LockOfTheDay.comFake records that lead people to give them $ for picks!

R

The site LockOfTheDay.com gives a free sports betting pick per day to the public. If that was all they did, I wouldn't really care if they lied about their past records or not.

HOWEVER, every couple of weeks, they have a "Lock of the Month" which they sell for $25. Now, by looking at their website, you might think that they're usually pretty accurate and the lock is worth paying for. However, I've tracked their picks for a month, and they are waaaay off. Sometimes, they don't count a loss... sometimes when they say a game is worth two wins/losses, they'll only count it as one loss. They don't track the actual picks; just the records.

It's a scam that they trick readers into thinking that they're knowledgeable, but they actually just fudge their record and don't let the public see their past picks. This site is a total fraud - never trust what the record says, and definitely don't waste your money buying picks from these losers.

• Wi
    William5858 Mar 05, 2007

I've followed Lockoftheday.com for over 6 months, and believe they are one of the few honest handicappers out there. Never seen them fudge their record.

They don't win all the time, but at least they are honest. I've made money by betting on their picks when I agree with them. just my two cents.

• Db
    DBigs Mar 08, 2007

I also disagree. Lockoftheday.com is one of my favorite websites.

jAMES mCLEOUD Sep 15, 2007

I dont care if they pad the loses or not,from my winnings in a two month period they seem to be pretty good.....i have the bank acc to prove it.

• Ro
    Rob D. Nov 14, 2007

They are decent and fairly honest for touts but they definitely fudge their record a little bit. They don't make it obvious but they do it a couple of times each month. They also put down the best possible line on a game, one that sometimes is impossible to still find.

Bull Pito Dec 14, 2007

These guys are terrible they really know how to fudge the record. For the record the are 1-6 in december 07 so far on football which is supposed to be there best picks with a ton of money on them. 12/13 they took denver to beat the texans without a line even posted, should have counted for 2 losses on the money line or should have posted denver favored by 3. Then tonight they take Mephis Grizzlies -4 then scratch the bet because Paul Gasol is scratched and the line went to -3.5. If any knows any thing about laying bets in vegas you can not void your ticket after the line moves so here is another loss not recorded. Cant wait to see how the finish on the month because I bet the other side of them and have been winning epically this month thanks guys for your lock losses. They also cheat on the lines the o/u on Jac. Pit was never 39.5 I know I live in vegas unlike you guys in your want a be vegas town you live in. Keep betting online with your make believe lines and don't bye the lock of the months its totally not worth it.

Bull Pito Dec 16, 2007

Weekend picks 1-3 on football. They said they moved the line on PIT/JAC Under 2 points to 37.5 wow what a surprise it went over but now this evening you do not see it on the site anymore. Overall football record as of 12/16 2-9 for the month of December which they own! Way to lay big money on the colts over it was short by 10 points. Thanks for another great weekend of betting against you I raked this weekend.

James Worthy Jun 12, 2008

These guys (or i should one guy) are a joke...they just got killed on the their lock of the year and only gave themselves one loss! If they win their lock, they give themselves 4 lock wins...what a farce and a sham! Don't fall for it!

Bull Pito Jun 17, 2008

These guys lost every single NBA Finals game! You must be a complete ### not to bet Boston which covered every single FINALS game. I rake again thanks for making me a cool grand. O by the way keep fudging your baseball lines and not counting them against your record. Bravo Bravo schmucks.

Bull Pito Jul 10, 2008

Lock of the day lies about there records! The claim they went 16-19 for the month of June they really went 15-20. At the end of June I looked at the year to date it 83-83. Now they post a 108-108 record for the year. They have a losing record for Feb, March, April, May .500 and losing again in June. Don't believe the year to date record it is false. Bet against these guys they cheat on over/unders all the time and cheat the baseball lines constantly. They are terrible in football also which you will hear from them the opposite.

• Ed
    [email protected] Aug 13, 2008

I am one of the guys at Lockoftheday. We never fake our record. We put up a free pick 365 days a year; most of them winners, and people still complain. Gamblers are always looking for someone to blame or complain about. It's just the nature of the business. We are the ONLY website to list our losses! How about complaining about all those other handicappers who refuse to list their losses? One guy bets on our pick and loses, then needs someone to blame. We bet the Dodgers at -175, line goes to -190, and some jackass will compain we have the wrong line up. We don't really care. And of course we have losses, but we always have more winners than losers. We have been online since 2002, longer than any other handicapper. If we weren't very good at what do, we couldn't stay in business. We have had a winning record every year, 7 years in a row. Just my opinion, but I believe we are the best in the business. You can listen to the two crybabies up above lie, or you can watch our site for free for a month and see for yourself that our records are real and we win just about every month. Best regards, Edward.

• To
    tony Nov 17, 2008

they have a winner here or there, but when i look at it, i have no confidence in what they say...i dont bet their free picks, so why would i pay 25 for a super loser.

• Ha
    Hamilton Jan 17, 2009

These guys said Pit +2.5 could not find that line anywhere last night or this morning. Did you buy up that would have costed atleast -135. No biggie I bet against you and your research .#1 team on the road getting points for a reason LOTD. Your football lock is PIT/BAL under and I am sure your line will be 35 or more. You guys are not even close to being good followed you the past 15 days. Now I will follow you to bet against you.

The #1 team in the nation is an underdog!? Say what?! This matchup requires further research. We dove into the research on this Pitt/Louisville game. We came up loving Pitt today. Louisville's team is chalk full of awesome athletes who can jump and run with the best of them. Having athletes who can jump out of the gym does not equate to victories. Louisville turns the ball over too often. Louisville takes too many ill-advised shots. Making mistakes against a quality team like Pitt will be costly. PITT PLUS THE POINTS IS A LOCK!!

*NFL Playoffs LOCK tomorrow!!! BIG MONEY WILL BE WON!!!

Mark Jan 20, 2009

Quote:The early NBA kills us every year. That's why we bet very small on the NBA and that's why we give our NBA Lock Of The Month away for free. So I paid for your loser Football Lock of the Month why did you make me pay for that. You guys suck!

• St
    steve boubon Feb 22, 2009

lockoftheday are the lowest of the low. They lie about their records all the time and fudge on the lines. They don't count the juice when they lose. Anybody playing thier picks must be in the poorhouse and have a minus bankroll by thousands. Of all the possibilities to choose from daily, they seem to take the losers with bogus anology on the games. I have done very well just going against their picks every week. I call them Bozos and Liars. [email protected]

lotd are LIARS Mar 23, 2009

Yes, lockoftheday.com does indeed fudge their records...even in a good month like this one (March 09) they feel the need not to report all of their loses. Even if you call them out in a email (they only fix half of their mistakes) and reply back that it was simply a "mistake."

Just the other they had 12.2 in the loss column...and what do you know suddenly that .2 dissapears...and I know because I was a sucker and subscribed to their picks...just another way they try to skim their losses can to get an advantage and pad their record...they are taking you to the ringer...and they can cut the crap "we are the best in the business" No you are like every other cheeseball in the business

• Sp
    sportsman Mar 24, 2009

**As of March 23rd 2009**

lotd posts their record at 20 - 15...surprise surprise they are WRONG!!!

If you are paying for their plays this month you would know you have made 35 bets (3/1 - 3/23) with a W - L record of...

20 - 17.2 (not counting juice, this is VERY generous)

[email protected] I challange YOU to accurately portray yourself and the guys you work with, PLEASE stop lying!!!

• Gr
    GREG O. Apr 15, 2009

I BET HUGE AGAINST YOU! LET SEE HOW MANY LOSSES YOU PUT DOWN FOR THIS LOSER. YOU GUYS ARE TERRIBLE YOU TAKE MONTHS OFF AND HAVE A WINNING RECORD? NOT A CHANCE

The Cavaliers are 38-1 at home this season. Make that 38-2 after this game. Cleveland doesn't give a rat's ### about that home record! Cleveland will bench ALL of their starters tonight! You might even see LeBron James in street clothes. Philadelphia needs this win for a possible chance to move up a spot in the playoffs and avoid playing the Celtics. Thaddeus Young is back from injury and he makes this team go! This Sixers are young and talented. They will DOMINATE the Cavaliers bench players!!! The only reason this spread isn't 76ers -11 is because of the Cavs ridiculous home record. Throw that out the window!! BET BIG ON THE SIXERS!!! We have been coasting through this month - most of us take off after the college hoops season and wait for football season - we are back to BET HEAVILY on this one game. One team has something to play for - the other team is resting their best players. PHILLY IS A LOCK!!!

• Bo
    bohick14 Apr 24, 2009

6-22.4 so far for the month of April

How do you consider yourself the best in the business with this type of a record, you would be broke right now if you bet every game they did.

Anyone that buys picks from these clowns are idiots, the worst in the business. I've never seen such a disgrace.

• Fr
    Frank Powers May 03, 2009

LOTD was 10 -38 for month of April. The year to was 65-56 at the end of march good try guys. So with that being said if we went off your false record of 65-56 your new record after april is 75-94! If you bet the lock of the day you would have LOST THOUSANDS with juice 22, ooo for the month! LOTD cheats the record doenst count juice and have no social skills.

• Du
    Dustin May 18, 2009

LOTD gave themselves a win for the AZ/FLA game that was rained out after 3.5 inn. You guys are so bad its funny!

LOTD = SCAM Jun 02, 2009

What a bunch of scam artists. You guys suck, portray fake records, sell crap picks. Bunch of d bags!

DO NOT BUY THEIR PICKS OR FOLLOW THEM!!! THEY ARE THE "BEST" AT WHAT THEY DO! SCAMMING!!!

• Ro
    ronmexico Jul 21, 2009

LOL, this site just completely wiped out their train wreck record in the month of July (6-17 after Monday night's two losses and that's with them rounding every five in their favor) and put up some bogus combined June/July "baseball" record instead of their monthly tally. Par for the course for this site, I love watching them fudge numbers and completely fabricate them at times in order to try to maintain a .500 mark, anyone who pays them a cent for anything is a straight up sucker though. Just fade their picks and enjoy their laughable efforts to cheat their tally.

• Br
    Bruto Jul 21, 2009

I agree Ronmexico just noticed the coy tatics that once again LOTD installs on the site. LOTD admit you are not the best in the buisness. Put up your 6-17 record as of July 20th!

John F. Jul 31, 2009

The LOTD record for the month of July 15.3 - 23.6. For the year 127-145 which is being very nice.

Mike R. Aug 06, 2009

LOTD record for the month of July is 15.3 - 23.6. They dont want you to know this because they are BAD! Trust me I have emailed them numerous times to correct their record with no response. They dont include juice on ovr/unders and half the time on baseball which adds up real quick. Save your MONEY in this down turn economy its not worth the $350 you will lose more. If you do buy the picks bet against them or do a head dive off your roof and save the trouble.

Charlie R. Aug 11, 2009

I watch Lockoftheday every day for over 8 months now. Their record is correct. Seems like a lot of angry bettors here. Their picks are FREE and you guys are complaining this much. Get a life.
    Just my opinion.

Mike Reynolds Aug 13, 2009

Charlie on the other board you claim to have bought the football package. So what gives you must work for LOTD. These guys lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie lie save yourself the money and bet against them. They dont have a winning record I have followed them for years and bet against them and win. So its not people complaining about free picks its about lock of the day lie's about there record. You would know this if you followed them for months. I know this for a fact that they continue to lie!

Mike Rey. Sep 01, 2009

The LOTD record for the month of Aug. is 18-15. They did not count juice for any of the bets they lost except 1 @ -150. These guys are a joke and they just keep lieing. Lie lie lie lie lie if you buy the picks your got to be the stupidest gambler in the country.

• Me
    mesbks Jan 05, 2010

A fudger for sure. A normal lock is worth 1 lock. a lock of the month is worth 2. so last night 1/04/10 when they posted they are playing bif on the fiesta bowl what's big worth???? they lost agai and i guess to lose big means 1 lock!!! worthless handicappers who are not being monitored. if you suggest they join cappersmonitor.com so their picks can be monitored lets see the record speak for itself!!! man up, be honest and monitor your ###!!!

• Do
    DoublingUp Jan 06, 2010

If you guys want a great free sports betting blog, that goes against everything these idiots stand for then go check out http://doublingup.blogspot.com/

• Gr
    Greatest American Hero Jan 08, 2010

I don't know about their Football picks, as I just learned of the site recently for Hoops. I have won on the following this year, and they posted them ALL FREE: He's the last weeks plays as I have kept accurate track by printing out the daily pick so there is no BS. Jan 1st Purdue -4 WINNER. Jan 2nd Gonzaga +3 WINNER, Jan 3rd Wisc under WINNER, Jan 4th Pitts +4 WINNER, Jan 6th Louisville -3.5 WINNER, Jan 7th Xavier Under WINNER! I have turned $50 in to $300 playing $50 per pick. I wouldn't play them if I thought they were bogus! Sure, they can't stay Hot forever but I'll take 6-0 anyday...won't you? I have the winnings to prove it. Just thought I'd pass it along...hope everyone wins like I have recently!

LOTD IS A SCAM Jan 09, 2010

Shut the hell up with your 6 pick B.S. Greatest ### LIAR! No they are not real lines no you didnt win because you are from LOTD. Read the board your post doesnt belong but you have to get someone scam. Great Amer. Hero is a SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM its not true. They claim to be the best in Football they are not even .500 in football!

• Do
    Doug Manuel Jan 17, 2010

Thanks for the post if anyone reads these posts and buys any packages from this website you should be shot. I just discovered it this week and let me tell you they do lie. They gave 2 picks on Sat. for NCCA BB in which they split kiss sister 1-1. But when you go on the site they claim to have won Miss St. but do not say anything about the loss. Hence its just another scamming image of how they do business. Thanks again for all the posts they are accurate and if you buy the picks you are a ###!

John Eddwardds Jun 09, 2010

These guys suck! They are now putting filler on the internet to hide the years of lies. Keep it up LOTD you scam artist.

• Bo
    Bohick76 Aug 07, 2010

Last night they had dodgers -250 as their lock of the month. When they were down 6-0 they took it down to pretend nothing happened, you guys are a joke

• Al
    Alexx keat Nov 11, 2010

These guys are still around with the lies. Man stay away you will lose more money with these guys then with Bernie Maddoff.

Eric Deb Nov 17, 2010

LOTD is now putting spam on the search engines to cover up the complaint boards. Wonder why? Because you are now unable to lie to the public like you have for years. Keep up guys I am still here to make sure you don't rip people off like you have me!

Eric Deb Nov 17, 2010

Lockoftheday is a scam do not buy the package! I repeat fair warning do not buy the package you will lose big.

Eric Deb Nov 17, 2010

Lock of the day is a scam do not buy this package! You will lose these guys are the best liars in the biz! Don't believe the BS they are spewing every weekend.

• Hu
    Hunter Thomas Dec 09, 2010

Lockoftheday lists all the winners after the games are played but never list any losers. Geez guys if you went 5-0 you would list the games right after they went off not when they go final. Thanks for this complaint board its been helpful in making sure I make the right decision.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices