Lillian VernonFraud and cheating

M

I purchased several items from Lillian Vernon, at some point during the checkout process I was signed up for their rewards program without being aware that I was authorizing them to charge $14.95 per month to my credit card. I never got a welcome email or any other correspondence that would have tipped me off to my 'membership', the only indication was the charge on my credit card. I was able to get back 3 months worth of charges after calling them through my bank, but I was still stuck with one month's charge.

When dealing with Lillian Vernon, watch the checkout process carefully, and keep a close eye on the credit card bill the 2nd month out (they have the 'Free 30 day trial').

Marleena Green Jun 27, 2011

I was charged $14.95 on my credit card for a membership in the Lillian Vernone rewards program which I didn nto sign up for . I did not authorizate this payment . As of October 8, 2008 through June 2011.

• Pr
    priscilla stevens Jan 08, 2011

charged $14.95 membership fee for the rewards program, which I never signed up for - feel am owed a refund!

• Di
    Dipaul Oct 01, 2010

They pulled the same scam on me. I made one small purchase almost a year ago and then started getting these monthly $14.95 charges. I mistakinly thought it was something else and didn't question it for a while. I finally called and questioned it and they offered to cancel the membership and refund one month but not the other nine. I said hell no! So this asian named Jacob passed me on to another asian in consumer affairs named Daniel who offered me a six month refund to which I again said hell no! I demanded to speak to the president of the company and he agreed to a full refund of $149.50. This is nothing but a scam. Don't let these people jerk you around. Better yet, avoid them like the plague. Diane

• He
    Heidi Yribar Sep 09, 2010

I am also the victim of Lillian Vernon Internet Fraud. I will never purchase anything from this website again.

• Mi
    Mike Howse Jan 12, 2010

Dear Mark and Melanie,
    Yes the same scam happened to my husband and I but only on a larger scale. They have been sneaking in a $9 charge every month for 4 years!! My poor husband said he had seen the charge but thought I was getting a monthly manicure at some place called "Reservations". Little did he think that a company like Lillian Vernon would be scamming us out of our hard earned cash to the tune of $486!!
    We are just sick about this and are ready to fight to get it back and make sure other do not undergo this scam. They should have to make restitution to all those that they have stole from!
    Liz & Mike Howse
    Rochester, NY
    [email protected]

• El
    Elizabeth Howse Jan 11, 2010

Hey Stupidpeopleannoyme,
    Are you kidding me? Lillian Vernon has their ### up on charges in every State in this nation! They have been fraudulantly scamming people out of thier hard earned cash for years!!
    Kudos to you for loving and shopping their site, but the truth is they signed whoever the hell they wanted up for this program and never let anyone in on the secret!!!
    They have been running that scam for years and if you aren't on to it you are the stupid one!!
    I can't believe that airbrushed old hagg on the cover hasn't been sued enough to shut the doors of that illegal, inmoral company!
    Signed,
    Stupidpeoplelikeyouannoyeveryone!

• Me
    Melanie Hendrix Oct 16, 2009

After reviewing a monthly credit card statement my husband determined that Lillian Vernon was charging us a monthly charge of $14.95 to Lillian Vernon Rewards for more than 4 months, that is as far back as he went for now. I made a charge before Christmas to order personalized items for the Grandchildren from Lillian Vernon. That is the only time that we have used them. Therefore, they had our credit card number. Effective, 10/15/09 the charge as been stopped. We are out more than $100. 00, that we know of, still checking. How many people have they done this too?
    Mark and Melanie Hendrix
    11005 N. W. 27 St.
    Sunrise, FL 33322
    [email protected]

• St
    Stupidpeopleannoyme Apr 22, 2009

It is NOT lillian Vernon's fault that you did not read the terms and conditions. You would have had to re-type in your email and zip code and click on the accept box to become enrolled. I am a member because I shopped from their site and now love the program, I knew what I was getting into because I READ the terms and conditions spelled out plain as day on the left side of the page.