Living media LimitedSite http://indiatodaybookclub.com/greatoffers.htm for claiming free gifts does not open or is non existent

As advertised by the Company I purchased on line Britannia Encyclopedia Britannica and a series of CDS titled 'SAAZ'. The company offered great gifts worth some Rs.5400/-. The site does not open. The for India today book club site does not have a link to open up a site for claiming free gift.

When telephoned i was told the Unique Number allotted to me for claiming the offer has not yet been activated, bot this will be done by saturday the 13th Sept 2008.

I tried to locate the site with a view to long on on 14th, 15th and on 16th Sept.

This is the reason for complaint.

• Co
    commander debasish banerjea Sep 18, 2008

• Ke
    ketanshah Sep 26, 2008

Dear sir,
    I cant open your site which you have mentioned in your letter for claming the free gifts

John Richard Sep 27, 2008

Dear Sir.

• Pr
    PRAKASH D Sep 29, 2008

Please for god sake don't open and don't place order.

I have placed order 3 months back. I am yet to receive the parcel. But money has been deducted from my Credit card.

No use calling 01140502424.

Shame on India Today to have such offers and Cheat Customer.

My ITBC No:08496380
    Order No 0GA080012138

• Gh
    Ghanshyam Umre Sep 30, 2008

The site for offers does not open to claim my Free Gift.

mayakamath Sep 30, 2008

after recieving ur letter when i opend your site its not opening. why you give such wedsite which wont open.

• Vi
    Viswanathan Oct 02, 2008

My membership No.is ITBC08393681 Invoice No. ORA 08006550 Please let me know the fate of my free gifts promised to be offered. yours viswnathan.

• Vi
    Viswanathan Oct 02, 2008

my unique No. is 162368125A080065550

• Sh
    shrikant mahalle Oct 03, 2008

Firstly i have not provided the material for which i asked for.Secondly after providing the first order no which i received through e-mail despite of repeted inquires through e-mail no response . Thirdly telephone no of cheaters book club is not responding . fourthly the web site provided for free gift is not opening.

• As
    Asha Oct 04, 2008

I cant open your site which you have mentioned in your letter for claming the free gift.

Shame on India Today to have such offers and cheat customer.

• As
    ASHOK KUMAR ARYA Oct 04, 2008

Firstly, the parcel was supplied after unusual delay. Thereafter, the website for claiming the free gift which was part of the contract to purchase Saaz CDs, does not open in-spite of trying on different occasions on different dates.
    No one picks the telephone No. of the Customer Care and it is always on auto mode, that too it is defective as it does not record the request of the customers properly.
    Hence, it tentamounts to misrepresentation, fraud and cheating on the part of India Today with its customers, apart from constituting Deficiencies in their services.
    Please treat this as a legal notice and immediately rectify the defect in receipt of free gift with in 10 days from receipt of this mail, failing which I shall be constrained to initiate appropriate legal proceeding against the Company including Complaint to the District Consumer Forum.

• Gu
    GurumurthySadhu Oct 05, 2008

I tried to open the web site http//offers.indiatodaybookclub.com/greatoffers.htm
    as shown in your letter sent along with the SAAZ cd's to
    claim free gifts but I was not able to open the same.
    Please let me know why it was not opened by email
    to me.
    Gurumurthy Sadhu.

Mallika Oct 06, 2008

I have met the same fate while trying to open

Shame on India Today to have such offers and cheat customer.
    Membership No. :ITBC08395497

• St
    STEPHEN XAVIER Oct 07, 2008

Dear Sir
    Thank you very much for sending me the CDs as promised. though there was a problem in claiming the free gift by logging on to the site finally it was solved and i have furnised the details to claim the gifts. but i would like to know whether i could change my choice of gifts!

• Su
    Suresh Bagga Oct 09, 2008

These people are just cheats and they do not care about their customers.They do not even read the complaints their customers are making. They are Shame on India.

• Ni
    Niks Oct 09, 2008

Guyz,
    All here, Sorry but I'm able to open the site, the same you all have mentioned.

If you people are not able, You may check out calling below no. or send mail.
    011-40502424 or email at [email protected]

Invoice No. ORA080089381

• Dr
    Dr.Dipak Banerjee Oct 11, 2008

as shown in your letter sent along with the SAAZ cd's to
    claim free gifts but I was not able to open the same.
    Please let me know why it was not opened by email
    to me.

• Av
    Avin Hadke Oct 16, 2008

the site mentioned in the letter(http:offers.indiatodaybookclub.com/bag) does not exist then i don't understand how to claim by free adidas bag and as i recieved two offers do am i entitled for two free bags? nobody's helping in this matter and does these offers mean some kind of a joke? I've wasted a considerable time to locate the mentioned site and the bookclub site do not have any "offers" part in its page.I request the india today book club not to humiliate the people in such a horrible way!

Binu Oct 20, 2008

• Pr
    P.Rajsekhra Rao Oct 20, 2008

I receivd box with a note to claimyours free gifts from India Today Book Club. I could not open as per the first step itself
    My unique numberis 179244002A080104801

• Vr
    V.RAMAKRISHNAN Oct 23, 2008

I am also facing the probelm, as such I have to the above.

• So
    somu c hiremath Oct 28, 2008

about free gifts invoice no ORA080225664 order no ITBC08387724 date 22092008

• Na
    N Abbas Guru Oct 29, 2008

my ITBC08550740, SIR i also have the same problem, the site does not open nor my free gifts received till date. There is a Rs. 60, 00, 000 sweepstakes this december, do u think this is also a fake?? if yes shame India Today!!!

• Su
    SUDHESH KUMAR RAUT Nov 02, 2008

I have puchased the Britannica C.D.Rom as per advt. with a view to claim the free gift . But to my utter surprise the mentioned has never opened.It is also very funny to know that no coupon as mentioned is available for purchase of any Reebok shoe inside the C.D.pack.Such type of cheating mentality is not expected atleast from The India Today Group.My invoice no. is ORA080105348 AND MY UNIQUE NO. IS 168136219A080105348

bisal.kc Nov 17, 2008

i also have similar experience with india today book club.i ordered tha same pack on 08 aug 08, and i got cd pack as vpp.but till now no information about free gift.when tried to contact them i also hav similar experience, i purchased the cds because it was from india today, but now it is sure that india today is a cheating company, if anybody is like to take initiative for mass legal action against them, i also is ready to join that

bisal.kc Nov 17, 2008

i also have similar experience with India today book club, if anybody is planing for counteraction like legal steps, i am ready to join that

bisal.kc Nov 17, 2008

i also had similar experience, let us take legal action against this cheating company

manjunathswamy.j Nov 20, 2008

i received my sacred moments today. when i went to our site, it is not openning at all. i tried a number of times and the resutl is the same - it is not openning. when i saw a number of complaints on the non receipt on gifts, it appears that you are taking us for a ride. there were so many complaints and not one of them was answered .
    my code is 174727711A080036977,
    my ITBC no is 7257277,
    my invoice no is ORA080036977.
    i have get holiday, diamond vouchers and my adidas shoes size 6.

pl ensure that these are dispatched early.

Satish Gupta Nov 27, 2008

received the SAAZ CDs but the site mentioned fro claiming the free gifts doesn't open. Let me know as to how could I claim my fre gifts.

• Pa
    parameshsampathkumar Nov 28, 2008

i have the same problem of the unique number and the submittion of all the numbers is not accepted by the india today bookclub offers.

• Mh
    M.HARINARAYANAN Nov 29, 2008

I`m definite that this site doesn`t exist.Because, If ti is so, U-would have taken some actions in my mater ae well.INDIA TODAY has gone down very badly in responding to querries, especially, when it`s all about the so-called 'Free-gifts'., which they claim to be sending to deserving subscribers.My wxperience with YR-group in regard to the 'sending of special-gifts' for last 3-4 years had been frustating to say the least.U-have to be a professional-groupm to perform in a 'unique'manner.Yr-approach is very amatuerish and disgusting..Harinarayanan.

• Me
    meghna joshi Dec 02, 2008

Isend you acheque of rs 2225 on25august2008for music set of 20 cds

chaque was deposited but we did not get the another gifts containing diamond set, free trip worth rs 7000, and adidas shoes. plz see to this problem

• In
    indiatodaybookclub Dec 05, 2008

Dear Mr. D prahash,
    Your complaint has been resolved on 05/12/2008.
    Please refer to the email sent to you on your id. If you have any further queries, please mail back to us on the given id:

[email protected]

Would request you to kindly mention this subject: ONLINE COMPLAINTS
    Whenever you mail us

or call us on our customer care No.

011-40502424

• Aj
    ajay Dec 13, 2008

I did as said in the letter but have not received any gift, but received new offers.The entire offer looks like to cheat the offer taker.

• Fe
    feedback Dec 28, 2008

Dear Mr.Ramesh Bhagwat, Your complaint has been resolved on 29/12/2008.

[email protected]

Would request you to kindly mention this subject: ONLINE COMPLAINTS
    Whenever you mail us for quicker response,

or call us on our customer care No.

011-4050242

• Km
    k murali Feb 27, 2009

i have also tried the site given by indiatoday club. it doesnt exit. more over the wed id given is not responding. I have paid Rs.2000/- for 20CD sacred moments devotional ssongs on 30th oct.2008, i hv reced the same on 26th feb.2009 after several complaints.
    Wat action should be taken as a consumer?

• Gd
    gdpai21 Mar 20, 2009

Below is my complaint but till date no action nor any reaction from ITBC (ACTUALLY THEY SHOULD RENAME THEIR COMPANY AS "ITCC - INDIA TODAY CHOR CLUB")

Following is my complaint:

My order no. 0GA090003819 dated 27-01-09, I ordered a Reebok Fitness Kit. I received the kit with wrong shoe size (I order no. 9 but received no.6) hence on instructions from Customer help 011 40502424, I return the full parcel.

On 14-02-09 new order no. is given to me - 0GA090006606, but till date I have not received my order. Whenever I call helpline no., simple answer is given "order is fully / successfully processed and will receive the same in 1 week"

This has been going for last 3 weeks. The customer service reps are not even transferring the call to senior personnel reason given all are busy. Today 17-03-09 am told to wait for 15 days more.

Mr. Mayank, Ms. Shabnam Khan, Arvind, Dominic Savio, Priya, Ishleen all these employees give different reasons / excuses but not even one has helped. I feel am helpless as I am based in Mumbai and this company is in Delhi.

ITBC is fleecing innocent buyers. WORST SERVICE PROVIDER I HAVE COME ACROSS TILL DATE. HOW CAN ITBC BE SO CARELESS IN CATERING TO CONSUMERS NEEDS.

Regards
    Girish Pai
    098677 90333
    Mumbai

• Tm
    T.M. Meghani Sep 12, 2009

I am not able to open your site for claiming the Free Adidas Bag & Holiday gift voucher
    inspite of repeated attempts. My invoice No. is OGA09006461 & Membership No.
    ITBC09101983. It is requested to give alternate solution for claiming the free gift &
    Holiday gift voucher.

Your early action in this matter is requested.

(T.M. Meghani)

• Si
    singhaniya Mar 26, 2010

i had lost my member ship number and i had send a mail regarding this. kindly mail. me the membership no.

name : shashank shekhar