Loanfinder UKare they a scam too

I recently was phoned by loanfinder uk as they claim my details had been passed to them and said they could find me a loan as i have no credit history in the uk and am trying to build it. I told them i am wary of brokers as i have been scammed by loans4sure and didnt want to pay an upfront fee..they were very nice and said they wouldnt take the fee unless they found me a loan..i haven't heard from them in two weeks and they took out their £29.50 admin fee and i've still no loan now am trying to recover that money.

are they a scam? please tell me ive not been burned again for being trusting this company is different surely there is a loan company out there that arent scammers...

JL09 Aug 24, 2009

Hi, I work for Loanfinder UK. As you have found, unlike other brokers we don't take an upfront fee before we help you, which (as you say), is very popular with customers. The date that our fee is collected is solely based on arranging and agreeing a payment date that is convenient to you. We charge the fee for our service because we are independent and don't take commission from any lenders on our panel who our customers take loans with.

I'm concerned that you say that you have not heard anything before your fee was collected, as our dedicated Loan Solutions team will have carried out a loan search on your behalf based on the information that you gave to us. You mention that you are trying to recover your fee but I can't tell from your post whether you have contacted anyone from Loanfinder UK about this. If so, things should be in hand. If not, I've used the link to send you a message so that I can look into this personally for you. I can reassure you that we are here to help you so all you need to do is contact us. Please post back here if the message system does not work.

• Kc
    Kchesser1 Aug 26, 2009

jane,

for whatever reason i cant get into the first account i set up to check for your mail that you said you sent. I did try ringing the customer service number on 2 seperate occasions but it rang out.. so had to contact my bank who are trying to recover it that way, through the fraud department.

I was contacted once by your company and that was the intial phone call where i gave my details. I still have not heard from them(if it shows up as unknown i let it go to voicemail and ring back if a message is left as i can't be too careful now, but no messages have been left from your company) saying if a loan was found or not.. at this point while a loan would help me out financially and credit history wise i could care less about it and want my £29.50 admin fee back as Loanfinder UK failed to find me a loan or contact me stating they had or hadn't found me one.

Your company has my contact details. should you be unable to reach me through this forum feel free to drop me a line or call(and leave a messsage should i not answer the call for what ever reason)

sincerly
    K Chesser

• Cr
    craig1 Aug 26, 2009

yooooooooo had the same problem, loanfinder took £56 and passed me onto tesco who passed me onto the authorities who told me that loanfinder uk took my money through fraudulant claims and is now in the process of recovering my money. craig

• Kc
    Kchesser1 Aug 27, 2009

craig, thanks was beginning to think i was the only one.. still havent heard anything from them and nothing from jane so guess will let the bank and authorities deal with it now..

JL09 Aug 27, 2009

Dear K

Don't worry, we hadn't overlooked this. After posting my message to you here, the following day back at work we managed to trace your details. We've been calling the number you gave us because we would prefer to talk with you to reassure you but the calls gets terminated. Meantime I was hoping that you would email me if you'd picked up the private message I left here for you. At least I know from your new posts what has happened!

We'll try your mobile again tomorrow. I'll also send you an email as you didn't get mine from the private message that I left here for you. If you have any concerns at all, you could also call our freephone number [protected]. I've left some notes on your record so that the operator who takes your call knows exactly what to do. Don't worry, we'll get this and your refund sorted out for you.

JL09 Aug 27, 2009

Dear Craig

We would not take a payment for our loan finding service without full authorisation from a customer. Our operators are all very clear about this. No lender or authority would have grounds to say that our service involves taking money from people fraudulently. We encourage our customers to let us know if they ever have any difficulties or concerns at all. We have many happy customers but if ever we can't resolve a problem to our customer's satisfaction, we treat our customers as we would wish to be treated ourselves and will cancel any fee due or refund any fee paid.

We're not going to be able to trace your contact details from your post, so I've left you a private message on this board so that you can contact me directly by email. If, like K you can't access this, all you need to do is call our free phone number [protected] and you will be helped. Please feel free to say to the person that you speak with that you have been in contact with Jane on this forum if you wish so that I know that you have made contact. I'm confident that we will be able to reassure you and look forward to hearing from you.

• Ke
    kesbongo Aug 28, 2009

Hi, i too had dealings with loanfinder uk, and myself didnt get any correspondance from them or other loam companies other than the first where i agreed on a £29.78 charge for them to find me a loan, which was taken today. They told me they would give me a refund if they couldnt. I emailed loanfinder uk on [email protected] explaining my situation, and recieved a phone call an hour later from a lovely man, telling me that they would put a cheque in the post, that i will recieve mid week next week(1st - 3rd sept 2009). I am hoping that i do, as i am short of money at the moment, like the rest of britain in this recession, and could do with that cash back. i would urge others that have dealings with loanfinder uk to do the same, and i will keep you posted as to whether the cheque arrives!

PS. The number does come up 'unavailable' when loanfinder call you.

Clevharr Sep 03, 2009

After a credit check on Experian I too had the mis-fortune of having a phone call from loanfinder uk in which they assured me they would be able to find me a loan. They stressed that they would charge a nominal fee but only if they managed to get me a loan. I was passed from person to person going through the same details with each of them only to be told that they could not help but still wanted to cohearse me into other things rather than the topic of the loan. They did not get the loan for me but took £61.78 out of my account without my authorisation. I have spoken to someone today who has assured me that if I write in to them they will return said money in full upon receipt of my request. I am sending a letter to them today with a view to this being honoured.

JL09 Sep 03, 2009

KChesser, thank you for contacting us, we were very happy to help. Jane

JL09 Sep 03, 2009

Hi Kesbongo. Thank you for your post, I would also urge customers to contact us directly with any queries or concerns they may have as we are there to help. I personally checked your letter which was posted last Friday. We now have postal strikes in our area so will be calling you to make sure you have received this. Jane

JL09 Sep 03, 2009

Hello Clevharr. Don't worry, your request will be honoured. We help hundreds of people every day but if ever we can't find a suitable lender for a customer we will cancel any payment due or refund any fee paid.

Our operators have to explain how our service works, gain agreement from customers and adhere to strict scripts when setting fees and payment methods. All of our calls are recorded for mutual protection which enables us to listen to calls if anyone claims they have received anything but this standard of care. We can do this for you.

We have postal strikes in our area this week which could delay your letter from getting to us. If you send an email to [email protected]uk with your full name and postcode, we can act straight away. I'll look forward to hearing from you.

chellou Sep 04, 2009

hi, the same happened with me and my family they took the thirty pound out of my account without my permission, and ive heard nothing at all about a loan.i have tried to get a refund they said they would but still nothing at all how can they just steal your money, its a joke im feel so stupid they pray on people who need help it makes me sick if we wanted them to take money we wouldnt be asking to lend,

JL09 Sep 04, 2009

Hello Chellou. I don't know whether you read my other posts. We are not able to take money from people's accounts without permission and don't make it difficult for people to get a refund if they are not satisfied with the service that we provide. I can't help you from the post that you have left but all you need to do is email me on [email protected] and I can help. You really have no need to worry. Jane

Clevharr Sep 07, 2009

Hi Jane thanks for responding to my email. I would also like to point out that I'm rather concerned and perplexed. After speaking to your staff/colleague Hayley I received a text from your company at 5.07 03/09/09 saying "thank you for setting up a new payment date please go to www.loanfinder.co.uk" followed by a login number and password. I thought I was very clear in stating the obvious but it seems that someone is not paying attention which has become very disconcerting. However, with optimism I will email the letter to you and hope that you will resolve this matter on my behalf.

Regards Clevharr

• Lc
    LCBe Sep 11, 2009

Hello, as all here I passing for the same thing... may in my case is worse due I'm not a British person, but I contacted this people and they kindly find some info for me. But due I'm new here in UK I can't apply in the majority of these lenders because the ask for at least 3 years of settlement that in my case I don't have.

So today, I sent an message through their web service to stop this fee to be taken from my account. I will wait for their response... the fee is about 67.47 Pounds... in this moment I'm Not afford to pay this...

So at least I have time (25th sept) to stop this payment to be done... let's see if they stop it...

Regards, Lcb

JL09 Sep 14, 2009

Hello Lcb. If you left a clear message where we are able to identify you and your application details then this should not be a problem. If you would like me to check and confirm this for you, please send an email with your full name, postcode and date of birth to [email protected] Regards, Jane.

JL09 Sep 14, 2009

Clevharr, thank you for contacting us, we were pleased to help. You also alerted us to the text that you received and we agree that this would have been confusing. It was caused by a recent IT data problem that has now been fixed. You were the first customer to raise this so your feedback was much appreciated. Regards, Jane

• De
    Dede 01 Sep 15, 2009

Hi l contacted loanfinder about a loan and was asked to use my credit card for 49 pence so they could identify myself, that was fine until l got a call from a loan agency and the apr`s were stupid so l didnt bother getting one. When it came to getting my most recent credit card statement l see loanfinder collected a payment of £65.
    Using the free phone number l have just called them and been told l can write to them and ask for a refund . Am about to do that now so hopefully by my next credit card statement it should be returned. Anyone had a refund !!

JL09 Sep 15, 2009

Hi Dede 01, We don't pass our customer's details on to loan agencies. The call that you received has nothing to do with our service. Email me on [email protected] if you would like my help. Jane

• Wi
    Will09uk Oct 05, 2009

Hi, I stumbled across this page when i was looking for Loanfinder UK refunds, its the first on google. I took out a broker loany thing, sorry for lack of terminology, and was told i didnt have to pay an upfront fee and they would help. SO i gave them my details and then recieved emails with usernumber and password so i signed on to have a look and a guy called gino had been assigned to me and reccomended provident and llandudno credit district. i had said on the phone i didnt want provident or flm so llandudno credit district was my only other option. So i left it and right on schedule the payment went out last friday 2nd oct. I wasnt happy with the lack of loan, but then they have a good system and maybe im just doomed because of my bad credit. Either way, i wanted a refund and after reading here and a few other places i was unsure whether i would actually get a refund and whether i had just been conned, so before i rang hsbc and asked them what they could do, i thought id ring Loanfinder just to see what rubbish they would come up with. Heres where it got interesting. A man answered, i honestly cant remember his name, but he was unbelievably helpful. He explained that as i didnt get a loan they would be happy to refund my money, and he was sorry they werent able to find one. He gave me an address in bournemouth who i am now going to send a letter to. That phone call was just over 5 minutes ago, before i started writing this. I am so happy that he helped and he has changed my thoughts on the company. I would reccommend using them, because if they dont find you one you get a refund! Im going to send my letter tonight when ive wrote it and im sure ill get a reply and refund soon. If i dont write back by next tuesday, ive got my refund, if i dont get it youll definately hear from me.
    Jake McBride

• Di
    Dinalci Yardley Oct 21, 2009

Hello, Loanfinders and all the customers above !
    while still waiting to hear from Loanfinders that they finally found a real deal for me, I was idly browsing aroud their page . I found the compaints and gradually started feeling like entering a twilight zone, went cold as I read about other people' experiences and recognised the patern of my own. It's with my stomag in a knot and the heart jumping out of rythim that write this message !
    Optmisticly, I am still hoping, no longer for Loanfinder to introduce me to lenders that actually cater for people with my status ( better credit rate than than 68% of the UK's population, acording to Loanfinders calculations !), but to get refunded of the £29.50 they cashed from my bank. I am 63 and my pension does not allow me to pay for nothing .Today I rang Loanfinder in response to their text in my mobile anouncing their dedicated team had founded me a loan which would be mine in 48 hours if only I checked their private message.No record was found of such a feat.But my mobile sang the arrival of another message from Loanfinder leting me know when They expect to cash a further £44.95 in November.
    I didnt quite understand if any of the "customers" above has actually received their fees back or indeed got any loan paid into his or her account . While I wait for this ray of hope, I will be checking my mobile and my acount with Loanfinder, again hoping that Sofie or anybodyelse assigned to me will contact me with some kind of good news .
    Then I will take the apropriate course of action .
    Thank you all .
    DINA

• Ba
    BadwolfBracken Oct 22, 2009

UK Loanfinder ARE a scam - they took £65 from my account without my permission.

A quick call to my bank sorted it out but watch these people - Nasty, Nasty, Nasty

• Ba
    BadwolfBracken Oct 22, 2009

Yes - they ARE a scam

They took my details via an phone enquiry - did nothing for me and then took £65 from my account without my permission

A quick call to my bank sorted it but I would advise anyone to scan their bank statements after dealing with these criminals.

Clevharr Oct 22, 2009

Hi All,

Its been a while since I posted my last message (Due to other commitments). However to be fair to Loanfinder UK, after my comunicay with Jane & the gentleman who's name escapes me! I did sure enough get a refund in the form of a cheque (approx 7-10 days after) which I happily took to the bank & eagely awaited clearance, which I'm pleased to inform has done so. I can now say all is well & if anyone has the same problem give them a call or email 7 hopefully the will sort you out too. Regards Clevharr

• Da
    danielle scattergood Oct 23, 2009

i applyed for a loan as i recently moved into a new home and wanted to decorate, i have since found out that loan finder have taken £55.78 from my account and have no idea what to do about this if anybody here has had the same problem and has recieved the money loanfinder STOLE from them, please let me know how tey done it thank u
    danielle
    birmingham

Clevharr Oct 27, 2009

Hi Danielle this is clevharr if you look above your message posted you will see mine! I did get re-imbursed after posting my complaints here and after my calls to Loanfinder Uk I'm sure with persistance on your part you will too!
    Regards

• Li
    LISAJANE Oct 30, 2009

LOANFINDER ALSO SAID THEY COULD FIND ME LOAN AND I AM STILL WAITING, I STATED MY POSITION AND TOLD THEM WHICH LENDERS I COULDNT USE AS ID BEEN PREVIOUSLY TURNED DOWN BY THEM AND THEY STILL SEND ME DETAILS OF THE LENDERS I CANNOT USE. EVERY TIME I APPLY IT GOES AGAINST ME AND MAKES MY CREDIT HISTORY WORSE. FLM TOLD ME I COULD HAVE ONE PROVIDED I HAD GAURANTOR BUT DO NOT KNOW ANYBODY THAT DOES OWN THEIR OWN HOME BUT THEY STILL KEEP SENDING ME DETAILS FOR FLM!!!

• Th
    thomas boyle Nov 10, 2009

thery are ripping of poor people in need of help iam in contact with a good lawyer and a national paper who are intrested in doing a story on them they will be reseving bad press and to warn other people of them.name givin as ive been ript of for 48, 90 pounds which i dont have so they will be hearing from the press soon, and my lawyer it will cost them more as i will be receving legal aid they will have to pay out a lot of money they will know how it feels to loose money.

• Gr
    grayam Nov 10, 2009

i too was contacted by a man from loanfinder uk he told me over the phone that he would garentee me a £700 loan which i was in need of and he would charge me two payments of £29.50 which would only be taken after the loan had been paid into my bank. they did text me a 09 number which charged £1.50 per minute i called the number but was unable to get though, they called me again and i said i was unable to get though to the number they gave me they said they would give me another number, but i am still waiting for that number, loanfinder have taken there fees and i still have no loan, is it a scam sorry to say i think so.

• To
    toopeace Nov 12, 2009

Hi everybody!
    I've got a same problem as evryone here... today I applied a loan by phone I passed all my details and one of this cheat people said they do the security check in my account and then they asked me to can I take the payment today... after this conversation I find out this company taken 69.99£ from my account without my permission!!! When I called back them the ###in guy was laughing and he said I paied this money and then I cancelled so it's unrefoundable... So I now what you fell "thomas boyle" and I did the same as you... from tomorrow starting my prosecution with they!!!
    PLEASE BE CAREFUL EVERYBODY THIS IS A REALLY SCAM COMPANY!!! DO NOT APPLY WITH THEM!!! TIPICAL ###IN ### WHOSE TRY TO TAKE OUT THE POOR PEOPLES MONEY...!!!
    They have to pay our money back, I gonna write this story to all of forums and newspapers and I'll do everything to get my money back what they took ILLEGALLY!!! Criminals...

• Gr
    Gregor Milne Nov 26, 2009

I have have also been caught out by loanfinder uk. I was not keen to give my bank details over the phone but the person Iwas taking to said I must I must if I wanted a loan, and like a fool I did.
    I was told that all would they debit me for was 29 pence, which they did last month but this month they have taken £61.87 which I did not authorize, as far as I am concered this is fraud.
    I have been in touch with my bank and they said because I had given my bank details there is nothing they can do at the monent, but for me to get in with loanfinder uk. and then forward any correspondence to them and they will take up.
    They problem is I dont have an address or telephone number for loanfinder uk, maybe you can help.
    My e- mail address [email protected]
    G.J.M.

• Zo
    zoe birchall1985 Nov 29, 2009

hi, somebody applied for a loan in my name and have stole my bank details, i havent a clue how though. I cannot get hold of loanfinder to tell them to cancel my account. Ive tried the e-mail addresses above and they dont work. Please can somebody help me. Before they take my money off me. Then i can contact the police back to let them know its been cancelled.

• Zo
    zoe birchall1985 Nov 29, 2009

them e-mail addresses posted above do not work, how can i contact loan finder by e-mail? i need to cancel an account somebody has made in my name. please help

jamiebobster Nov 30, 2009

Jake 'Will09uk' McBride:
    Did you manage to get a refund in the end?

I'd like to know before I apply that I'll be able to get me money back if I'm not happy.
    From all the posts here it seems that they do give your money back if you ask?
    x

• Ri
    ricky sparkes Dec 04, 2009

Hello, i was tricked into believing that Loanfinder uk would help get me a loan and when i spoke to them, they asked for all my details and said that they would and could help me, and when they past me on to another five people not one of these so called "assistants" knew who i was and Loanfinder charged my bank account £44.87 for doing absolute bugger all! Right on top of christmas too!

Did anyone manage to get their money back?

Yours Sincerely,

Ricky Sparkes

I WAS CHARGED 67.87 ABOUT TWO MONTHS AGO AND I STILL DID NOT GET A LOAN

D VIALVA Dec 07, 2009

I GOT A CALL FROM WENTWORTH DIRECT SAYING THEY CAN GET A LOAN FOR ME SINCE THREE MONTHS AGO UNTIL NOW NO LOAN N THEY TOOK MY MONEY 59 POUNDS

D VIALVA Dec 07, 2009

LAST WEEK I WAS CONTACTED TO CONFIRM LOANS DIRECT /LD SOLUTIONS FOUND A LOAN FOR ME AND UP TO NOW NO PAPER WORK

• Sh
    shiney1 Dec 08, 2009

hi i filled out an application with loan finder uk and am absolutely discusted with the amount of companys calling me im extremally angry as one of the companys has found my work number and is trying to contact me at work. I may get saked if i recive personal calls at work i need help i am thinking of reporting to the governing body as my work number wasn't supplied and they have no right to contact me if this goes further i will be sueing

• Mi
    michaelmjm Dec 09, 2009

are there any trustworthy brokers out there ffs