Leisure Time Savings Club / Direct DiscountUnauthorized debit!

C

I received a phone call telling me I would be given a host of coupons, vouchers, etc. and wanted permission to mail them-told then I would look at mailing but would not agree to any charges or anything else until I had seen it. Assured me no obligation. Two separate mailings from these two different but obviously connected places came-both stated that I had already been charge $1.00(each) for the mailing and would be debited $29.95 unless I canceled. I called immediately-not only canceled but asked how in H_they got my debit number? I never gave to them or anyone else-never used it online. They both said that they got it from an independent marketer who stated I was a very good customer and that I had given my consent sell the number-NOT! I did no such thing and told them this and that they were using a stolen number. They agreed to cancel everything and refund the dollar but I am still reeling from the fact that they got it in the first place. Since then I have seen a number of charges from different places that all seem to be under the same umbrella-Galaxy Member benefits keeps popping up. I have canceled the card and alerted the bank but I doubt if I will ever see the money that has been taken out. They must be aware that they are dealing with stolen numbers-I'm sure I'm not the only one. I just received two mailings with identical envelopes-both thanking me for choosing their service one was Unlimited Blue Rate Long Distance Service and the other was Save Your Identity Now-ID theft protection program(!)-I never heard of either of them-can't contact them with numbers provided and the latter has already taken money from my account. I can only assume they are all connected somehow. How do you stop this...

• La
    Lasisi Aug 17, 2012

Hi, we have just got back off holiday and checked our bank statement to find that Leisuretime had taken £99.99 out whilst we were away. On the bank statement there was a number. We called the number and a woman told us that they deal with discount holidays, We had no idea who they were and when we asked how they got out credit card number they said they were sold it by another company as we were apatantly good customers???! Surely this is illegal! We called the bank and have had to cancel our card. The woman from the company said she will refund the money but we will just have to wait and see if she keeps her word.

• Ha
    harmony109_109 Jul 26, 2011

I received a call that came up as ConfirmSales on the caller Id at 12:53pm today. They told me that I had won $120 gas gift card just for using my credit card, then repeated my entire credit card back to me. All they needed to do was charge me $2.95 to ship the card, what a great deal, $2.95 charge to get $120 gift card for gas! NOT! They called my other number which is not even assoaciated with the credit card they said that I used. They said I had won this gift card for making a purchse, but could not tell me when I made the purchase, where or what it was for. They they sent me over to some guy in "shipping" who wanted my name. I told him he knew my name if he was calling me. He said it was for verification. I told him my name, then he went into this long big spill about receiving coupons, vouchers, services for my vehicle, etc all for $29.95 a month that would be charged to my credit card. I told him no. He went into this long spill about how I could save thousands of dollars a month. Well, I don't spend thousands of dollars a month. I have only used my card at two stores, neither were online, so I don't know how they knew my entire credit card number. When I asked the name of the company, the man got mad and told me it was SmartShoppers Saving Time and Leisure. I asked for their contact number, he told me it would be in my information packet. I told him I needed it for references, he got mad but gave me some number that did not even match what showed up on the caller ID. When we were finished, he forgot to hang up the phone so I got to hear him talk about me, "I cant believe she asked the name of our company and contact phone number. Can you believe she asked me twice if this was a scam? I had to tell her no! She was worried about how we got her card number, I can't believe all of the questions she asked or why people ask us this $H|T anyways." Needless to say as soon as I hung up with this SCAM OF A COMPANY, I called my credit card company, had the card canceled so that this SCAM COMPANY could not charge my card, and so they would no longer have my number. The fraud and complaint department is contacting the attorney general in their state, then going to contact the attorney general in the state for the SCAM COMPANY, and then contact my attorney general. Looks like they are facing 3 goverment agencies since they just broke alot of laws. I still don't know how they got my credit card number or my other phone number that is not even associated with my credit card. Rest assured, I will not have to worry about them again because my number has been changed and my credit card company is flagging anything that looks unusual, and blocking EVERYTHING from this SCAM COMPANY. Beware people. They have your information and they are using it, but they messed with the wrong person this time.

• Qu
    Quinn. Jun 23, 2011

I'm sorry to say it, but 99% of the people posting are NOT intelligent. YOU CONSENTED TO THIS. Yes, a company may have called you calling themselves Platinum Rewards (which by the way, they're shut down now) or some other name - but if you bluntly ask, they will NEVER say they're from a credit card company or bank. ASK QUESTIONS! All of the billing is mentioned. If you hear somebody mention fees to you, question them more in depth.

You may ask "am I being billed anything" - Tricky sales-person answers will be responded to your comment such as "No, you don't have to pay any of the monthly billing until after the trial".. and guess what? They'll then state todays billing AGAIN but in a quick manner since they know you're stupid and not paying attention. Be responsible for your money.. nobody feels bad for you!

Oh, and you want to know where they got your information? Because you're an impulse buyer and purchased a silly product from an infomercial/magazine/etc. You agreed to have your information shared by doing that, by the way. You just don't listen to what anybody says to you.

Blame yourselves for the situation. Know that these programs are not useful and are used to make money off of people like yourselves that don't listen. They're not scams though. Own up to what you did.

• Bd
    bddix May 17, 2011

I too had the same problem told them I didn't want it and.to cancel the order they said it was never processed and would Not be charged. I was hung up on four times called stupid I was pissed. They sent me a text with a number thanking me and was told I would get a 100 dollar gift card for Walmart. I asked what company they were and they hung up again called my bank and they charged me and that leisure company plus magazines.I. was the same man and women too, I was told by the bank to cancel my card cause they will give info to other third parties who will charge your account, it's a bunch of ###!!!

• Wi
    wilky Jun 25, 2010

I have been receiving calls from some scam company called, discount savings club and they somehow managed to get my full name and mailing address. I have filed and continue to file complaints about them to the FCC which I strongly suggest everyone to do so as well. These people call from a New Jersey phone number but claim that the company is in Colorado Springs In Colorado and they keep trying to mail me some junk which I have never sign up for. I always ask questions, who I'm speaking with, and how they got my information. Because I continue to ask questions they always hang up on me and unfortunately then send someone else to call me again the very next day, same crap beginning all over again. File your complaints people, go to the FCC website, Google FCC and click file a complaint. The more complaints that the FCC receives on these scams, the much better chance at shutting these scams down for good.

• Wy
    wysockib Jun 09, 2010

I just randomly got a charge on my check card from Leisure Time Savings for $24.55. I tried calling the number mentioned on my transactions list, but when I said I didn't have a member ID, the lady told me to hold, then hung up on me. So I called my bank and reported a fraudulent charge. I then called this number that was posted by someone here:

Leisure Time Savings: [protected]

The person their named Christi was a lot more accommodating and cancelled my account and offered a refund. She also mentioned that I had an account with Direct Discount Club and offered to cancel that and refund the $23 charge that I had missed. Of course this was after my debit card was already cancelled.

• Ha
    Hazel Carpenter May 31, 2010

I called My Leisure Discount last month and told them to cancel my account, I'm on SS and can't afford any extra billing, they charged me again this month, I want my money back and want to be removed from your list...Please help me in this reguard...
    Thanks!!!

Hazel Carpenter
    Springtown, Texas 76082

• Am
    Amy M. Shriver May 25, 2010

I have too been charged $29.95 to my debit card for the months of April ane May and didn't know until I received my bank statements and was balancing my checking account tonight. How do these company's get our debit card #'s and how do they get away with this. I think that we should get a class action together and sue them for damages. This is illegal!!! I am calling them first thing in the morning with the above number listed for my leisure savings club. There is no number listed on my bank statement.
    Amy shriver

• Le
    leo laxamana Mar 26, 2010

guys i work before on that company(discount savings and leisure time saving) the name of the company is rotchild global marketing based on the philippines in makati the peak tower!! guys that company is total scam the name of the bosses is joey zoocali andrew vergara and lito... just tell this to the fbi asap!!

• Fl
    flycaster19 Mar 24, 2010

I had 4 separate charges post to my checking account today sending my account into overdraft big time! I went to the bank and filed a report and they are sending it to there fraud dept. I was unable to close the account due to having a negative balance but they did open a new account for me and are going to monitor the old compromised account. I then came home and called all 4 places that sent fraudulent ACH checks to my account and they all agreed to refund my money. The companies are the following:
    1. Discount savings club [protected]
    2. WEB SAVERS [protected]
    3. ONLINE DISCOUNT M* [protected]
    4. PLATINUM ONLINE GROUP [protected]

• De
    deckman Mar 16, 2010

I check my bank account and they got me as well. then I call and cancel it and the lady tells me that I will enjoy it if I stayed with them. I told her you steal money from me and now you want me to try your service... HA

This is a absolute joke company. They prey on people just messing around on the internet

• Am
    amenda Mar 16, 2010

I have been getting calls since the last week of February. I refuse to give out or confirm any information. The first and second time I got a call I told them I wasn't interested, I wasn't a good consumer, I always try and get the best deal at the retail establishment's cost. They are obviously mistaken. It did not matter, they are eager for me to confirm my mailing address, which I refuse to do. (I am assuming that is somehow an agreement to charge my credit card). I was shocked that they have my address and the last 4 digits of my visa card.

I tried to get them to tell me who they were affiliated with, at first they said Target, then Walmart. When I asked if they were working for these retailers, they stammer and tell me there are many retailers that they represent. I've been told I will receive a gas giftcard, for $100- $150, a giftcard for $25, a package of coupons and endless savings opportunities...etc., etc. If I would just confirm my mailing address. I refuse, I ask them where they live...they stammer, then I ask where they work, always, the same answer: Global Rewards in Clearwater or Tampa, FL; but that [protected] number they give you is actually listed as Discount Savings Club; P.O. Box 4345; Seminole, FL 33775 with corporate offices c/o Telecorp Limited, 32 Threadneedle Street; London, England EC2R 8AY-company Number [protected]. Great, an international company-just try and get your money back from them...not!

As a matter of fact, there are several legitimate companies named Global Rewards-so that name is very hard to trace-Beware!

Once I got over the initial aggravation and looking them up on the internet to find out they are scammers. I always talk to them as it has been a form of amusement and besides they really won't let me off the phone. Very aggressive! I assume they cannot go further with charging my account, and thus I am on some redial/retry status. I have caller ID and have received calls from as far away as, CA, MA, NH, MD, NJ and recently from a few miles away in Missouri. Each time I ask them where they are calling from, they tell me, Clearwater or Tampa, Florida and have recently given me the address, of 2963 Gulf Bay Blvd. Clearwater, Florida 33759. When I looked it up, it appears to be a warehouse listed under a man's name, who may or may not be involved in the scam.

They are always foreigners, Spanish or Asian, they typically do not speak clearly so I always insist that they tell me their names until I can understand what they are saying (sometimes this takes a few tries and having them spell out their names-which is very entertaining). I have spoken to a Brian Maxwell, who sounded very Asian and had quite a time saying his name, though he repeated it several times, randomly throughout the conversation.

I spoke to K.C. Taylor, today, who when pressed explained that he was Chinese (his mother still lives there) and his father is French and he spells his name K. C. but he doesn't know what the K or the C stands for-very clever. I tell him his parents must be big fans of K.C. and the Sunshine Band, has he ever heard of them? He laughs, but doesn't really get my jokes. I assume they are supposed to be friendly and thus the family history. I try and ask them questions similar to the ones they are asking me. Which gets rather comical. They always go back to trying to get me to confirm my address, which just makes me ask additional questions.

They are persistent and can be rude. One or two of the gals I have spoken with were very rude. A Rosa and a Maria. Rosa kindly tired of me and Blessed me before she got off the phone. Maria was extremely rude, basically called me a liar-which I laughed and said-no, you are! She was not calling from Missouri, but Tampa, FL. When I insist that it is impossible and I tell them exactly where the landline is located, (as I am usually looking it up on whitepages.com/ reverse phone number) while they are speaking to me. It is always a landline and there are always lots of voices in the background, it is obviously a call center of some sort. She told me that was impossible and insisted she was in Clearwater and then again a little later in Tampa. When I called her on it she got very angry. Eventually, they tire of my antics and hang-up. But they always call back, from a different state usually, a different person, a different American name, a few days later. They are difficult to ignore, because I get legitimate calls from all over the country.

Exhausted, I check my bank account frequently, and so far no charges. Hopefully, they'll mark my name as a trouble maker and leave me alone, as I asked the first two times they called.

• Tr
    Trusting :( Mar 10, 2010

This also happened to me. They said that represented one of my credit cards and persisted in trying to get me to take advantage of $1oo.oo free gas to try the product. Theye also said that all I had to do was look over the information at no cost and cancel at any time AND keep the gas voucher. Stupid me agreed! Don't judge me for trusting such a scam...I already have :(!!! This occurred a few days ago and today 3/10/10 I luckily recieved a call from the Fradulant Activity folks that watch my debit card or I wouldn't have noticed it until my statement arrived. My card was cancelled immediately so no more activity from Smart Shopper, Myleisure, or NVQ Privacy (a fraud detection company in London England...Ha!) will follow me. The only way to get out of this is to stop payment to them by canceling their information about you. The major company to pursue is Galaxy, whoever they are. I too wonder how my name, number, address and card number got into their hands but I will be much more vigilent in the future.

• Sc
    SCL 2887 Mar 08, 2010

Absolutely! I received a similair phone call about coupons/brochures and hung up without giving any information. However, I still received a packet from Leisure & Savings. I immediately went online and cancelled this on 2/28.
    Then on 3/5 I was charged 29.95 by Direct Savings Club. I couldn't get through on the number over the weekend but made some headway today. When I called the number listed on the website, the customer service representative I spoke with said that Leisure & Savings and Direct Savings Club were two seperate companies and I needed to cancel with both before the end of the 30 day trial.
    I told her that this was never communicated as everything came in one envelope and I had also been charged before this supposed 30 day trial period. I told her that if something was not done immediately to refund my money and cancel any further charges, I would take legal action because I was aware of the bad publicity on the web.
    She said that since there had been poor communication on their part she would cancel the (unauthorized) subscription and my money would be refunded within 10 business days. She gave me confirmation numbers for the cancellation of both companies and sent an email titled "Sorry to see you go".
    I only hope my money returns to my account and that there are no future charges. I do plan to get a new card this afternoon regardless.

Anika Mar 02, 2010

I also got a call, but luckily i'm just a college student, so I was able to watch what tiny amount of money i had closely. When i saw a charge for the exact amount they said the service would be over the phone, I immediately called my bank to cancel it. This started a constant stop payment war, until I finally found and called the right number over the phone. Apparently when I attempted to deal with the service online, they told me that it wasn't their company, which confused the utter crap out of me because when you call their number (Discount Savings Club: [protected]) they say that one can stop the service online from the exact same site that i had attempted a month earlier. I explained to them that i had never used the service and that I thought they would get the idea from the several times I attempted to cancel it. Finally i was told they would stop their attempts to charge. Hopefully, they'll keep their promise.

Sam Cook Jan 23, 2010

I want my membership cancled now #3922197

• Do
    DoNotCallList Jan 12, 2010

Leisure Time Savings Club / Direct Discount [protected]

STAY AWAY!!! THIS IS A SCAM!!!

First they have a nice representative saying that are going to send you gas cards, then they transfer you to an intimidating, rude, unprofessional person who tries to get you to make a VERBAL AGREEMENT with their company trying to charge your credit card for $2.95 shipping, then an additional $60 a month with a 800# to call to cancel, then they never give you the number.

I told her she was unprofessional, rude and I didn't want anything sent to me and they said they were "SENDING IT ANYWAY" whether I like it or not. She was sitting their arguing with me, yelling at me (the supposed customer), then I ask to speak to a supervisor and the supervisor gets on the line she says "What, who? I can't hear anyone" and HANGS UP. This line has been used by CON ARTISTS SINCE THE 70s! You call back the phone number and it's an automated system, doesn't say what company and doesn't give you the option to speak to anyone.

Now i have to go to the bank tomorrow, cancel my account and transfer my funds. I hate solicitors.

• Al
    Alchemy Nov 27, 2009

I agree 100% with everyone on this board. This is my first time EVER making a statement or complaint about a company or service!!!The steps I took are very similar to most. I called my bank an made them aware of that company; they going to refund my money and the negative charges that occured, plus issue a new card. My advice to all, don't even waste your time trying to contact that company! Arguing with them is deadend! Go through your bank or credit card company they will resolve the issue for you!

• Wk
    W. K. Oct 29, 2009

I think I got hooked on that one too! But, I swear, I did not give them my account number. The girl even asked me to punch in my zip code for acceptance, which I refused. She punched it in from her end. Where are they getting all the info? I still haven't received my bank statement, but will call them and stop any future withdrawals.

smbs Oct 28, 2009

and also you have to replace the card so they cant charge on it again! be careful to all those callers saying that i can get free gas worth $200 thats how they got me too. goodluck!

smbs Oct 28, 2009

what i did i called my bank customer service and complain about the unauthorized transaction. luckily the scammers number appeared in each transaction customer service provided the numbers so i was able to call them one by one and got my money credited back to my acct.!

macbeth_jane Oct 27, 2009

Category: Business Services - Professional Services Print

Category: Merchandise & Supplies - Mail Order Print

1 - 2 of 2 Transactions

Select to Print

WHAT USE IS CALLING A NUMBER THAT IS ALWAYS CLOSE DURING BUSINESS HOURS.

YOU CAN NEVER GET THIS FRAUDSTERS ON THE NUMBER LISTED IN THE ACCOUNT. I GUESS KATHY IS ONE OF THEIR SCAMMIMG TEAM.

macbeth_jane Oct 27, 2009

plz how did you get them on the phone. do you have any of their contact number ? i tried the [protected] but it is always turned off. The DISCOUNT SAVINGS CLUB and LT SAVINGS PROGRAM LSANTA ROSA billied me $3.95 twice. i don't have a clue who they are or what they sell. they billed the credit card that i have never used in a while, which i'm struggling to pay off. this fraudsters called my husband and told him that he was eligible for a $120 gas card cause he has earned points from using american express card. he specifically asked them if he was going to pay anything or cancel anything but they said they was nothing to pay or cancel, that he earned it from using american express credit card and it is free. they claimed to be calling on behalf of american express. I called american express and they said they have nothing to do with it, they freezed the money

• Sh
    Shiny3 Sep 15, 2009

My husband signed up for the Discount Shopper Savings Club thinking hw would get a 150 dollar gas card for free. Then we found out that not do we only see about 2 dollars of that a week, but that they have been giving our information to places like Leisure time, netcharge help, among many others. These companies charging us first 29 dollars, then 39 dollars, and now over 40 dollars about 5 times a month has put us in the red in the bank account several times. I would say they have charged us over 300 dollars on our account. I cancelled the discount savings club, and am in the process of changing the credit card numbers on our account. We even have one place saying we signed up for it when we didn't, and that in order to cancel the membership to it, we have to pay them 170 dollars. We are not paying for it, we are changing our bank cards and all of our information so that they can't charge us for it anymore. My husband is worried that we might not be able to do that. I'm not sure but I don't care. These people keep screwing us every month and I want it to stop. We called all of their numbers during their work hours and some don't even pick up, but then a few numbers aren't even in order for god's sake. I wish there was some way for us to get our money back but apparently the bank can do nothing about it. We let it go for so long because we had no idea how to cancel it since none of the numbers worked and we had no information whatsoever in order to cancel anything. And because of them sticking us in the hole, we didnt have any money to pay the bank to get the card numbers changed. I finally got a letter in the mail that says for me to log on with my account information to get "great" discounts. I logged on, cancelled my membership and changed our credit card information to things like "Mr. Nowhere" and fake credit card numbers. I doubt it will help. They should have all of our information on file. This is ridiculous. I don't know how they get away with it.

• Mm
    mmeaders May 13, 2009

I also contacted the FBI.

• Mm
    mmeaders May 13, 2009

We received a call from these people Discount savings and Leisure time Savings yesterday offering a "free 100.00 gas card" and proceeded to tell my husband his debit card info right down to the security code my husband was furiouss and demanded to know where they go the information, they stated they received it from a global marketing firm, they refused to give him an address only stating that they were in Clearwater Florida. We did get a phone number [protected]. As soon as the call ended my husband notifie dthe bank and cancelled is card . We notiifed the federal trade commission this morning and will continue to notify as many as we can .

smbs Apr 29, 2009

i was charge just this yesterday of $39 by My Leisure Savings Club. I remember i recieve a call offering me a free $200. for gas which i think was good! but i didnt know that, from that call they will confirm your name and address to sign you up for monthly purchase of their product. what alarms me is that I have not given my credit card information! i felt that they stole from me. i mean where did they get my information??? i have no exact information about their company, i need the state and city where they operate so i can file a complaint on BBB. if you have info, if you receive a letter from them with their complete address please post it here. thanks

• Ti
    Tina Apr 22, 2009

My husband got a phone call from Liesure savings also. He let them send him info in the mail and when we received it, he immediately called them and told them and canceled. Today, we received a bank statment from them as well as Smart Shopper who made to charges to our bank account..$39.95 and $39.85. My bank tracked down their phone number which is a random anwering machine recording and, of course, no calls back. I am VERY VERY upset.

• Ka
    Karen Gray Feb 18, 2009

BEWARE OF CROOKS!! I looked at my bank statement yesterday and found two charges, one from shoppers savings club and one from leisure services. they both totaled nearly $80.00. I found that this was the second time they charged my bank account via my debit card in a month. I tried calling both companies and could not reach them. I went to my bank and cancelled my card and asked what I could do to get my money back. They will investigate and hopefully the money will be returned to my account in a few weeks. I really don't see that happening. I had allowed my son to use my card number to pay for some free offer that required only paying shipping. This is where I have tracked the issue beginning. Never give your card number for free offers that require shipping only. I believe that they are selling the numbers to other companies. Not only did the first company get the money for their shipping charges, they continued to send items that had not been ordered and used the card that I authorized paying shipping only on and continued to charge full price. I was able to reach them and stop any further charges, however they keep your card number on file even if you have only authorized one payment for shipping. They fear no prosecution so they will continue to rip off those who give out their card numbers.

• Al
    Alexander Magnan Dec 21, 2008

Thank you vrey much i hope this work and i can save lots of money

• Th
    Theresa Dec 21, 2008

How are these people getting our cc number and telephone as well. This sounds like an inside scam with someone handling our cc . They told me my credit card number. The web site does not exsist. They need to be stoped A.S.A.P. I agree with the complaints because it has happen to me also, with the telephone call ect.

• Ki
    Kim Byrd Dec 05, 2008

I also got al call from Discount Savings Club. I did get a booklet and info in the mail by them. I also called right away and canceled the service when I found out that it came with a future monthly billing of 29.95 on my bank card. well one month later on 12/04/08 to be exact, I saw a charge of 29.95 from Discount Travel Leisure who were not at all the Discount Savings Club, or were they? hmmm. I now have to get with my bank which is in Washington DC. I live in KY. I am really scared because I am going to Disney World with my spouse just back from Iraq and now I have to go through this with these people? I need my bank card more than ever and do not have time to wait for a new one in the mail. When I get to DC latter this month the first place I am stopping is at the bank. Thanks so much for the heads up.
    Kim

• Je
    jessica Nov 25, 2008

I cancelled with My Leisure Savings and Smart Shopper with no problems!

Phone # to cancel [protected]

I think they got my info when I order another product online
    which turned out to be a mess/scam - Acai Berry 500

• Pa
    pachia yang Nov 22, 2008

I have had that happening too everyone...

right now I just had a leisure time savings charged onto my account for 29.85
    and before there was that direct discount club charge and I did not receive any packets at all.

I now have to deal with this. Tonight. and tomorrow I am going to change my account,
    and freak deal with these [censored]gats. Just going to fall for these kind of s h i t anymore...
    no offense...

but I did do that recording voice with them (they were saying that they were from TCF bank)
    I thought I have cancelled everything already but damn what the hell, now the leisure is going to charge me...
    and this made me thought maybe they have their own different companies with their own phone to
    charge...

i don't know what to do anymore. I feel like it is my fault. But still, I believe that canceling by calling the 1800 number
    thinging---it would cancel everything. But now for this leisure time saving charge---I WANT MY MONEY BACK.

• El
    Elia L Tupua Nov 17, 2008

I remember talking to someone on the phone about the Leisure discounts but did not authorize anything about the Savings and Healthcare Service part of it. I also don't like how they went into my account without me getting anything from them first. I was told I would recieve coupons and things like that but I was billed first. I want to have all future contacts and automatic debits from my account cancelled with the Leisure, Healthcare and Savings Programs. I feel that my finacial security was violated.

• Je
    Jeff Smith Nov 17, 2008

ATTENTION--ATTENTION I have received the same stuff from LEISURE TIME SAVINGS, DISCOUNT SAVINGS CLUB, CDAoA MED HEALTH PLUS, and BELLA CLEAR skin products. I was exposed in the same ways described above. I was called by a guy that had my account information and signed me up for all these trial products. Once you cancel all the product within the trial period you still receive random charges. They say you can cancel easily, but when you cancel with all these companies they continue to make charges some large 78.95, and some small 1.95. When you try to contact all these different companies to cancel all charges being charged they find ways to say that not all was canceled or you went passed the trial period before completely canceling everything. The fact of the matter is that it is a head ache to try and chase down all these crooks and route out the source; not to mention the problems you'll have at your bank when you try to cancel or block the on- going charges. They don't always cancel everything. I'm also very suspicious of how the original caller who signed me up with fraudulent claims of easy cancellations even got my account info and number. I BELIEVE MY BANK MAY BE INVOLVED.

AFTER READING THE OTHER COMMENTS, AND MINE HOPEFULLY YOU'LL SEE THAT FIGHTING IT WILL GO ON AND ON. THE BEST THING TO DO IS TO CANCEL YOUR CARD NUMBER AND GET A NEW CARD AND NUMBER FROM YOUR BANK AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. HOPEFULLY YOUR READING THIS BEFORE THEY'VE HAD A CHANCE TO CHARGE THAT MUCH.

CANCEL CANCEL CANCEL YOUR CARD QUICK... THAT IS THE WAY I GOT IT TO STOP FOR NOW!

• Ju
    Julio Martinez Nov 15, 2008

hey i strongly agree that because is happening to us right now, what can i do to cancel that cause i cant do it by the internet or by the phone

• V
    V Oct 17, 2008

This company is a total scam. I agree with all the others. I managed to call them and find contact info. I think I managed to cancel my membership. Now they sent a second package with a new membership number. great. Anyway, here's the contact info, it helps if you wrote down the confirmation number when you were on the phone with them initially. Good luck.

• Da
    Dave Sep 25, 2008

Ya some bull, I canceled a few times and found that the only real way to resolve this is contacting your bank and canceling your debit card and getting a new one. Also if you are wanting the money back, got to your bank and ask for a dispute slip and it will inform you what to do, again play dirty to get what is yours.

• Ro
    Robin Cozens Sep 25, 2008

Found a Leisure time debit on our joint bank account, called and queried, my wife told the woman the card number and she asked if she was married to a completely different person. Someone (we know who and have his name and address) had used my wifes card number and ordered from his address and goods were delivered to his ex wifes address. Unbeknownst to myself this had been going on nearly 2 years and we just found out. My wife thought it was something I had subscribed to and vice versa. Leisure Time will not talk to me, it seems it's harder to prove my wife is the cardholder than it is for the thief to open an account with them. The Police have been notified and are acting accordingly.