liquidation depotTreadmill not delivered, stole my money

K

I paid $800 for a Sole F85 Treadmill to be delivered on Sep. 17, 2009 using their required form of payment, Green Dot MoneyPak that I purchased at Walmart. They acknowledged receiving payment by email and then another email saying the order was being processed. Shipping was supposed to be 7 to 14 business days. Well, when I went to check my order history a few days after the order it no longer showed up on the website. After numerous phone calls, which I had to leave messages (never got a real person), and a few emails I never got a response. This concerned me. Now the site no longer exists nor does the sales email address. So, I am out $800. They stole my money and I am sure there are others.

I am at a loss as to what action I need to take next.

They used another # as well [protected] Ext. 101

P.S.
My original complaint I used Sole F85 treadmill as the Company/Product Name. That was a mistake on my part. My beef is not with Sole. They make excellent products.
I don't know how to delete that complaint from this site. There doesn't seem to be a way to do that. But if someone can, please do so.

joekor Oct 08, 2009

I was scammed by this company and lot $575.00 for a tool that never arrived. The web page is as professional as it gets but they are a scam and don't answer the phone and want you to pay with green dot money Pak. Don't fall for the scam you will loose your money.

• Co
    coopdeville Oct 09, 2009

I also was scammed by Liquidation depot, , , , $2100.00
    Is there any recourse, ,

Vernon Schrader Oct 11, 2009

I also bought a Honeywell generator $425 from Liquidation Depot following the Greendot procedures given on the Liquidation Depot website. I went to Walmart and was told that the Money Pak was guanteered, safe, and reliable. Liquidation Depot transferred my funds to their Money Pak one day later and I followed up status of shipment, but never received any shipping info. Liquidation Depot website has now disappeared and Greendot is refusing to do anything but state to its customers to file a police report. I believe all stores (Walmart, Kmart, Walgreens, etc.) and Greendot should followup in the pursuit of justice because their businesses, good names, employees, and reputations were used as a tool to commit this fraud, across state lines (federal), on internet customers. Is there any legal recourse available (lawyers willing to help) for justice in this against Liquidation Depot, please contact myself at [protected]. Thanks. Disabled Veteran.

• Lm
    LM19 Oct 11, 2009

Ok, I'm panicked now. I just tried to log on to the liquidationdepot.net website to check my order status as I was expecting my treadmill to be delivered soon, and the website does not exist. So, I google'd it and found this site. I too ordered a Sole F85 treadmill, bought the Greendot money pak card at Wal-mart, and now according to the comments above I guess I just lost $800! What can we do?? Please help if anyone can?! I am a single Mom and that much money is a huge deal to me! I am incredibly disappointed and upset...and want my money back!

C & P Boyd Oct 13, 2009

Well we too were ripped off. $450.00 for a generator that never came. Greendot money pac and all. We are checking into who to file a complaint with. There is recourse for internet scams and this is apparently what we were all taken by. Amazing..i'm usually more savvy than this. But my husband was heading this up and didn't do research on the company before placing the order. I always do that but let is slide this time because it seemed legit enough. Just goes to show you...always be deligent...always...and take nothing for granted.

C & P Boyd Oct 13, 2009

this is the link to the Government Internet Crimes Complaint Center www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx

this is the link to the FBI Internet Fraud page www.fbi.gov/majcases/fraud/internetschemes.htm

suggest you file a complaint if you have been taken by Liquidation Depot based out of New York...aka liquidationdepot.net . Would also suggest filing a complaint w/ the BBB out of New York... If people don't take the time to file complaints, people like this just keep getting away with this kind of criminal activity and getting more opportunities to rip others off.

• Rj
    RJlaw Oct 15, 2009

Hi my name is RJ, I lost close to $6, 000.00 and want it back. I am gathering all the information and the people who were scammed by this liquidationdepot web site. We will charged and lock these people up who were responsible. We will get our monies back. I would need you all to cooperate with me. I hired a lawyer today and we are all going to get to the bottom of this. I have the phone # of the website, I have a name, and we will track them by forcing the green dot company to give us these people's info that we need.
    Please call me or email me at [protected] email [email protected]
    Lets do something about this and lets do it together. contact me. Thanks

• Te
    teytey23 Oct 16, 2009

We ordered a Bowflex treadmill from liquidationdepot.net with the greendot money pak that we bought from Wal-Mart. Here we are 16 days after confirmation that it was ordered with no way to get in touch w/ the company, liquidation depot, to find out when it is to arrive. This makes me sick! When I called my police dept. to file a police report they were essentially no help at all. Any advice on how to get my $700 back would be great!

Vernon Schrader Oct 17, 2009

Contacted [protected] Walmart and told them about scam with Liquidation Depot.
    Walmart employee sold GreenDot moneypak to myself stating Moneypak was safe and guaranteed. Told to keep receipt and if problems occurred contact Greendot. Advised Walmart that GreenDot Moneypaks could continue to scam people out of money. Told them GreenDot response was to file police report. Asked Greendot corporate to contact myself but no response. Advised all involved to contact place where Greendot Moneypak sold and advised them of this situation with Liquidation Depot and maybe others out there doing the same. Maybe with Walmart, Kmart, and Walgreens etc. pressure on Greendot being used as a tool to scam people out of money, they can stop the sell of these moneypaks to other customers.

Vernon Schrader Oct 17, 2009

Maybe would should contact the national media (news, radio, newspaper, tv, etc) showing how Walmart, Walgreens, Kmart, and Greendot good name, reputation, and employees used as a tool to commit fraud against internet customers?????

kicks92 Oct 17, 2009

I copied this from one of the long headers from one of their emails to me. I am curious... might they be coming out of westchester, Pennsylvania? I am not very good at reading this. Maybe the BBB in Pennsylvania might be someone to contact as well.
    Any advice would be helpful.

Received: from OMTA11.westchester.pa.mail.comcast.net ([76.96.62.36]) by QMTA11.westchester.pa.mail.comcast.net with comcast id ii6c1c0020mv7h05BiV7CP; Sat, 19 Sep 2009 18:29:07 +0000

Received: from [64.6.109.90] ([64.6.107.34]) by OMTA11.westchester.pa.mail.comcast.net with comcast id iiUy1c0080kZKoG3XiV1yR; Sat, 19 Sep 2009 18:29:05 +0000

• Ri
    rich Oct 20, 2009

These people (theives) use Craigslist and Greendot Money Pak for their scam. The Money Pak is electronic cash. Once you send that electronic 'cash' there's no way to have any buyers protection. This needs to be a big warning on the Greendot Money Pak website!!

I was very interested in a treadmill too, but was very skeptical about the 'unusual' terms of payment. They never gave me any direct communications and never was able to talk on the phone live. If you've been ripped off by this hoax I would advise you to submit your cases to the above mentioned internet crime reporting.

• Pr
    Priday Oct 25, 2009

I found an ad on Craig's List placed by Liquation Depot for Plate Compactors. On September 27, 2009 I purchased two plate compactors at a cost of $380 each with a Green Dot Money Pak purchased at Krogers. Liquidation Depot would not accept a credit card or Pay Pal (this should have been a red flag). I received an e-mail that my order had been received and then another email that my order was being processed and it would take 2-3 weeks before the item was delivered. I have placed several phone calls to the 888 # and left messages and these calls have not been returned. I have also called another phone number on the web site [protected] and that phone number is no longer working. I have also tried to go to their website and the website is no longer working. I have filed a complaint with the FCC and also with the Better Business Bureau in New York. I am upset about the money but more importantly want to warn other individuals of this SCAM!!

• Rj
    RJlaw Oct 27, 2009

rich you gotta go to this web to file a complaint the rest of us are doing it. we need you to be in the same page. www.ic3.gov. email me you contact infor so I can add you. I will provide you with all our contact info. Email me asap. thanks
    rj

• Hp
    hpetersdorff Oct 28, 2009

Wow...I thought I was alone in this Liquidation Depot RIP OFF!!! Here I am 700.00 later with nothing to show and those CRIMINALS are probably already moved onto their next SCAM and there seems to be no way to track them down! I went to my local police dept. and they said they would investigate but they basically told me it was next to impossible to track down people like this...GREAT!!! I can't believe the MoneyPak people will not give me any info as to what account the money went to or what name is associated with the account that it was deposited to...way to protect these ###!

I just refuse to believe that there is nothing that honest, law abiding Americans can do against these low life criminals on the other end of this SCAM! There has to be a way...

• Ag
    agmeyers2 Nov 09, 2009

It gets worse...they advertise on craigslist for furniture too...they change web pages every month and readvertise agian on craigs list agian. This is a montly event. This months scam (for what you guys ordered on) is http://www.sportgoodsoutlet.com/ or you can look at there furniture version http://www.housefurnitureoutlet.com/ (That is what I got scammed on) What I have been doing is looking for my product on line with the price (because it's always the same) and the craigs list adds will come up I send in a response wait for the new web address to be sent to me and put out a compaint asap on that web pages such as this and pissedconsumer.com. From my research these are people overseas (I think China). I wish there was a way to notify craigslist so they could take they off.

kicks92 Nov 14, 2009

Thank you agmeyers2. Good to know people are out there watching this stuff.

I just got done adding the website info you gave to my complaint with the FBI (ic3). Hopefully they can act quickly and find a way to catch these criminals.

• Cl
    Clarkco Nov 26, 2009

They are still at it, only this time they are using a new web address. It's www.onsalebazaar.com.

Why the F**K isn't some law enforcement agency doing something about this??!!??

STITCH1967 Jan 18, 2010

LIQUIDATION DEPOT SCAM ARTIST AT IT AGAIN. THEY RAN ADS ON EBAY, AND CRAIGSLIST BACK IN SEPT., OCT 2009 AND RIP OFF ALOT OF PEOPLE . THEY ASK YOU TO BUY A GREEN DOT MONEY CARD FROM PLACES LIKE WALMART, ETC.. AND THEY WILL SEND YOU THE PRODUCT STAY AWAY. http://baltimore.craigslist.org/tls/1553648620.html

• Je
    Jeepguybp Jan 21, 2010

Well add me to your list of those being scammed, but it was under the website www.halfpricemart.net out of Fresno, Ca. Same scenario, used Green Dot Money Pak, $1000 for a new leftover 2008 model Sole F85 treadmill. Now the website has disappeard with my money! I wonder how many others across the U.S. are being ripped off? I hope the police can catch these SOBs and put them in jail!! Jeepguybp

starkapopolis Aug 15, 2010

Pretty sure this is from the same company. I got interested in a $2500 treadmill when they advertised it for only $800 including inside delivery. Glad I held off. Here's the text of the email they sent me. Note: I never contacted them so it's curious how they know I was looking to buy.

"Hello Brian, Thank you for contacting OnsaleSurplusDepot. Please accept our apologies for the delay in answering your email. The product you requested more information is available for purchase on our online store. This lowered price is a limited time offer & limited stock, offer available between August 9 - August 16. Visit http://www.onsalesurplusdepot.com/category.php?id_category=7 for the inquired product. All orders above $500 receive a voucher for our Platinum Home Delivery, voucher code: Summer . Items shipped via Platinum Home Delivery will be delivered to your home, brought inside, carried to the room of your choice within two floors of the main level (unless a service elevator is present), removal of cartons and assembly. Submit payment for your order within 24 hours and we will ship it next business day. Please read our F.A.Q (You will find all the necessary details regarding shipping & delivery, pick up, returns, etc.) before placing any orders. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to contact us. Thank you Sean Kells OnsaleSurplusDepot General Inquiries: [protected] ext 1Payment & Shipping: [protected]"

AngelaVill Nov 15, 2010

PLEASE BE AWARE! The webside they are using as of November 2010 is http://www.usaliquidationmart.com/
    I almost fell for it until they would not accept credit cards and I had never heard of the Green Dot system. I was suspicious so I did some more Googling and found this and a few other sites with the same complaints.

• Be
    Bewareof Dec 25, 2010

Mother is right. If it's too good to be true...you know the rest. I believe these people are now using http://www.stock-mall.com. They are selling MacBooks, childrens wooden playhouses and upscale, expensive treadmills at UNBELIEVABLE PRICES, ABOUT 20 CENTS ON THE DOLLAR COMPARED TO MSRP OR RETAIL.

They tell you to use Moneypak at Walmart, but warn not to buy a debit card. Nobody ever answers the phone. Their phone number is registered to Houston or Dallas, TX.

But, if you check whois on the ownership of the website, they are in Nasau, Bahamas. If you Google that phone number listed on the website, there are MANY other types of scams currently going on with that phone number.

There have been at least 119 sales made since this website opened on December 7th which was another reason I decided it was 'too good to be true'.

I am not sure if this is the same company or same group of people who are constantly moving around the cyberworld, but it sure sounds the same to me.

• Mo
    Moonman Dec 31, 2010

I too almost got conned by what is now called www.stock-mall.com on a commercial treadmill at a fraction of the retail price. Read about it on craigslist, received an email
    directing me to the website, and almost ordered one without thinking it through. Sending payment through a greendot moneypac is like putting cash in an envelope and
    sending it in the mail and trusting the recipiant. The stockmall phone # comes from Dallas but the site says they are located in Balch Springs TX. The address is that
    of a Home Depot on Elam Road... These people should be strung up on a tall tree.

Moonman

AndreaSnyder Jan 04, 2011

One more comment on stock-mall.com: If you Google the address provided at the site:

Stock Mall Corporation
    Updated Dec 12, 2010
    Electronics shop and more!
    12005 Elam Road
    Balch Springs, TX 75180

You get a number of links showing a Home Depot store at the same address:

Seems shady to me.

• Be
    Bewareof Jan 29, 2011

The stock-mall.com site has a jump page that automatically goes now to an Ebay seller. I wonder if the person who has the ebay store even knows the scammers from Stock-mall.com had it previously.

But, Stock-mall.com (aka, Liquidation Depot) people are still scamming with yet a NEW website. You can't even tell where the website is located out of as it's got privacy protection. I believe the site might be in Europe according to Whois on Neworksolutions.com. There is a phone number with a country code in the whois.

The new website url to watch out for is http://bradysdepot.com.

It even has the Visa and Mastercard logos to try to convince you that you can use those secure cards. But, payment FAQ is Moneypak as the way to pay. There doesn't look like there is any way to pay with Visa or Mastercard, so those logos on their home page are just a ruse.

They are doing the same scam all over the country in spam-type overposting in many different cities. When I used crazedlist.com to search the whole Southwest, I counted a bunch of their ads just placed in the past several days.

They put out a 'too good to be true' type e-mail stating a $4, 000 to $5, 000 retail treadmill for $870 or $900 without a website in the craigslist ad. Then, when you respond to their post via e-mail (there are no phone numbers in their posts) then they give you their new url, http://bradysdepot.com.

This Brady's Depot has the same things for sale as the old urls, but they also now have expensive furniture.

• Up
    Upset Consumber Feb 27, 2011

Beware of Yet another site like this. WWW.GENERAL-DEPOT.COM It seemed fishy that the only payment they would accept is a MoneyPak Payment. Me Personally I don't do online business if i can't Use PayPal. Thats the worlds number 1 choice in Making and Receiving Payments. Every Transaction you make your covered as a buyer. Sellers not so much. Which is good for the consumers. Anyways i found this General Depot site looking for outdoor patio furniture on Craigslist.com. Its insane all of the scammers you have to deal with anymore. Everyone loves this modern day technology, but thats what is causing all of the scams to take place.

• Ts
    tskaiser4 Mar 03, 2011

Here is another scam ad listed on Craigslist: http://madison.craigslist.org/tag/2229032558.html
    You cannot find any of these Gorilla playsets ANYWHERE for this pricing- not even direct from Gorilla. Why would www.general-depot.com want to sell brand new playsets for so much lower than the retail price? Here is the message that I got when I inquired about the playset:

Hello, Thank you for contacting www.general-depot.com. The product you requested more information on the Craigslist website it is available for purchase on our online shop. We have lowered the price for a limited time and stock. This price offer it is available between March 1 - March 5 Please visit our website for the inquired product and place the order for your product. All orders above $400 receive a voucher for our Platinum Home Delivery, voucher code: XHW672. Submit payment for your order within 24 hours and we will ship it next business day after the payment it is done. Please read our F.A.Q before placing any orders. You will find all the necessary details regarding shipping & delivery, pick up, returns, etc. Thank you, Shirley GathercoleCustomer Support([protected]

• Ru
    russelh07 Mar 04, 2011

I also was looking for outdoor furniture in the Saint Joseph, MO craigslist, and came across the same thing, from generaldepot.com. I started researching when i saw they didnt accept paypal or credit cards. The website is very convincing though, only the credit card thing that got me. I cant believe these worthless, lazy people these days. GET A JOB!!!

• Ts
    tskaiser4 Mar 04, 2011

Also: Beware of WWW.CRAIGSTOCKS.COM!!! They are another alias of www.general-depot.com.

Hello,
    Thank you for contacting www.craigstocks.com.
    We have lowered the price for a limited time and stock. This price offer it is available between February 24 - March 05.
    All orders above $300 receive a voucher for our Platinum Home Delivery, voucher code: HJT39.
    Baljinder Gill
    Customer Support
    [protected]

• Kr
    kravi Mar 08, 2011

we also faced the same thing..we ordered sofa for $550 at general-depot.com 1week back...we were much worried about our money..
    is there any way to get our money back...

SteveinMO Apr 23, 2011

Add me to the list of those who got scammed. I ordered a generator through General-Depot.com and never received it. I Googgled the words from the ad that hooked me to find that they have now changed their name to Today-Liquidation.com. Its the same site as General-Depot, with only the name changed. I was still even able to log onto my account. I've filed my complaint with the FBI, but I'm sure that I'll just have to chalk this up to an expensive lesson.

Anna DS May 04, 2011

I too was scammed out of $500 on a sectional sofa by Today-Liquidation.com. The website looked legit to me. I didn't even think twice about questioning their way of method since MoneyPak had an EBay logo on it. I assumed it was secure. I went on the GreenDot website and noted that it does not insure your funds on the card. I feel terrible that I feel for such a useless cause. I would have rather given my money to a homeless person then to some ### that have nothing better to do then scam people for their hard earned money. I doubt I'll ever see my money again but I want to take action but don't know how. Please someone email me with details on what I can do. Thanks Anna [email protected]

• Je
    jennigrl89 May 15, 2011

I've seen this same set listed on a lot of sites, inuding craigslist, and another that claims to accept paypal. I know from past awful experience that if a companies scams you paypal will return your money, but I have no clue what green dot is. Thanks for posting this though, I will be extra careful.

• 34
    34567812 Mar 05, 2012

It looks like they are repeating an internet scam using directliquidationmart.com. Buyer beware!!!

Hello,

Thank you for contacting DirectLiquidationMart. Please accept our apologies for the delay in answering your email.

The product you requested more information is available for purchase on our online store. This lowered price is a limited time offer & limited stock, offer available until March 12th.

Visit http://www.directliquidationmart.com/search.php?tag=Elliptical for the inquired product & much more.

All orders above $400 receive a voucher for our White Gloves service, voucher code: LIQUIDATION.

Everything we sell is brand new, under manufacturer's warranty, unless otherwise specified.

If you have any other questions don't hesitate to contact us by e-mail or phone.

Charles Wanager
    Direct Liquidation Mart

captainjacob May 21, 2013

a new scam just popped up again called www.onsaleliquidationmart.com if they want you to pay using a gift card it is a scam and stay away...why cant someone investigate these scams while they are still up and running. you would think that tracking the url would not be that difficult for the fbi. thses people are stealing thousands from innocent people??

• Dr
    DrKPMay May 28, 2013

They are operating again under the name OnSaleLiquidationMart.com
    I just received this email from them today about a Craigslist posting wherein they advertised a shed for sale at less than half of retail:
    Hello,
    Thank you for contacting us and please accept our apologies for the delay in answering your email.
    The Suncast Resin Storage Sheds you are interested in, is still available for purchase in our
    online store.
    Visit http://onsaleliquidationmart.com/category.php?id_category=68 for more details or to purchase it.
    This lowered price is a limited time offer available only a few days.
    All orders above $350 receive a voucher for our In-House Delivery and Set-Up, White Gloves service. If you
    decide to place your order you will have to use voucher code: SURPLUS in order to get free White
    Gloves Service .
    returns, etc.) before placing any orders.
    OnSaleLiquidationMart Team

They have only been using this name & URL for 18 days and have a complaint against them from the BBB for using the BBB logo on their site. I have also contacted the Internet Crime Complaint Center to let them know they are operating again under this new name and URL. I hope this update keeps others from getting scammed by this outfit that appears to have been successfully scamming people since at least 2009.

KIMARM Jun 06, 2013

Also was scammed in Michigan. Out $500. Boy they are slick. How do we make sure this site comes up when ever liquidation sales comes up on a search?