you contact these criminals, it lets them reverse the charge without getting a strike against their name, allowing them to stay in business longer.

As for the pills, THROW THEM OUT! The sellers lied about everything else, God only knows what they are putting in the pills.

• Ki
    Kitty Davila Feb 28, 2009

My credit card company called me so that I can verify a purchase that was being made by Lose Weight Systems. The Credit Card company to me that it related to some type of medicine. I told the company that I did not authorized anything regarding pills. The card was closed and an investigation was executed by the Company. Today, I received a second bottle which I am throwing out. I also placed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission.

• Ki
    Kitty Davila Feb 28, 2009

I received a bottle of "CarallumaExtreme" in the mail unsolicited. I found this site and then checked my accounts online but found no charges. I then received a call from the fraud unit of my credit card company questioning this charge. Good work credit card folks! They indicated that this charge was an "online" purchase. Of course this is a purchase I never made. My company cancelled the charge and will be reissuing new cards with new account numbers. I will be contacting the postal inspector as well.

• Jd
    JDH Feb 28, 2009

As a truck driver, my package arrived on the 25th. My credit card has the amount pending, and the people there can't do anything until it goes through. I had to ask them to cancel the card and issue a new one. Not happy. Not sure who's worst, the credit card companys (for not listening to the blogs) or the scammers, they both seem to cost me.

• Ml
    M L Byers Mar 01, 2009

I recieved a bottle of caralluma extreme, whick I did not order and have since been charged.
    I will be filing with the Minnesota States Attorny tomorrow as well as changing my card.
    I recommend everyone do the same.

• Mm
    MMR Mar 02, 2009

I just got off phone with Steven who "said" he would refund me for my first bottle within 24-48 hours and put a request in thru their financial department for the second bottle. When I asked where he got our personal info and my husband's military email, he replied whoever put the request in "obtained" the info and his credit card number!

Where do these people come from? They must answer the phone all day long for refunds! My next step is to report this fraud to my credit card company .

charlene Mar 04, 2009

I would like to join in filing a lawsuit for these unauthorized shipments and charges. This has cost me time and money to return the product, go to the bank, change credit card numbers. If there is a suit please let me know.

CH

• Wh
    wh_ Mar 07, 2009

I received a bottle from Lose Weight Systems on 3/6/2009. I marked it refused and sent it back via USPS 3/7/2009. I contacted American Express. They had no transaction at that time and made a note about the incident. They said if a charge came in then it would be handled as fraud.

WH

• St
    Steve Mar 10, 2009

Obtained Name and Debit Card number through unknown means

Charged debit card and mailed unsolicited package

• Mr
    mr J Mar 10, 2009

I too have been ripped off by these people sending unordered diet pills and bogus credit card charges. I am still trying to see how they got my information.

If anyone persues a class action law suit! I am in just let me know. [email protected]

• Ka
    Karen Mar 15, 2009

I was charged $34.84 by a company that appeared in my online banking as Adipose Rx. I called them and complained and they were unable to tell me how they got my billing info. I later received the bottle in the mail and returned it. I thought it was over, but two weeks later, another charge of $34.84 appeared on my online banking statement, this time by CarallumaExtreme. I've called them several times and just get a recording. I don't want to cancel my account because it is a business account. I'm working with the bank fraud department to try to stop the charges. I've since gotten a 3rd bottle in the mail. I did file a complaint with www.ic3.gov after the first incident, but haven't heard anything.

Charles Haberkorn Apr 21, 2009

Unauthorized charges were placed on my card. I had to close my checking account and reopen a new one.

• De
    Debbie Apr 29, 2009

I can't believe this is happening!!! I thought that it was a mistake from their part. When I decided to check this 'company' online, I almost drop backwards. What a bunch of robbers!! How they got my information????? How dare they charge my bank for something I didn't order???? I will file a formal complain with my bank. Let's get united to shut them for good.

• Am
    amk7190 May 04, 2009

We just received our latest credit card statement and there was a charge for $34.84 plus a charge from our cc company for a foreign transaction fee. I called the phone number listed next to the transaction to find out who they were, Lose Weight Systems, and explained the charge on the card. She said she would credit it, yeah right. I also disputed the charge with the credit card company but after reading all this today I reported the number stolen and cancelled the card. By the way this was a business credit card.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices