Linx SatelliteLying, terrible customer service!

Stay away from linx. They are terrible. The sales person lied to my face and now I am stuck with a $100 fee after I was told that I could cancel before instalation no questions asked no fee's, etc. Call to complain and in the FINE print, sure enough explains the fee. Don't listen to the sales person read the entire sheet. When I called they give me the run around and the supervisor is not there, hours later not availiable etc. Lying to my face, then not having the ethics to waive the fee based on poor information given by THEIR sales force, that new there was a cancellation fee. Read befrore you sign, but most of all go to another satellite company! Run!

• Jb
    jbzcar Feb 25, 2011

Considering Starbucks doesn't serve steak of any kind, and Carrabba's is quite far away from Starbucks in the alphabet, I wonder if there was any legitimate problem at all.

• Mr
    Mr sales Feb 25, 2011

Stay Away! This company not only screwed my parents over! But almost got me also! Thank God that there installer never even showed up for my installation appointment! The funny thing is that they never even called me to let me knw they where not going to make it or be late nothing! I took the day off of work lost 200 $ in sales waiting for the dish guy. I spoke to a supervisor about this he told me he would call me back never heard from him again called the sales rep and he was up set about all of this! The rep personaly told me that he got payed per job installed so he was going to see what he could do! By then I was sick of there sh*it! Sorry mr sales rep u didn't make ur commission. I really hate bad business # 1 my [censor]

• Mr
    Mr sales Feb 25, 2011

This company is a joke I was charged $50 for activation fee. When I spoke 2 dish network directly they told me they didn't charge for installation up to 6 rooms. The sale rep did not tell me my year 2 price didn't tell me that it was a 2 year contract he even wanted my bank card ha ha sure buddy! This co does not train there young sales rep's make's the name Linx look very bad! Come on linx can't just throw a group of kid's out to the street and hope they make u money well they screw honest hard working people!

• Li
    Linxrules Mar 19, 2010

I love the fact that there are 20 something post of pissed people, yet LINX contracts out thousands of customers a year. Thats a pretty decent percentage of HAPPY LINX customers over the span of the company being in business.
    The only ones that are complaining and are so mad that they have to get on a "complaints board" and vent to NO ONE! are the customers that either didn't read their contract before signing, or.. didn't read their contract before signing. Come on people, you really thing life is this black and white? Where have you been the last 200 years? Business' have to have contract to save their own backsides from winy-### people who think the world should bend over backwards for them. Your all pathetic if you think that every company out there is going to do everything you want them to, just because you want them to.

So many people have already said it. IF YOU CANT BE A SMART ENOUGH CONSUMER TO KNOW WHAT YOU GETTING YOURSELF INTO? THEN DON'T BE A CONSUMER!!! Contracts are nothing new, theyve been around since the dawn of man, in some form or another. Don't act like your a virgin at this. You immaturity is showing more than ever.

And to close, any person that post on here that you were a "once upon a time employee"? Im glad you think your awesome for know exactly how LINX does EVERYTHING! being a minimal wage employee does not grant you knowledge of how to run a business. Stop acting like you know their all crooks. And you the guy that left the comment right before mine, I'm sure you feel so much better about saying that this Kevin guy and his sidekick are ###. I'm sure that made you day, because your obviously not working there because you suck as a salesman. Or maybe you worked customer service and you couldn't handle the Jack-A's from this forum that called in. Ive done sales before and its not the easiest job in the world, and from my experience, if you arent working at sales anymore, you probably couldn't do it. So just cut your loses and walk away. Don't take stabs at other people for you shortcomings.

Now i'm sure some dick is gonna have a hay-day with my post, calling me a jerk and a crook yada.. yada.. yada.
    Guess what? i don't care. Cause if you comment on my post you've already fallen into my trap. Your just proving my point and that makes me smile. So go ahead, make my day. I dare ya!

• Th
    thetruthaboutlinx Dec 01, 2009

I was a Linx employee and let me just say I hated working for them. Yes its true they treat their customers like crap, but they treat their employees even worse. Kevin is a ###, and his right hand man Jeff is just as big a liar. They pretend to be your friend when hiring you then screw you over when you realize you are working for frauds and quit. DON'T EVER DEAL WITH LINX! I am serious here. Most of their employees are great guys, they really are, but the upper management is just the most dishonest people I have ever met in my life!

• Ps
    psam Sep 28, 2009

To the OP, read your contracts. Stop trying to blame companies for your inability to take time out of your day to read. Too busy or stupid to look over what you are legally binding yourself to? Then you deserve to be screwed.

To Stacy, I feel for you I really do. Your example is a proper complaint about a real issue. They messed up and SHOULD pay your overdraft fees. In fact when I worked there I got people overdraft fees returned when we messed up. What I recommend is that you offer to fax them a copy of your bank statement showing the fees charged by them caused the overdraft. Everytime I was able to provide that to the management I was able to get them refunded for people. The other thing I would try is to go to your bank and explain that the charge was made incorrectly, that the company refunded your money, and they will usually remove them. At least Washington Mutual did when this happened to me.

Kritofer you should stop talking. Of course they care about money, they are a for-profit business in America. You know what happens to companies who don't care about making money? They go out of business. You had a bad experience with Linx, we get it. But this rage you show trying to screw them over is just silly and makes you look really bad. You have a bone to pick with them, alright we get it. But your obvious bias makes you look just as bad as the people who you "claim" work for them coming to their defense. And you need to lay off with the "customer is always right" crap. I doubt you even know what it means. It does not mean that whatever the customer says is law, otherwise every business would not be in business because stupid greedy people wanting everything for free would run them all out. It means that if a customer claims something happened, and there is no evidence to support another theory, the customer should be given the benefit of the doubt. For example, if I take my cell phone back to the store saying it just stopped working and it is obvious I threw it against the wall several times, I should not get a free replacement because I am the customer and am always right. Just because a company enforces agreements signed by consumers it does not make them lacking in morals or integrity.

The point still stands, regardless of what a salesrep says you should ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS read your contracts (this is not directed at Stacy). I have no sympathy for people who sign away their life without reading it, then ### about it later. And if you have any questions about anything, ask. If the rep does not want to answer, or can't, DO NOT SIGN. It may be true that companies make their contracts confusing on purpose, but rather than laying down and taking it stand up and fight it. Read and ask questions. A company that will not make the terms of the contract clear have no integrity, even though sometimes you may have to ask for clarification.

• Kr
    Kritofer12345 Aug 18, 2009

Stacy you rock! I agree with you completly. I wish that there were more companies that had integrity. Linx may be honest in their contract but they have NO integrity. And to answer your question to where Consumersdisapointme works; a shady company that has no morals. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a worker for LINX. HAHA. May I appologize as a FORMER employee of LINX for all of this being dropped on you, who should be, as a customer, always right!!!

1stacy Aug 17, 2009

Where the hell do you work Consumersdisapointme? Where you can get away with calling the customers PEONS?!! Not anywhere I would like to do business! You are obviously a disgruntled business owner by the way you are venting. My sister is a lawyer and she says a lot of companies make their contracts confusing on purpose knowing the consumer isn't going to read it, and if they do, probably won't understand it or do anything about it..makes me SICK! I was disappointed in LINX because when they did discover they erred in my favor, they tried to give me the brush off...REAL PROS. What it boils down to for all reading this is..YES! READ THE CONTRACT! Read the hell out of it, and if necessary get it in writing! and try not to do business with people who consider you peons...Have a nice day..HA

• Co
    Consumersdisapointme Aug 17, 2009

First off, Kritofer1234 The world is made of businesses and companies that have to make money, money, money. Your right that Linx takes care of their customers as long as they pay their bill and dont complain, why the hell should they do any different? Why is it that people feel they can always point blame at a company for all their troubles, when they should have not been the "doop" that signed the contract without reading it? If every company that ever did any business just rolled over any time a peon customer got mad that they made a mistake, companies would be out of business. People need to just be mad at themselves that they were not more responsible and took care enough to READ THE CONTRACT! Stop being a complainer looking for an easy way out of your own mistakes.

• Kr
    kritofer1234 Jul 09, 2009

I totally agree! Linx is not honest. Beleive me I worked for them. Although they do take care of their customers, they only do so if they pay and don't complain. This is because they don't care about anything but money money money! Never go with linx or any other retaler. They charge you activation fees that dish doesn't require! As a matter of fact I can bet that half of the people that responded to chris's complaint are owners of linx posing as real people. Contract or not linx makes sure that the customer is taking ALL the risk and they are saved from any loss!

1stacy Jun 25, 2009

Well, thank you Fact Master, I thought this was a "complaints" board, where would one go to "rag" on a company. I thought a complaints board would be appropriate. I did scan over the contract, and did notice the section on fees, even if I had read EVERY WORD I still would have thought nothing of it as we were told and assured over and over that set up, equipment, and activation was free. I made no "commitment" to Linx. They took money out of my account without doing their homework. And you can bet your ### I'll be reading every word of every contract I come across now and be a good little consumer. End of story.

• Fa
    Fact Master Jun 25, 2009

It is human nature to justify a mistake or why you shouldn't keep a commitment. In addition, it is really easy to get on a site and rag on a company because they held you to a commitment that you made/signed off on.

• So
    sometimesIwonder Jun 23, 2009

Oops. My bad--"I know for sure what I'm getting to do" should be "I know for sure what I'm getting into".

• So
    sometimesIwonder Jun 23, 2009

1stacy, as a satellite company's employee, I agree with tdcorp. Why didn't you read the contract? If I'm going to sign something binding, I don't care what the salesrep is saying to me because verbal commitments haven't been binding for a few decades or so. I read the contract because then I know for sure what I'm getting to do, and I actually have a legal argument if that's not what I get. Did the rep write "free free free" on the contract that you signed? Did he write that all fees were waived?

As for the salesrep being trained, duh. We're all human. Some of us are liars. Some of us make mistakes. Some of us don't know everything. Whatever was behind the rep's words, you're the one that committed your personal information without doing your homework. Don't expect to get an "A" on this assignment.

• Td
    tdcorp Jun 22, 2009

1stacy, I see your point. I was probably over reacting a little. I had been checking out a few companies and all the complaints are similar. Someone didn’t read a contract, someone didn’t realize there was tax, or something that I felt should be the consumer's responsibility to find out. Anyways, that sucks. I hope you get your overdraft fees back. Although, unfortunately I don’t think you will - I had that happen to me years ago with AT&T and they had overcharged something. They actually admitted to the overcharge and refunded me but refused to pay the overdraft fee which they caused. Oh well. Maybe because linx is smaller than AT&T you can get someone at their customer service to help you. With At&t, I felt like I was getting the indefinite transfer.

1stacy Jun 19, 2009

I see your point tdcorp, HOWEVER, When I have a rep at my house assuring me equipment, activation, and installation is FREE FREE FREE, I guess I just assumed he knew what he was talking about and felt comfortable just scanning over the contract. I THOUGHT these people were trained correctly and trained to give the correct information, especially when it involves taking money out of your bank account WITHOUT being informed. I had my activation fee waived by Linx(79.99) but apparently they are NOT responsible for my overdraft fees([email protected]$) per their contract, even though it was THEIR mistake, as it turns out they were not due this fee as they did not set up my service, Direct TV did. But somehow their communication with the folks they are contracted by is not good. I think they ARE responsible for the overdraft fees. In the contract it states IF they are due a fee and they collect it out of your acct. they are not responsible for any fees incurred, BUT, they were NOT due this fee, so therefore I feel they ARE responsible for these fees. I am filing a complaint with the BBB on this issue, and getting some legal advice about their "contract" as well. Just based on my experience with Linx AND DirectTv it's THE WORST communication and customer service I have ever been involved with.

• Td
    tdcorp Jun 19, 2009

Maybe you should read a contract before you sign anything? Just a thought. I signed a contract with my cell-phone company and they wont waive the cancellation fee either. Maybe I should write a complaint? Or maybe I could just be a smart consumer. Anyways, anyone ever heard of how reliable the service is? I'm pretty sure a contract is standard in the industry and I'd rather hear how their service is rather than from stupid people.