Liberty Fun PassUnauthorized charges!

This is another company that was sold to me over the phone. I don't know for sure if it was a sales rep from the company or a contracted telemarketing firm. They had enough information that it was a warm call. I never gave them my card number, but somehow, my "risk-free trial" became a paid charge on my bank card. I am in the process of demanding my money back from Liberty Fun Pass.

This is twice for me. I am finding that these sales companies are getting card numbers from some source. I strongly suggest contacting your state Attorney General's Consumer Protection Division and have them investigate how card numbers are being compromised.

Sarah Feb 22, 2008

Promised a gift card, never received.

• Me
    Melissa Feb 26, 2008

Regarding Liberty Fun Pass. They somehow got my credit card number from a card that has not been touched in over 3 months. They will not give me a refund for somthing that I did not order.

• Me
    Melissa Feb 26, 2008

I just found another one. US Patriot Card is doing the same thing as Liberty Fun Pass. Even charging the same amounts from my credit card. Like I said before this card has not been used in almost 2 or 3 months.

• Ni
    Nick Feb 29, 2008

I too have seen charges from this Liberty Fun Pass and the Patriot Card. The only things that I use my card for online are utility payments. I did purchase a business program from Google months ago and have receive numerous calls from telemarketers stemming from the Google purchase. The Liberty website has no phone number posted. Does anyone know how to get in contact with these companies?

Marcie Valdez Feb 29, 2008

After I called to cancel this free membership, they charged another 19.95 to my Card! I did not authorize this and I was told over the phone that it was cancelled!

andre Mar 05, 2008

Does anyone Know how to contact either patriot or Liberty. I keep seeing charges on my account even though i cancelled like 3 months ago.

• Su
    SUE HEMBY Mar 19, 2008

I too received unauthorized debits from my bank account from Liberty Fun Pass and also US Patriot Card. I never heard of either of them! My bank is investigating the charges for me and in the meantime I plan on going to the Attorney General to file a complaint against both of them.

• La
    laura jensen Mar 24, 2008

I have the same problem, I signed up for Google and now have all these charges on my account, from US Patriot card, Liberty Fun Trial, Leisure Choice, Savers Choice, Sure Services. I think it all started with WI Passive Profits.

• Te
    Ted Murray Mar 30, 2008

My credit card has been debited by Liberty Fun Pass and US Patriot(whoever the hell they are). I never authorized this. Ted Murray.

Liberty Fun Pass Mar 31, 2008

Here's how you can contact Liberty Fun Pass directly for resolution. Typically customers get a toll-free number to call to reach us with questions, but you can also get your questions answered online here.

• Je
    Jessica Apr 09, 2008

I want to warn everyone here that I too got called last week sometime, was told about the $1.95 and then I would have a 10 day trial period.I just got my card(s) in the mail a day or two ago, didnt even have a chance to take a look yet and was charged $49.99. The number that showed up on my statement I am unable to reach any one, it gives me a message saying touch any key and a text message will come to my cell phone. Watch our for this, for I have been in Telecommunications for about 5 years now - it is a text that will charge your phone bill not just a regular charge but one for $9.99 you must reply "STOP" immediately (if it will go through), it will tell you to send "Y" in the response however it wont go any where. Here is what showed up in my account PRM*Health Options and here is the number 800-645-2523. I have emailed both Liberty Fun Pass and the US Patriot Card to cancel my services IMMEDIATELY and I expect a full refund. Anyone else have this experience?

• Je
    Jessica Apr 09, 2008

Sorry everyone I left a comment above and would like to add to it, here is the contact information I have - not sure if it is even valid at this point but I figure its worth a shot.

www.LibertyFunPass.com/contact
    www.USPatriotCard.com/contact

Monday-Friday 9am-5pm (EST)
    877-822-6682

• Sh
    shay dennis Apr 16, 2008

The same thing happened to me. This is like several other programs trying to hide behind righteous causes like "support our troops" but are fraudulantly charging your credit card account. I am so frustrated at this point that I am interested in doing some form of class action against this company and US Patriot card. This should not be allowed to happen. I am going to try to get this company's information on the web as well for fraud. Everyone should try to use available resources to bring all parties involved. Its dispicable and I want justice. This suit should compensate me for pain and sufferring because now I don;t trust anyone with my information, including honest organizations whom have a history of being sincere. The only way to stop this is by penalizing all individuals involved. Lets catch these guys.

Shay Dennis
    804-714-4997

John Apr 18, 2008

I called their number 877-822-6682 and they were very friendly. They agreed to reverse the charges. It should be on my account within 2-3 business days. That's the first time any of these companies were that compliant. Now I don't feel so bad.

James L. Craw Jr Apr 23, 2008

Here is the number that showed up with their "processing fee" on my checking account 1-877-537-3867.
    Hope that helps some of us.

• Su
    Susan Apr 24, 2008

I too am a victim of Liberty Fun Pass and US Patriotic Card. I emailed them and requested a refund. They have sent one refund form to me so far and it says it will take at least 3 weeks to get the refund. I had to close my business checking account because of them.
    If I do not receive the refund in the time frame they have set, I will contact the authorities. I did mention this to my bank, but they weren't too concerned.
    This is fraud and they need to be dealt with!

• Us
    US Patriot Card Apr 30, 2008

Susan,

Please see John's comments above. As he also says, we really do try to go the extra mile to address our customer needs. Explain your situation and you should get much quicker resolution like John received.

To anyone else with conerns.
    - Web addresses were listed above in this thread for e-mail response withing one business day.
    - The toll-free numbers are answered immediately during business hours, eastern time.

We make all efforts--online and offline--to resolve any outstanding matters promptly, including publishing a toll-free customer service phone number in product materials we mail via First Class mail as well. At the very least, the phone number is supplied to customers during the initial phone call.

We are disappointed that you were unhappy with your matter, but our assurance to customers is the extra care we take to address matters by phone and the Internet, and hope in the end your questions are ultimately resolved to your satisfaction.

U.S. Patriot Card

• Ca
    Cathy Beach May 05, 2008

I am fuming mad and ready to start a suit against this company. I found a 19.95 charge on my pay-pal account that I never authorized a few days ago and now today another 19.97 charge from liberty fun pass. I have not spoken to anyone about fun pass and certainly have not given my authorization for this charge. I would like to know how this company is getting my supposedly private pay-pal debit card number without my giving it to them and how can they charge me without my ok? I am ready to put a class action suit against them and will if these charges are not removed and my money is not refunded by them. I was told to contact Omaha customer support for my complaint. I am going to speak to my state attorney general consumer protection division to get to the bottom of this matter and to find out why this company is illegally charging my pay-pal account for something I have not authorized. This is out and out fraud in the first degree. Shame, shame, shame on U.S.PATRIOT CARD and LIBERTY FUN PASS for this kind of horrible treatment. Cathy

• Br
    Brenda May 07, 2008

I also had two charges show up from these people. I called and asked for a refund and got told I had to wait for the form in the mail. They are scams, no doubt about it. When I asked for clairfication as to when I supposedly authorized these charges, I was told that they don't have access to that information. When I asked which "maufacturing partner" they got my debit account information from, I was told that they have "hundreds of partners and cannot verify which provided the information". This is fraud. I want to know what companies are giving out our information and what makes them think they can get away with this. If anyone finds out what company passed out the credit info, please post it. I would like to know what companies to avoid purchasing anyting from.

Liberty Fun Pass May 07, 2008

Cathy, Brenda,

As a couple of postings say above, we indeed address questions and concerns you are listing, and have staff who personally handle this matter in a timely and careful fashion. If there is more urgency for you to get a refund, explain your situation and our response here and you should get much quicker resolution like John received (see higher up in this thread).

- We have a Web address (http://www.LibertyFunPass.com/contact) for e-mail response within one business day.

Again, we are posting this response to let you know there is a way to handle questions DIRECTLY and in a timely manner. We hope you notice that we have already responded several times on this thread, continue to repeat a variety of ways we can be reached, and ultimately hope all will understand the extra care we are trying to offer compared to what is being alleged here.

• Sh
    shay dennis May 15, 2008

My name is shay Dennis. I talked with the Director of the program, Scott Higgins and he explained the objectives of the program which are geared towards our troops and the misunderstanding that took place. Mr. Higgins is willing to talk with any subscriber who misunderstood the process. I was one f them. This company is an upstanding company and Mr. Higgins is a man of great integrity with a desire to help people. PLease feel to contact him about the program and charges to your account that you were not aware of at 877-822-6682.

• Ca
    Cathy Beach May 15, 2008

You say on your complaint page that you address complaints and e-mails within one business day. I wrote to you 3 days ago and have not received an e-mail from you yet. I wrote to U.S.Patriot Cards and received an imbursement very quickly for the 19.95 and the 1.95 trial period charge that I had not authorized. These people called me by phone but I did not agree to the charges. Your company never even contacted me. You only charged me 19.97 without my consent or agreement. You charged my debit card at pay-pal, which I had never given you. I have not heard from you at all in the past, only when you charged me without my permission. I am asking you for the third and last time before I undertake a class action suit against you to get in touch with me by e-mail and refund my 19.97 that you illegally charged me for. I hope you will respond this time. Cathy [email protected] ps-I have already e-mailed to the address you gave above to no avail. I think I know who is giving out the information on everyone's credit and debit cards without their permission.

• Di
    Diane May 21, 2008

This is the absolute worst company I have EVER had the misfortune to deal with. When I called my bank the measure we decided to take was to cancel the card they are charging. Then if the cancelation papers are not to me with in 1 week we will consider that default on their part and take more drastic measures. Every day I do not have my money back I will be posting and calling them. I will be writing down the convo and posting how rude and horrible they are. I spoke with "Robert" the "floor Supervisor" His direct extension is 266.I am a single mother of 6 small children I cannot afford waiting for that long for groceries but apprently that is not their concern! So they are going to hear from me everyday until this matter is resolved.

• Mi
    Michelle May 22, 2008

The same thing happen to me, except their has been charges from Liberty Fun Pass, US Patriot Card, and VIP Health Card. I never heard of any one of them before. I called the US patriot card place, because I got something in the mail and it had their # on it, and they said my card was charged for shipping and handling on something I didn't want, they wouldn't give me my money back, and they shouldn't have my credit card #!!! I also never got a gift card like they said they sent, after i paid more than $60 for charges from these companies or whatever they are.

Dee May 28, 2008

I was promised a gift card, and some other promotional booklets for the program, if I signed up for the 14 day free trial(which actually cost me $1.97). It took 2 weeks for me to get the Fun Pass and I never received the gift card.

• Am
    amber faulknier May 28, 2008

they did the exact same thing to me!!! i have know clue how to contact them. there is no direct phone number.

Liberty Fun Pass Jun 05, 2008

We are sorry you are disappointed with our service. The materials you received should have contact information on how to get any questions resolved promptly, including the ones you listed. Your gift card materials should have been sent to you in a separate mailing. We'll repeat this information below:

To anyone else with conerns--Please observe this process so you can get DIRECT resolution of your personal matter in a timely fashion, rather than posting on this site which seems to post your personal information on google. So please contact us directly! Here are the details:

- Toll-free: Reach us at 1-877-537-3867 immediately during business hours, eastern time. We answer all calls promptly during this time.

Finally, customers who registered with a valid e-mail address also receive all of this information by e-mail as well.

Again, we are posting this response to let you know there is a way to handle questions DIRECTLY and in a timely manner. We take all matters like this seriously, and hope ultimately we hope all will understand the extra care we are offering to meet your satisfaction.

Liberty Fun Pass Jun 16, 2008

There are ways go get immediate resolution and we try our best to tell all consumers in as many ways possible how they can do it. Here are tips for anyone else with questions or concerns for DIRECT resolution, so you dont have to post your personal issues on this blog and risk getting published on google by the administrators of this web site (not affiliated with us):

1. If there is more urgency for you to get a refund, just explain your situation and our response here and you should get quick resolution. Just say you saw the directions on priorty refund here.

2. To anyone else with conerns. Please observe this process so you can get DIRECT resolution of your personal matter in a timely fashion, rather than posting here:

- Toll-free: Reach the Liberty Fun Pass at 1-877-537-3867 immediately during business hours, eastern time. You can also reach the U.S. Patriot Card at 1-877-822-6682.

3. We make all efforts--online and offline--to resolve any outstanding matters promptly, including publishing this contact information in product materials we mail via First Class mail as well. And the toll-free phone number for reaching us directly is supplied to customers during your initial phone call.

4. Finally, customers who registered with a valid e-mail address receive all of this information by e-mail as well.

We are disappointed that you were unhappy with the Liberty Fun Pass and/or U.S. Patriot Card (we are not affiliated with the other company you mentioned above), but our assurance to customers is the extra care we take to address matters by phone and the Internet, and hope in the end your questions are ultimately resolved to your satisfaction.

Again, we are posting this response to let you know there is a way to handle questions DIRECTLY and in a timely manner. We hope you notice the extra care we are trying to offer compared to what is being alleged here. Just tell our customer service team that you are responding because of the directions we listed here, and you should get resolution to your satisfaction.

U.S. Patriot Card

Debbie Jul 09, 2008

I strongly agree with everyone that has a complaint on these companies!
    I went through the same thing!
    But I got the Better Business in on mine! I did get most of my money back, but the money from US patroit Card, but I will fight until I get this back! They will be the next ones going to the BBB!
    Enough of us do this, we will stop this stuff!
    I am not sure how they got my card number either!
    But I think I will notify my Attorny General too on them!

• Be
    Betty Medley Jul 15, 2008

I got scammed by U.S. patriot card and Liberty fun pass. I have no clue what either of these companies do. They say my authorization for my bank account was given and they recorded it, but they can`t play the recording for me. I say they stole my money out of my account by using illegal tactics. If a class action suit is filed, I would surely be a part of it. I got the same story of sending me a form in the mail. Have`nt seen it as of yet, but that`s no surprise. I am writing to the Attorney General and my congressman and better business bureau and I won`t stop until they stop robbing innocent people.

• Be
    Betty Medley Jul 18, 2008

I got all the same reactions to my inquiries as you guys. I have never heard back from the either. I did put in a complaint with the better business bureau and with consumer protection. I will let you know if it goes anywhere.-----------Betty Medley

Debbie Jul 19, 2008

I am so discussed with liberty fun pass. I have canceled all my benifits from them and I am being still charged a $49.99 out of my account for the health card, which I called and they canceled supposely! Now I get another charge from this health care thing for the month of July/ August!
    Not only that I had to threaten and turn liberty fun pass into the BBB to get my money back. I didnt get the $49.99 charge back from another thing they offered or the $62.00s they should given me, because of balance 2 of my checks, due to their unnotified charges they took out of my account, which I did not give them, they told me I bought something from them?? hmm fishy huh
    I am going to the Attorney General in my state over this! I am tired of them doing what they been doing to me!
    I have tried to get a hold of this Steve, by letter and phone! I even emailed the company! NO ANSWERS! Just a refund notice that they never complied with

I also so thing your responds to others on here is not true either. Been down that road!

Deborah
    [email protected], just incase some one at liberty fun pass wants to talk about giving me "all" my money back, not just $140 of it!

• Ro
    roxanne diplock Aug 03, 2008

I also received a membership that I did not ask for. My credit card was charged at least two months without my authorization. About
    a week and a half ago I contacted the US Patriot people and had no problem getting in contact with them. The operator that I spoke with was extremely helpful but asked that I call back in a weeks time to cancel my membership so that they might be able to make my contribution to the troops. I agreed but my schedule has not allowed me the time to call them again to cancel my membership. I just hope that I will not see another charge on my card for the month of August before my schedule allows me to contact them again.

As far as Liberty Fun pass is concerned they also enrolled me into membership without my consent and charged my card without my authorization. I contacted them and cancelled my membership after being charged two months. That was a few months ago. I just received in the mail a new card stating that I applied for membership again which I did not do. If in fact I see charges on my next credit card statement I would like to join with any other parties that are getting ready to file a lawsuit against this particular company.

• Po
    poisson54 May 04, 2009

My elderly (and very deaf) mother got hit with charges for both the Liberty Fun Pass and the U.S. Patriot card within a day or two of getting hit with another scam - this was the "Consumer Clearinghouse Free Jewelry" scam, where a piece of dollar-store jewelry is offered FREE ("all you have to do is pay $6.95 for shipping, and wouldn't you like to enroll automatically in preferred customer program to receive a new piece of jewelry every month...and what is your credit card number please"). This was a new credit card, and the first charges on it, so I believe these companies are in cahoots (they admitted they have some "marketing partners"), sharing lists of susceptible customers. Both are willing to remove the charges if you call. But I suspect the majority of their "customers" never call. I guess that's the normal way to make a living under the rock where these slimy creatures dwell.

• Dp
    d pettit Oct 17, 2009

did not agree to the charges that were put on my credit card 19.95 & 19.97 hope to have this resolved before another charge is put on my account

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices