Lord John's Footwear & Myshoestore.comPossible scam!

G

I suspect this company may be conducting a scam. Here is what I suspect they are doing: Charging your credit card immediately upon you placing an order for shoes priced under current market prices in order to entice you to place the order, then when you finally ask to cancel the order they are sending you a cancellation email but not giving you a confirmation number and saying that your card will be credited within 30 days so that they can continue to use your money even longer, also, if you wait long enough the product you ordered may actually be low enough for them to purchase and deliver to you at a profit for themselves. Its kind of like you buying a computer and then send it to you 6 months later when its no longer as valuable from a technology standpoint.

I ordered a pair of high-tech hiking boots from them on 11/4/07 and when i called to check on the order the last week of November they told me that the shoes would be available the first week of December so I decided to wait. I canceled my order on 12/28/07 because when i called again to check on the order they told me the shoes wouldn't be available until in January 2008 sometime. Then they send an email that went to my bulk email account (not sure why the reason there) and it did not contain a confirmation number for the cancellation and said that my card would be credited within 30 days.

I would like to know if there is something that can be done legally to prevent this company from doing this to other individuals.

• My
    Myshoestore is a Joke Jan 22, 2008

If I understand the previous poster correctly, they are from the company that keeps Myshoestore.com on the web.

If that is the case, then it's not Karen who is out of line, but you. Get some morality and taken down this site.

angela pierson Feb 12, 2008

the exact same thing happened to me! i reported them for internet fraud. i found NUMEROUS other complaints about this company.

Joe Batok Feb 13, 2008

Judging from the complaints I have read, and from the actions of this "company", I see no point in waiting any longer to add my complaint here.

I ordered a pair of shoes about 5 weeks ago. And, like all the others, my credit card was charged immediately. To date, I have had one generic email reply, and I believe they are not even answering their phone anymore. I have made at least 4 inquiries.
    At this point, I expect nothing positive to happen. If I do receive a refund or the shoes, I will gladly report it here.

But for others, be warned, do not do business with these people!

• Ke
    kerry prillaman Feb 13, 2008

Now I really understand why my credit card is not being credited!
    I too ordered a pair of shoes on 12-21-07, found out my husband went out and bought the exact shoes that day, so I called and cancelled my order on 1-11-8, recvd an email confirmation that it was cancelled, was already suppose to recv a refund, haven't seen a penny yet. Called and their phones are down and I emailed them and not yet to hear anything and doubt I will.

Has anyone called the Hampton store to talk w/them to see if they know anything..??

• Ge
    George Ferguson Feb 16, 2008

Kerry, thanks for the call. I do see where you said my information was posted on the internet. It is in the complaint I put on this website about myshoestore.com. Evidently when I filled out the complaint form I put my information where I was suppose to put the company's information.

The information for the company is:

My Shoe Store
    Greenland, NH
    www.MyShoeStore.com
    877-675-3295

Chuck White Feb 19, 2008

I and my wife have been all around the myshoestore.com merry-go-round. I do wish I had learned about them in advance but I didn't. Here's what happened in a nutshell:

1. Ordered shoes made by a certain company. (I'm not saying who. You'll find out why soon.)
    2. Instant credit card charge, no shoes for many weeks, no communications until hounded down.
    3. Cancelled the order. Said they'd credit. Didn't.
    4. I produced a carefully-worded letter to the manufacturer of the shoes she wanted. I explained the situation, showed them complaint sites of many other similar complaints, and then asked them why a reputable domestic shoe manufacturer would want to be associated with pirates such as this.
    5. They investigated and agreed with the findings. They then cut myshoestore.com as a vendor. (They were also behind in payments to the manufacturer.) The manufacturer was very cordial to us and even sent my wife a free pair of shoes!
    6. These bums need to go out of business. They're well known to the BBB in New Hampshire and also the office of consumer affairs for the Attorney General of NH. Write to both of them. Also write to the manufacturer of the shoes you want and do what I did. Maybe a squeeze on these guys would have some effect. I'd also write to your credit card company.
    7. By the way, after months of waiting and several sane, business-like phone calls, they did produce a refund. Frankly I was amazed.

Chuck White Feb 19, 2008

p.s.: in their possible defense-- it seems their email provider has been blacklisted so anything they email you will likely hit the bit bucket. My other email provider has junk mail and spam filtering but you don't necessarily get to find out what they filtered. I finally gave myshoestore my work email address and things got through after that.

Joe Batok Mar 21, 2008

Same problems here.
    They claimed my refund would be posted as of March 14. It is now March 21 and still no refund.
    These people are beneath comtempt. Hopefully they will get back in kind what they are doing to others.
    Avoid doing business with them (in fact, I doubt they even are a real business). Stick with the reputable stores and websites.

marym94 May 03, 2008

I also had made an order in January 2008 and still haven't recieved my refund to this day but i won't give up either ! whatever it takes to bring them down is fine by me... i have reported them to BBB and also to my bank i feel this company should be taken off the web for fraudulent retailing and misconduct. I'm sick to death of having to beg for my own friggin money while they continue to make more off other poor unknowing customers. Its a damn shame this company is still in business isn't there a lawyer out there who would like to fight for our rights

Karen May 11, 2008

Same here.. . wish I had known beforehand! I ordered shoes in Dec - over $200+, still don't have my money!! This is truly a scam company. I have complained to the BBB, who responded with "they won't respond, we've tried 3 times" . . .ok NOW I have to try the Office of consumer's affairs in NH. Seriously have had it with this company. I plan on writing the show provider as well, hopefully they will pull the plug on them . . there has to be a law about how long from the time they charge you to refund. . .has to be! Consumer orgainzatons would be appauled by this.
    I send them an email @ least once a day now . . . trying to find out the name of the CEO of the company as well, plan on sending them a letter too.

• Sn
    S N C May 12, 2008

My chain of complaints for everyone's amusement.. myshoestore.com, [email protected], Lord John's Footware, Network Solutions, ICANN, GoDaddy (host), Domains By Proxy (to hide WHOIS info), BBB, New Hampshire Attorney General's Office, New Hampshire Consumer Protection Agency, Federal Trade Commission, and our credit card issuer. My best advise is to contact the card issuer first because time will run out to arbitrate through them and it is your only hope.

Karen May 12, 2008

I wish I had read this earlier! I just tried to dispute the charge from Dec. . . .and they can no longer process it, to late! So I have to go to Consumer Protection I guess. . . .this is incredible. $219 . . . .PEOPLE DO NOT BUY FROM THESE folks!!!

• Mi
    misssadie May 29, 2008

I cancelled my order after 37 days and still no shoes. My credit card was supposed to be credited within 7 business days. It is now 27 days later and still no credit. They told me it is a software issue and were going to issue me a check. The refund supervisor, Jason, was to call me with a check number. Of course, I heard nothing. I called back the next day (on a Wednesday) and the "refund department" is closed until Monday! How many people do they employ in the refund department? I ordered the shoes from someone else- although it cost me a mere $5.00 more. I had them within 7 days! The only reason I ordered from MyShoeStore was because they were the cheapest price! It has turned out to be an expensive experience!!! DO NOT BUY FROM THEM unless you want to spend countless time trying to get your money back.

• Ro
    Robert E May 31, 2008

I ordered a pair of muck boots for my wife'e birthday, took 8 weeks to recieve.
    Have asked to be removed from email list 4 times, being totally ignored.
    Strongly recommend to spend extra dollar or two at competitor, get next day delivery, and no hassle.
    Reccomend not doing any business with these jokers.
    Robert

Karen Jun 01, 2008

Be prepared Missadie - I ordered the shoes on 12/9/07 - $219 worth and guess what STILL no refund!!! I have the name of the policeman who has received complaints on them previously AND the name of the NH Attorney generals office who has been dealing with them as well. . . If you haven't go on-line and file a complaint with the BBB of NH. Hit them every way you can. . .I email them @ least 3 times a week now. .

• Ji
    Jill Jun 04, 2008

I am having the exact same experience as many others who have posted here. I ordered a pair of shoes from these crooks over a month ago and they immediately charged my credit card. When I had not received any communication from them after two weeks I cancelled my order. I sent two emails to cancel and they actually did finally acknowledge cancellation and stated that my card would be refunded, which it has not. I have now sent them several emails to which they do not respond. How can a company like this be allowed to do business after repeated reports of fraud like this???

KAY BRAND Jun 16, 2008

THANK YOU SO MUCH for the notice...I was just about to order a pair of shoes from this company! I was doing a google search for coupon codes and ran across numerous sites with the SAME complaints about this company.
    Needless to say, I luckily didn't give my credit card number, so I closed out that page and I'll find my shoes somewhere legitimate and pay a little more!

• Te
    terri Jun 17, 2008

Argh !! I AGREE with everything said on here...this place is a scam !! Ordered shoes in april, charged my debit card immediately...never rec'd shoes, have been waiting for a refund...customer service is always down..i SO wished i read these complaints earlier...

• Di
    Diana Davila Jun 19, 2008

I, too, wish that I had read these complaints earlier. I ordered a pair of shoes in Jan 08. I have been trying to get a refund since I cancelled the order in March because they were out of stock (so they said). Today I went to the website and found that they are no longer doing business as of June 17, 2008.

• Je
    Jennifer Jun 19, 2008

I'm having the same freakin' nightmare! I ordered shoes on
    03/02/08. I cancelled the order on 04/08/08 because I was
    tired of waiting. I got an acknowledgment of cancellation from
    Vikki on 04/09/08. I was informed I would receive my refund
    in 7 days... no such luck!
    I called on 06/04/08 and actually got to to talk to someone about my refund. She said there was a " problem"
    crediting a refund to my account, so instead, a check would be sent by 06/13/08. I should have known that was a wild lie about refunding my account! Well, you know the story, no check as of today. Yes, their website says they're no longer doing
    business and the phone numbers I have no longer work. I have
    contacted the NH BBB and will contact other authorities also.

• Me
    melissa warshavsky Jul 16, 2008

I am a 15 year old that bought a pair of shoes from myshoestore.com as well. I have no idea what to do because they won't respond to me and I still havent gotten my shoes. Could someone please email me if they see this and help me out. I wasn't prepared to be scammed.

Thank you so much.

• Na
    Nancy Sep 17, 2008

I feel like I wrote all of the above complaints. It's a nightmare and now I realize that I have waited too long to pursue it with my credit card company. I feel like they were very aware of that and didn't notify me of the cancellation until that 90 days had passed. I ordered shoes in Feb. Received one out of 3 pairs that I ordered but was charged for all 3. I called to complain and they said the other shoes were on their way, so I didn't pursue it. Ended up returning the first pair and requesting a full refund never expecting that they wouldn't do it. I had an email in May with same excuse- computer problems and a check would follow. Nothing. Do we have no recourse at all?

sarah Oct 01, 2008

Did a little research online, after experiencing the same problem... This is Mr. K. wife's email address, think she needs to know whats going on with her thief husband...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices