Little Giant/Homestead (Roslindale, MA)Dog breeder - puppies

B Apr 29, 2020 Review updated:

Hello,

I'm writing to add a complaint about Albina Degtiariov from Little Giant French bulldogs in Roslindale, MA. You may also know her by Irina Deresh, Alexandra Shur or Ira Brook or the company as Homestead or Blue Panther. (Addresses: 1720 Beacon st., Brookline and 27 Harrison st.  apt E Roslindale MA)

This woman is manipulative and is a puppy mill breeder. DO NOT GO TO HER OR SUPPORT THIS BUSINESS. She's listed on the AKC marketplace, so she seemed ‘legitimate' to me. Please, please, please do your research though!! I went to see "Albina" to look at a dog a few years ago. She gave me the address of her work at a dental office (without prior warning, so I really thought I was going to see her apartment where she kept the dogs). So right away, I was a little sketched out. She then brought out two French bulldog puppies. One of them, the male, was significantly older than the other one who was female. The male was quiet and laid in our laps to snuggle while the other one kept trying to eat our shoelaces. We chose the male, but I did try and tell Albina that I didn't have cash or a check as she wanted me to take the puppy right away. She said she was going away that weekend for her sons tennis match in Florida, so I needed to decide now. I ‘panic-bought' the male puppy with a credit card at the dentist office. My puppy is now 3 years old and is healthy and doing well. That being said, he did have a TON of digestive issues prior... he had worms when we brought him home from her place (which we knew immediately from the constant diarrhea) and needed antibiotics, which can generally cause a lot of stomach issues in dogs when antibiotics are taken at such a young age. Anyways, my point is, we really lucked out. We have a great dog, but even after getting him I freaked out the next evening after reading so many stories out there about her other name "Irina Deresh". After reading the stories I did attempt to contact the breeder multiple times to tell her about my dogs digestive issues and to ask for the AKC papers after he was neutered and did not hear a word back from her.

Moral of the story: Please do your research on any breeder you are considering. Make sure you are able to see the puppies living conditions. Make sure you can meet the parents of the puppy. Make sure you get the correct paperwork. And lastly, make sure it's a trusted breeder and that you feel GREAT about leaving there... if you see any red flags, RUN and don't look back.

• Li
    little giant Nov 24, 2020

After reading the complaint it is clear that the person who complained liked the puppy when they bought it and likes the dog now. They are not happy that the AKC papers were not received. The reason for this is not clear as all the puppies are AKC registered and from the AKC parents who were present at the time of purchase. AKC papers are always provided if requested. The rest is either irrelevant or fiction.

• Ba
    Bailey McKee Oct 20, 2020

I'm so glad you posted this. I did the exact same thing. Luckily I googled her name before I agreed to meet the dogs. She currently has two that she offered for me to see in Brookline. This makes me so sad, she has a long history of this. Is there anyone I can report this too? Maybe some way to find where she's getting these puppies?