Liberty Bank Of JonesboroOvercharged

M

My sister has an account with Liberty Bank, along with a debit card. Recently, she found a charge on her statement that she did not authorize. She went to Liberty Bank to get the charge taken off her account. The person she spoke with said that SHE was responsible for the first $50 in FRAUDULENT CHARGES!

She is on a very fixed income, and has no money to spare. I have never heard of a bank that would not refund the money to your account if you dispute the charge! Don't bank with Liberty Bank in Jonesboro, Arkansas. If your identity gets stolen and the thief racks up fraudulent charges on your account, Liberty Bank is NOT on your side!

• To
    toooooo much Aug 26, 2009

I had more than one charge on my account, I had charges that came through with alaska, arizona and alabama. Clearly I am from Arkansas. I have disputed with this bank and they did not want to refund money either. However I encourage your sister to research proper appearance of check processing. it might help her.