Lexar US32 gigabyte memory sticks

January 17 ·

I bought two of these memory sticks on sale. They worked very well. I went and bought a third one at the regular price. One of the originals went bad. Luckily it was within Bestbuys 30 day exchange period. They replaced it. A couple of months after my purchases another one went bad. I contacted Lexar US and they referred me to a Canadian address and gave me an RMA number. I mailed the defective stick to their address in October. I waited and I waited. Finally contacted Us Lexar again and the said they didn't have the stick. I had sent it First Class mail in a DVD mailer. Clearly printed and posted as they requested. Now they will not replace the stick I mailed because I can't prove I sent it out. Beware of this product and the Lexar non replacement fact. 50% failure rate on this product.
No photo description available.
more comments

Richard A Coomber
Richard A Coomber Just checked my email and am told my refund is being processed. Pressure works.

· Reply · 10w

Sharon Ellis
Sharon Ellis yup pressure does work... know that one by trile and error..

· Reply · 10w

Richard A Coomber
Richard A Coomber Still waiting for payment.

· Reply · 8w

Richard A Coomber
Richard A Coomber Still waiting for payment.

Today's date is April 3, 2019.

Automatic reply: [Lexar] Re: Contact Us From lexar.com - Technical/ Warranty - North America
[email protected] [email protected] via s1. longsys.com

Fri, Jan 11, 8:30 AM

to me
[email protected] was retired, please contact [email protected] zendesk.com for
assistance

[Request received] Contact Us From lexar.com - Technical/ Warranty - North America
Support

Mon, Oct 22, 2018, 1:41 PM

Hi Rickcoomber,

We've received your request and assigned it ticket number (49475). Our customer service team is currently reviewing it and will respond soon.

If you have additional comments or questions, you can simply reply to this email.

Rickcoomber

Oct 22, 10:41 AM PDT

A form has been submitted on October 23, 2018, via: http://www.lexar.com/about-us/contact-us/ [IP 172.97.134.234]
Contact NA
Name Richard Coomber
Email address [protected]@gmail.com
Phone number [protected]
Country Canada
Questions/Comments I recently purchased 3 Lexar 32 GB memory sticks from Best Buy. The first one failed within their 30 exchange period and was replaced. The second one just now failed, but outside the exchange period. I use the sticks to watch movies. The failures are that I cannot delete the movies or format the stick. I have been building, maintaining and repairing computers for 18 years and have never had this problem. I know all the tricks and none work. I use Windows 7 and XP and neither can treat the stick.

[R5R8Z0-3GPW]

Fri, Jan 11, 3:03 PM

to Lexar
Hi Shannon. I sent the memory stick by first class mail to your Canadian address. It was October 24, 2018. It is rare for First Class to get lost. The package was secured and clearly marked. If I have to quibble over a little thing like this, I will not buy any Lexar products in the future. I have just set up a Paypal account with my credit card info. I don't know how you can deposit to it, but I used my email address to set it up. I am 77 years old and life is now too complicated for me. What else can I do?

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 12:44 PM Shanon G. (Lexar) wrote:

Hi Richard,

Your request (58442) has been updated. You can add additional comments simply by replying to this email.

Thank you for contacting Lexar.

I have gone ahead and checked into your RMA, and it looks like we have not yet received your returned product.

Sometimes is can take a few business days for returns to be scanned into our system, so you may want to check back in a couple of days. If you have a tracking number for your return shipment available, then we should be able to use that tracking information to update your RMA manually.

Otherwise, you may need to check in with the shipping company you used in order to confirm the whereabouts of your shipment.

Due to CFIUS restrictions put in place by the U. S Government, we are only offering refunds.
It is our highest priority to honor each of your requests; however, due to the sensitive nature of the CFIUS requirements, we must have official review and approval from the U. S Government before we can move forward.

Once this review is complete, we will begin issuing refunds to customers right away.

We understand any frustrations this may cause and are working on your behalf for a resolution as soon as possible. We look forward to issuing your refund with approval from the U. S Government. Please know, your patience at this time is very much appreciated.

During this official review process, we are happy to prepare your refund in advance. Although the exact refund method has yet to be determined, we would like to request your help in providing a PayPal email address to help expedite your refund once a process is confirmed.

- PayPal Email address:

Our standard returns are handled on a wait to receive basis. For more information on the terms and conditions for warranty replacements please refer to the link provided here:

If you have further questions or concerns, please contact our technical support department. You can find more information on how to contact us at http://www.lexar.com/support

Jan 11, 5:30 AM PST

This is a follow-up to your previous request #49475 "Contact Us From lexar.com -..."

Hi.

I sent my defective memory stick to the address as you instructed the day after I received you instructions and am still waiting for a replacement or a reason for not replacing. Would you please look into this. Thank you.

Thu, Jan 17, 1:42 PM

to Lexar
I am disturbed by your attitude. I have posted my thoughts about your product on my Facebook page. Find me as Richard A. Coomber.

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 3:03 PM Richard Coomber wrote:

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 12:44 PM Shanon G. (Lexar) wrote:

[09X6EX-29DW]

[Lexar] Re: Re: [Lexar] Re: Contact Us From lexar.com - Technical/ Warranty - North America - QB#15324

Jan 11, 2019, 5:07 PM

Jan 11, 2:07 PM PST

Thank you for contacting Lexar.

We are unable to verify receipt of your package due to no tracking information. You can contact the Canadian Post to find the whereabouts of your package. Because we are unable to verify the receipt of your package, we are unable to move forward with your RMA. If you have a tracking number for your return shipment available, then we should be able to use that tracking information to update your RMA manually.

Thank you for setting up a PayPal account. If you could just clarify which email you used to setup that account, I can add it to your RMA.

Jan 11, 12:04 PM PST

Mar 8, 2019, 8:42 AM

to Lexar
The waiting time is ridiculous. If refund is not forthcoming in a short period of time, I will spread my message to the public on the internet along with this email. There is something wrong in your system and it needs fixing.

On Thu, Jan 17, 2019 at 5:03 PM Shanon G. (Lexar) wrote:

Jan 17, 2:03 PM PST

Thank you for contacting Lexar.

I was able to connect with my leads to see if I could adjust your RMA manually without tracking information. I have gone ahead and updated your RMA status along with the email you provided. We will begin processing your refund of $8.99 USD as soon as we possibly can. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Please feel free to reach out for any further updates going forward.

Phone and Email Support

Jan 17, 10:42 AM PST

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 3:03 PM Richard Coomber wrote:

Jan 14, 8:19 AM PST

Thank you for contacting Lexar.

Thank you for providing your PayPal information I have updated your RMA with the email you have provided. Sorry you are having trouble locating your package. Unfortunately, without tracking information we are unable to verify receipt of your package. Therefore we are unable to move forward in accordance to your refund.

Jan 12, 5:35 AM PST
Canada Post does not track First Class Mail. My paypal account is [protected]@gmail.com. If no good news is coming forth from you I will not buy or recommend Lexar products.

Jan 11, 2:07 PM PST

Jan 11, 12:04 PM PST

Lexar

Mar 8, 2019, 8:43 AM

Hi Richard,

We've received your request and assigned it ticket number (63891). Our customer service team is currently reviewing it and will respond soon.

Mar 8, 5:43 AM PST

This is a follow-up to your previous request #58442 "Re: [Lexar] Re: Contact Us..."

[L7XE36-Q3DX]

Lexar US

• Updated by omrick, Apr 03, 2019

This big problem is over a refund of approximately $10. This company needs fixing.

Om