Lester MantellDelivery vehicle

L

06/17/2016
11:25 AM
Post Office delivery vehicle 1550969
I was riding my bicycle north on Madison Av. Just before the corner of 33rd street there was a Post Office delivery vehicle parked about 18" from the east curb. I rode between the Post Office delivery vehicle and a parked bus. As I was half way past the Post Office delivery vehicle, the Post Office driver pulled out somewhat moving to left (west) - which narrowed space between Post Office delivery vehicle and parked bus. I banged on frame of Post Office delivery vehicle. The driver stopped. I said to him "Please be more careful.” He waved me away. I asked him for his license which he refused to provide. As he was about to pull out I parked my bike in front of the Post Office delivery vehicle went to the back and noted the number 1550969. Driving dangerously is bad enough, but his dismissiveness, refusal to give his driver's license showed to me he needs help to prevent killing someone.