LMT Living Estates/Loepker MgmtSlumlords??? You tell me.

I am one of many unhappy tenants who live in rental properties managed by LMT Estates, also known as Loepker Management. This management company appears to have no regard whatsoever about the condition of their units and the health of their tenants. Despite numerous complaints and requests, their units remain in the midst of multiple maintenance issues and infestations.
The unit I currently live in is now becoming overrun with German Cockroaches. I, along with others in my building have brought this to the attention of LMT. Despite a promise to have the units sprayed...still nothing. The roach problem has now reached such a level that I can no longer keep my dishes in my kitchen cabinets and must store them in my bedroom closet. Many families in this building have small children/infants and this is unacceptable. I myself have done everything in my power to rid my unit of roaches via poisons, traps, etc, but in a building where they are now crawling out of air vents and making their way into the common-areas (hallways), it is obviously beyond my control.
I also seem to have a flea problem as well, but the funny part is that I do not have a pet of any kind. In my view, that is completely unfair that I am expected to live with vermin.
There is a unit in this building which smells STRONGLY of mold. It is so thick that I can smell it when I open the building door, and it seeps into my unit. I am beginning to worry about my health and that of the children here.
I am so frustrated after persuing this issue for over three months that I am debating leaving. I would not recommend renting from this management company! They also have property in Swansea, O'Fallon, and Bartelso.

• Cl
    C-Luv390 Sep 20, 2009

Hmm. sounds similar to where I live . And is definitely, a true slumlord!

• Go
    Got You Pegged Jul 27, 2010

I FULLY agree with this statement, 100%. DO NOT RENT FROM THIS COMPANY.
    I am currently the victim of this man's relentless pursuit to attempt to ruin my credit, my financial situation, and ultimately, my day. The unfortunate fact for him is; unlike himself, I actually have concrete proof of my innocence in these situations. There is a little something called irrefutable evidence, and fortunately I had the foresight to protect myself from this bloodsucking slumlord. See, the thing is that I was told by the property manager the day I moved in that "they [LMT Living Estates] do not do written walk-throughs with their tenants". So, I just got out my camcorder and began to roll tape. There were cockroaches in the cabinetry, broken drawers, missing drawer pulls, bubbled-up linoleum, badly installed VERY OLD carpeting which had threads showing through, seams receding, and stains and burn holes galore. I was asked if I would like the carpet to be replaced prior to move- in. I said 'no' because I have small children and it wasn't a big issue. In retrospect, I wish to hell I'd have had them replace it because I received an exorbitant bill charging me for the replacement of the carpet, among other utterly ridiculous LIES. What else? The unit was NOT cleaned to the standard laid out in the lease, the cabinets were filthy and full of food crumbs, the oven had no racks ( the property manager had to take them out of a vacant unit in O'Fallon and bring them to mine), and a unit in the building did smell of mold, which I indicated in my video.
    While I lived there I was subjected to his smart mouth on a a semi-regular basis. I'm really glad I was raised with the proper tact to hold my tongue. Once he called me "a decent lady', and that is a solid truth; perhaps even an understatement. Sadly, I cannot for a split-second call him a decent man. Expletives aside, this man can only be described as both ignorant and rude. I hope he wastes his money taking me to court, because at that point he will no longer have the luxury of dealing with a woman of decency. I will have the GREAT PLEASURE of spitting my venom at him with enjoyment. The fact of the matter is that the burden of proof rests on his shoulders. I have mine in the beautiful forms of timestamped video and digital photos. Where is his?
    If you do live in his units and have a maintenance issue, I will warn you now that you can write requests until your hand falls off, and make call after call until you're blue in the face... expect NO ACTION for months, if ever. After all, everything will be YOUR fault, because you are poor, filthy trash. It will not matter if your A/C is on the fritz and your kids are sweltering in the heat, if you cannot cook because your stove doesn't work, if your home has cockroaches crawling out of the woodwork. The frank truth is, HE DOESN'T give a [censor]. His aim in your landlord-tenant relationship is to abuse you with his little attitude problem, do the least amount of work he can, then wait until you leave and try to screw you in every possible way.
    I am now sitting here red in the face, wondering what to think of this ridiculous bill I am faced with. My lease ended on the first. I called the property manager and told her I would NOT renew my lease well within the 30 day time-frame. I never got a letter in the mail asking if I planned on renewing. I suppose he didn't realize my lease was ending, and she never relayed my message. Now I have "breached my contract". I'm calling BS. I left on the 5th, and with pro-ration I should owe a rent amount of $76.76+ a late fee if he wants to stick it to me. How the HELL did he come up with a sum of $1668.00? I will tell you- he charged me for the entire month, plus late fees, court fess, etc. on a bill that's just a bunch of unlabeled amounts. He has my deposit and he can shove it (AND HIS BILLS) right up his...
    To add to the laundry list of LIES, I "didn't clean the unit properly". It says the fridge had to be defrosted and cleaned. That's funny, I cleaned it and left it open and unplugged. The oven, windowsills, shower and toilet were not cleaned. YES, they were. The carpet was "ruined". Again, utter BS. It was ruined WELL BEFORE I got there, and I WILL NOT PAY FOR IT TO BE REPLACED. I didn't have it cleaned. That is the truth. But, I have been charged for all of this! I urge him to keep my deposit and leave my family alone. I NEVER WANT TO HEAR FROM HIM AGAIN.
    All of this being said, here's Part II of my dilemma...
    When I was leaving the unit, I left the door locked with the keys inside. On the 17th or 18th of July, someone broke-in and vandalized it with spray paint. I suspect that after they came into my unit after I moved they left it unlocked as usual. Now, I moved 2 hours away. That weekend was my birthday. My new home has security cameras which show my husband and I and our vehicles here ALL weekend. To add to that, I have cell phone records showing my location, as well as bank statements that detail where and when I swiped my debit card. This man left a message with my husband stating that I was SEEN leaving the apartment, that there are witness statements and photographs showing me there. This is FALSE. He claimed he had filed a police report naming me as a suspect. Claimed that I owed him $10k in "restitution". Well, I called the Belleville Police Dept. There was a report, however- there was NO suspect(s), NO photos, NO witness statements. In fact, I spoke with the lieutenant who informed me my name was nowhere in the report, nor was my husband's. He also notified me that if I were contacted again to file a report against him for telephone harassment. He asked for Kent Loepker's phone number so that he could inform him to leave me alone. I gladly supplied it. I spoke with another tenant (via phone) from that building who has also left the units. He said that the Monday the damage was discovered, Kent attempted to speak with him and he ignored the request. He also said that Mr. Loepker was seen screaming at the responding officers for not doing their job. That's a fitting testament to this man's intelligence! I have no clue who did that damage, but I have proof it was not me. I can only surmise it was one of the MANY, MANY people he's pissed off. And I assume that number is quite large. I have never encountered a person who had a kind word to say about him. Most hate him with every fiber of their being. That's what happens when you are a cold-hearted snake. I just feel terrible for his family, because Daddy is a very mean man.

TAKE ME TO COURT! WASTE YOUR MONEY, I DARE YOU! I HAVE ALL THAT I NEED TO CLEAR MY NAME, AND I'LL DO IT WITH A BIG SMILE ON MY FACE. You think I'm stupid, but I must inform you- I have an education, I come from educated people with class, and I will fight you tooth and nail.
    Sling around your fancy little words... I'm sure you will see this, and certain terms like "libel", "slander", and "mudslinging" may pop up in your reply. Here's a news-flash for you- I KNOW WHAT THEY MEAN. Slander and libel only apply to falsities, not truths. I haven't done anything but call you out for the wrongs you have done to me, and are attempting to do. This is what I get for being so nice to you, despite how rude you have been to me?!? Dude, grow up and look into your conscience (if you even have one. It appears as if you don't.) Please, take my $595 and leave me and my babies be. I apologize if I am bringing hardships to your life. I did nothing harmful to you or your unit- and you KNOW IT. You have just angered me to the point where I feel the need to expose you for this. I feel for your situation with your family, I lost someone dear to me around the same time you did and by very similar circumstances. But, I was never anything but nice to you despite my personal pain. I wish you and your family the very best, and it is my hope that you will consider what you are doing here, learn from this, and treat people with the compassion and respect that they deserve.
    SEE YOU IN COURT. It's gonna be a ball watching you be treated like the idiot you've shown that you can be.
    Oh yeah, here's the proof. And again, I have video of the way it looked the day I came there, and way more pictures from the day I left. There is NO LEG for you to stand on. Notice, everything that was said to have not been done, was. Check it out, and then go away please.
    That's one filthy place I left, eh? Yeah, no. I worked my [censor] off and I'm so glad I did!
    PS. The guitar amp, flatscreen TV, and cigarettes (which I smoked OUTSIDE) were NOT left there. I obviously took them with me! Oh, and I left a brand new battery in the smoke detector on the cabinet in the kitchen, you know, the one that never worked despite batteries in the first place. Even left a shower curtain and air freshener for your convenience.
    So unbelievable. Seriously, don't rent from LMT Living Estates.

• Lm
    LMT Estates Nov 01, 2010

LMT is sorry to hear about your dissatifaction. You lived in two residencies, one in Ofallon and then transfered to Belleville without additional security. You failed to clean in Ofallon and destroyed the place in Belleville. You broke your lease, never cleaned, and caused criminal damage to the property. LMT has wittnesses ad other residents who filed numerous complaints against you.
    LMT is pleased that you have moved and wish you the best in the future.
    Thank you.

• Lm
    LMT Estates Nov 01, 2010

LMT is sorry to hear about your comment. However, it is strange that you lived at two of the LMT residents. One in O'Fallon and you were then permitted to transfer to Belleville without any additional security or rent increase. And yet you still caused filth and a horrible cleanliness in Ofallon. While in Belleville, other residents moved because your husband played his drums excessive at strange hours. You did not clean your residence and caused roaches to your neigbors. Then when you moved out of Belleville, breaking the lease you returned on a Friday night to spray paint ad attempt to destroy the residents.
    This criminal damage and filth has been 100% resolved and new and happy resident occupy all premises.
    LMT is pleased to see you have moved and wish the best to you in the future. Thank You.

WHATEVER1985 May 27, 2011

That is absolute, utter nonsense. We lived in one of your units, and since it was left in excellent condition we were not charged to move into another. I find it strange that there are SEVERAL complaints about your buildings that are nearly identical to mine. Try and lie you ### off and blame me all you want. You are a liar, I know it, you know, your tenants know it. The only reason we lived in your unit and switched to another unit was because when we were in O'Fallon you were NEVER there and because Charlotte treated us nicely. In fact, the one time I saw you I thought you were an electrician. My husband played drums and had permission of the others in the building to do so, so don't make things up. We are still in contact with 2 of the tenants who stayed there, all of whom complain about the roaches STILL. I was told it was the man in the basement who was dirty (by Charlotte), and caused the roaches. We just dealt with it. When we moved to another LMT unit and saw cockroaches on day 1, we realized it was a problem specific to YOUR MANAGEMENT. We stayed because you're frankly a total ### and we KNEW you'd make it as nasty as possible if we tried to leave. Even when we finally ended our lease, you were a total ###. Saw that coming.
    Tell me why the Housing Authority said others had filed infestation complaints against you. Why did the Belleville Police tell me that I was in no way a suspect in the vandalism. I DID NOT do that. You know I didn't. Are you illiterate? I can easily prove I was 2 hours away when it happened. The bottom line is the FILTH was YOUR lack of care for your properties, the vandalism was either done by you in an attempt to try and screw me or by someone else (because PEOPLE HATE YOU WITH A PASSION), and your answer to being a total lying failure is just lying some more. I like how you're so "nice" in your little comment, but if I were standing in front of you I'd be hearing the work "###ing this, ###ing that" coming out of you worse than the Navy shipyard.
    YOU ARE ATE UP. DON'T RENT FROM THIS CREEP.

WHATEVER1985 May 27, 2011

Wait a second! I caused "horrible cleanliness" in O'Fallon? This is so true! Love it. The only thing that hasn't been a blatant lie. Freudian slip, maybe?

WHATEVER1985 May 27, 2011

Oh, and congrats on your recent lawsuit filed against you for...wait for it...COCKROACHES, uncleanliness, missing refrigerator, no mini-blinds, inability to get these issues fixed prior to a tenant's set move-in date, etc. So nice of you to refuse to have the unit sprayed by pros and provide the tenant with a receipt. Instead, you just get the "good stuff" at Lowes. It's obviously not very good! (I suspect it's water). Nice of you to not give them a fridge, or keys, or let them move-in when they were told they could.
    And so nice of you to refuse to RETURN their deposit when they decided not to live it one of your units! Yeah, that sounds about right.

WHATEVER1985 May 27, 2011

Please contact me if you would like my address. I am very curious, and would like to see this non-existent police report and stack of complaints. Just ask.

• Bl
    Blessed06 Mar 06, 2013

HI, I agree 100% curious to know did u ever receive your money from this slumlord???

• Un
    undertaker627 Jun 22, 2015

He has money so be careful he is rich family money