Lion-Lodge-Lucerne, Lucerne, Switzerlandunethical behaviour, unauthorised credit card charge

S

Hello,

The hostel mentioned that after 22:00 there will be no one and late check-in is only possible with prior permission. So I had sent a mail that we will be reaching by the 1:16am train and we will arrive only after 1:30am. For this I got a reply from the hostel saying they will leave the key at the main door and they sent a key number combination to open the safe. When we reached there at 2:00am and after half hour of searching all around the hostel like crazy there was no key or safe. No one to answer the door or telephone. It started raining and there were lights on in one of the room and we called for help and he let us in but still there was no room key so we tried to find some other hotel at 3am nothing was open and even if we reach some hotels it was fully booked. I was ok to let go of the immense inconvenience he caused because of his irresponsibility and we had to wait at train station from 4am to 6 am with a 2 yr child.. But after all this I find out that from my card the booking amount is deducted 113 euros. When I called the hostel to refund the money the hostel person said that he was waiting till 1:30am and we reached after 1:30 so its considered as no show and full amount is deducted. I was never told that some one will be waiting... I was only aware that there will be no one after 22:00 and key can be found by us at the main door. Suddenly if they change the plan and do not inform me how am I suppose to know? I believe all this was a drama or story told and the hostel was fully booked and he gave our room to someone and scammed us.