LG Electronics (M) Sdn Bhdmisconduct and cheating by lg technician

I am a customer and user of LG products. I believe in the high quality of LG products. On 30th September 2019 I called LG Malaysia Customer Service operated by the above named company. I had an issue with my LG front-load washing Model F2514DTGE Serial No: 604KWXD20922 that I purchased on 15 October 2016. The machine would not operate even the power is on. Earlier, I checked with the LG phone app SmartThinQ and the machine was diagnosed to be working fine. But somehow the machine would not operate. Two LG technicians came to my house on 2 November 2019. After a couple of minutes looking at the machine, an LG technician who is called Roy told me that the water-pump part need to be replaced. I asked him how could he knew that the part need to be replaced by just looking at the machine. He answered that he had been doing the job for years. Surprisingly he already brought a new water-pump part with him. When I asked him how much will it costs me, he told me that the new part costs RM280 and on top of that I have to pay RM100 for labour charge. I told him not to replace the water pump part yet as I wanted to confirm the warranty and whole cost with LG Customer Service first. Roy told me even if I would not have the part replaced, I have to pay RM100 labour charge to him. He told me that RM100 is the minimum labour charge. Of course, I refused to pay without re-confirmation from the LG Customer Service. We argued and eventually they left. I then contacted LG Customer Service through another channel by its listed whatsapp number. It took them a few days to finally told me that I have to pay only RM280 inclusive of labour charge to replace the water-pump part. The same Roy the technician came again alone on 8 October 2019 and replaced the water-pump part. But even after he replaced the part with a new one, the machine still would not operate properly. He then made a thorough checking on the out-going water hose and found out that it was stuffed and clogged with socks. I am writing this complaint to you since I could have been over-charged by the LG technicians and extortion of labour charge. I also think that the water pump part might not need to be replaced in the first place if the real issue of clogged hose had been properly identified. I suspect that many customers had faced or could have faced similar issue. I also would like you to investigate if LG Electronics (M) Sdn Bhd conspires with its technicians to falsely sell more parts and impose over-charging on labour charge to LG's customers.

Hi