Menu

J
Author of the complaint
8:51 pm EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I can not believe what has happened to me! I HAVE BEEN MOST DEFINETLY SCAMMED ! I was told that my modification would be done within 6-8 months from the guy that took my check, I also had numerous conversations with Moss Sidell who told me that he is the attorney and that he is going to handle my loan from beginning to end personally, its been over one YEAR! And the so called attorney and the salesman stopped returning my calls since last week! To make matters worse they sent me a letter from "MOSS SIDELL ATTORNEY AT LAW" that he is NO LONGER WORKING ON IT and that my physical file is in route to NEW YORK!I DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW AN ATTORNEY CAN GET AWAY WITH THIS! I KNEW I WAS BEING SCAMMED SINCE THE BEGINNING BUT MY SALESMAN TOLD ME THAT THERE IS AN ATTORNEY WHO IS PROMINENT IN NEGOTIATING WITH BANKS! How can an attorney do this to me? MOSS SIDELL IS A FRAUDSTER AND A SCAM ARTIST AND HE MAY EVEN GET AWAY WITH MY MONEY ! I AM FURIATED AND HAD ENOUGH OF THIS DISRESPECTFUL NATURE FROM THIS COMPANY! I EVEN REFERRED MY CO WORKER AND HE RECEIVED THE SAME LETTER! THIS COMPANY DEFRAUDED ME AND NEVER WENT TO COURT ON MY BEHALF, my bank just informed me that i have a sale date in three weeks! Does anyone know how to reach the attorney MOSS SIDELL or his sales representatives? PLEASE RESPOND THIS COMPLAINT as I can not even trust another attorney in my own community, I am filing a complaint but the bank told me that I am not elgible for a modification because i am too behind now!

More Loan Modification complaints & reviews

Loan Modification - Scam
Loan Modification - Scams
Loan Modification - unhappy customer of Colombana's firm - Mortgage relief law center and its sub-agency
Loan Modification - ripped off and mislead
Loan Modification - scam money
Loan Modification - 18 Months of loan modification hell!
Loan Modification - NOT a Trustworthy Company
Loan Modification - Paid for Services Never Received
9 comments
D
Jul 21, 2009 6:49 pm EDT

paid these guys 2000.to do loan modification said they could get use help with federal grants because i `am 82 and my daughter is disabled.we recived a letter from are mortgage co.that they were starting forclosure we call them send they have never been contacted by this firm are second got a fax from them may 28th said they were are contacting them in are reguards please contact them, they call them back same day they have never return there call.ever time we call them they back up on everthing.

E
Jul 27, 2009 3:12 pm EDT

Sterling Investment Solutions took $7990.00 for two seperate loan modifications neither of which were ever completed. I paid this company in Nov of 2008 and to date there are no loan modifications completed. The company refuses to refund my money even though we have a binding contract with a so called "money back guarantee". I have contacted them numerous times requesting a refund with no avail. I have filed compliants with numerous companies such as this as well as the DRE to prevent this from happening to other people. This company illegally represented themselves and was not in compliance with the DRE. They still are not operating completely legally. I just want my money back. I am a retired man with little income. I need this money to provide for my sick wife and take care of our household.

I hire this law firm to handle my loan modification with Bank of America and nothing was ever done. I paid in full $2, 000 for legal assistance and was never told that my loan modification was denied and I'm still losing my home. This process began in July of last year.

Rebecca Williams

H
Oct 11, 2010 1:45 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

2009-12-09 Jerry said refund should be processed

2009-12-15 Received email from Jerry, "Hi Hans, your refund has been approved and scheduled to be delivered to you next week. I will let you know when it goes into the mail."

2009-12-31 Received email from Jerry, "I checked on your refund and you receive it next week. Let me know when you get it."

2010-04-15 Jerry said will mail a check on 4/19

2010-06-07 Jerry said will mail two $500 checks

2010-06-18 Neill Weber said call him if Jerry didn't call me on Monday

2010-06-29 Neill said will call me on 2010-07-02

2010-07-08 Received email from Jerry, "I will have your refund for you scheduled within the next 30 days."

2010-09-01 Jerry said will send check in 2 weeks

2010-09-20 Called many times and no one answer

2010-09-21 Received email from Jerry said: Hans, a complaint will on further complicate this- I will get it out to you hopefully by the end of the week. I will send you an email update Friday.

2010-09-27 Did not receive email from Jerry, he did not keep his promise again. Called many times and left many messages asking them to call me back.

2010-09-28 Jerry said the first installment of refund has been issued and should receive by regular mail in 3-5 business days.

2010-10-07 I was waiting for 7 business days and got nothing from Jerry.

W
Oct 25, 2011 9:03 pm EDT

Agree with the above statement(s). I am angry. No I take that back, I AM FURIOUS! This a**wipe took 4 payments of $800.00 and did absolutely nothing. Him and his con artist salesman Jerry Maguire (Mayer, he thinks he's Jerry Maguire, you know the sales agent played by Tom Cruise) really conned me into this stupid process. When I asked for my refund, Jerry pointed to his crotch and said "Theres your refund BIG BOY". He kept making huffing noises under his breath and kept calling me "BIG BOY" and "### MAN". I took and still take great offense to this as the attorney, Mr.Moss Sidell and Jerry Mayer knows I am happily gay. He kept saying comments such as" The Bathroom is down the hall BIG BOY, WHAT REFUND BIG BOY, AND YOUR REFUND IS IN OUR FILE CABINET THAT IS PROTECTED BY CHAINS BIG BOY. I do not understand why he continued to hurt my feelings by calling me BIG BOY and ### MAN. I kid you not, when I asked when I would get an update from Chase, Jerry said " ONCE WE HEAR SOMETHING, YOU WILL ...### MAN." He blatantly said gay slurs under his breath, loud enough so I can hear it. I realized that I am going to get no where dealing with his homophobic A**HOLE. I am taking matters to another level, ex. THE GAY AND LESBIAN COALITION. Thats the group whom MOSS SIDELL AND HIS CON MEN WILL BE HEARING FROM NEXT!

M
Sep 23, 2010 5:11 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Bank of America and its President, Brian T. Moynihan, and one Robert Flores who says he's "from the Office of the President, Bank of America" are arrogant ###s totally out of touch with the rest of us Americans. Case in latest point is that I go to my local Senator's office for help under this HAMP, BUT the arroganr ###s, Brian T. Moynihan, and Robert Flores, leave me a telephone number I have to pay to call them at. [protected]. Zero customer service. Zero brains from Bank of America's Brian T. Moynihan, and Robert Flores. Bank of America takes billions of dollars from each and every one of us taxpayers but won't have an 800 number in Bank of America's President's Office to handle these loan mods coming in from the Congressional offices or even their customers. If I could afford long distance, you arrogant totally out-of-touch ###s Bank of America's Brian T. Moynihan and Robert Flores, I wouldn't be trying to get this legally required loan modification from Bank of America now would I?!? No wonder we tax payers had to bail Bank of America out!

What arrogant totally out-of-touch ###s Bank of America's Brian T. Moynihan and Robert Flores Need Is Customer Service. Businesses must promise long and deliver short to their customers. They must keep all commitments made to the customer. Never lie to the customer. Never give conflicting stories to the customer. Never give a customer the run-around. Always remember that the customer is always right. Put a mirror in front of you if you answer the phones. Put a smile on your face when answering the phones. HAVE and GIVE to your customers an 800 number you arrogant totally out-of-touch ###s Bank of America's Brian T. Moynihan and Robert Flores.

Arrogant totally out-of-touch ###s Bank of America's Brian T. Moynihan and Robert Flores, apologize for having a customer wait. Remember that escalatory language always breeds more escalatory language. Arrogant totally out-of-touch ###s Bank of America's Brian T. Moynihan and Robert Flores, without the customer, there is no business. Without a business, there is no job for an employee. Not the most difficult sell for most people. No wonder we taxpayers had to bail Bank of America out!

D
Apr 30, 2010 9:54 am EDT

i have read about all the bad luck people have had with american home mortgage.the gormans would like to start a class acttion law suite against them, i think e should all get together with them and push it thought.call you congress or state rep.please leave me a mess.i would like the gormans to contact us.any one else that has the same trouble with them it says they have 31.200 complaints.i`am tired of getting the run around.

S
Mar 01, 2010 10:43 am EST

I paid $2, 000 to a loan mod company based in Miami for my mortgage, and its been 18 months and still nothing. You can simply write a letter to the bank yourself and you might results too without spending all that money. I have a friend that got a forensic loan audit like these guys http://www.loandoctorsfl.com and they used that to modify their loan WITHOUT the loan mod companies. I wish I did that.

Lorenzo

E
Sep 10, 2009 1:44 pm EDT

I am So sorry to hear what happened that’s why I entrusted in a law firm to get my Modification done. I recently did a loan Modification with the Sherman and nathanson Law Group. They walked me through every step of the process from start to finish, I was very fortunate to find such a wonderful company to work with. If I may recommend any company to do your loan modification I would give them a call, they did my entire loan modification in exactly 47 days and anytime I had a question they were very responsive in getting right back to me. Its unfortunate there are so many bad company's out there, If anyone comes across any other bad companies please post because no one deserves to get there house taken from them. You can contact them at [protected] the gentlemen I worked with name was Bret hope this was helpful.