Lenox Lending GroupLoan Scam

I applied for a loan over the internet and was contact by a representative, Emma Green, from Lenox Lending Group supposedly in Providence, Rhode Island. I was told that I was approved for a $5, 000 loan, but had to pay an $800 Collateral payment due to my credit history. I did research on the company and didn't find anything negative. I even had a friend from Wells Fargo review the Loan Agreement which appeared to be legitimate. I became suspicious of the company when Emma Green contacted me from a cell phone number which is registered (reverse phone number look up) in Ontario, Canada. Not to mention the fact that she had a Canadian Accent. I phone the [protected] number and pressed zero to see if I could talk with anyone else in the company to verify legitimacy. A nervous man answered also with a Canadian accent and hung up on my after I started asking more direct questions. When I try to call the number back, they pick up the line and hang up or I receive a busy signal. Unfortunately, I provided a copy of my Social Security card, Drivers Licence, and Paystubs along with my bank information. I had to close my bank accounts to prevent them from removing the $800 and report this information to the Attorney General, Credit Bureas, and the Better Business Bureau. I thought that I was being careful, but I was fooled along with many others it seems.

• Li
    lis.leinin Aug 18, 2009

I almost fell victom to the same thing...only before I agreed to pay any money I did some research and come across your blog. I called a couple of businesses with in that same building and was told by the last person I spoke with that this building was 16 stories high, so I thought "why not call the rental department" When I got a hold of them they never heard of the company and said that a differant company occupied that suite!

• Tj
    Tjmoney Aug 19, 2009

Wow. I was contacted by Emma Green on yesterday. And she informed me that I was approved for a $10, 000 loan and that i needed to send up front payment of 15% which is $1, 500 by western union. But Thanks to this site, I did some research into the matter. This is the third Loan Scram that I have received, while trying to get a personal loan. Leaside Lending Group and Decor Financial Group are also a scams. Also a Mr. Thomas Greg is scam also, he ask for a transfer payment, banister payment, then currency exchange payment for a loan. Its amazing how people take advantage of the less than perfect credit, people!

• Rf
    Rfrangie Sep 03, 2009

LENOX LENDING GROUP IS A SCAM. I reported them to RI Banking and Finance, to the RI attorney general as well as the GA attorney gral. ( since I live in GA) also to the FTC and lastly to the Internet Crime Center. I started all my complaint back in August 3rd unfortunately, non of the authorities have done anything.

• Li
    linny favinger Sep 09, 2009

I WAS CONTACTED BY ANN FOR $15.000 THEY WANTED ME TO SENT MY DRIVERS LICENSES AND SS COPY OF PAYSTUB AND E MAIL IT TO THEM DID IT NEVER HEARD AGAIN THEN I HAD TWO OTHER EMAILS FROM THE SAME GROUP SAYING I WAS APPROVED FOR $10.000 BUT THEY WANTED ME TO FAX THEM THE INFORMATIONS BUT SINCE I WASNOT SURE IF ANN GOT MY EMAIL I WASNOT GOING TO FAX ANYTHING BUT I STILL HAVE NOT HEARD ANY MORE FROM ANN L. THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION

• Ca
    carric01 Sep 10, 2009

I'm glad I read these comments. I was just about to fill out an application on line for Lenox Lending. I guess there aren't any legitimate places for someone with bad credit to get a loan.

• Ni
    nicole78 Sep 14, 2009

So before reading these comments I contacted Lennox for a loan and applied on line. Didn't hear from them until today but was already aware of what was going on thanks to this blog. I spoke with Marshall Sax from NY based number in which it had no traceable info but he immediately provided a toll free number for me to call once I submit my verification info.

Of course I was approved for $5000 and they needed by ss card, recent paystub and id. No mention of this collateral. So I posed the question and what do you know it is 15% of the loan. Clearly I should not have to send funds to get funds, hence the need for the loan. Any way I told him I was no longer interested in the loan. I probably would have considered it as I am in a vulnerable state but glad that I didn't and just went the route of getting a load modification instead to free up some resources if I can. Thanks for the blog. Milwaukee WI.

• Co
    coletucker Sep 30, 2009

WOW, another victim of a SCAM, beware of TUCKERS FINANCIAL LOAN INC. tooo, they assuured me that it is not a scam, but wanted me to send them 200.00 western union to have a representatie deliver me cash who in ther right mind would do that...I almos did it.