Lebeau InvestmentsNo final paycheck, no W-2!

J

I worked for the subway's within the Clinton Township/ Shelby Township, MI owned under Maxine Lebeau in 2006. I had to quit without notice for personal reasons and upon trying to get my final paycheck I was unable to... They "sent it back to the office...". I asked to pick it up from the store the next pay date and was told that would work... Yet again I was told they sent it back to the office upon trying to pick it up the next attempt... I asked that they then send it to my address... They never did.

I contacted the employer (through letter) about my final paycheck and never receiving my W-2. I was told by a third party (because the owner would not contact me) that they could not find my final paycheck or record of it... I would also have to pay for my W-2 that they had sent it out, but yet I never got it in the mail... So I asked if I could see the "return to sender documents, that i would pay for the W-2 after which I had seen such."

I was told that I "could not" see such, that they did not want to "search" for the letter. But yet they can force me to pay for documentation that the IRS enforces as a free resource to employees through the employer.

I have called many of times to receive attitude from the third party who refuses to although me to talk to the owner. I was told many of times to call back and upon doing so received no answer. So I just decided to pay the employer (as requested by the third party for my W-2) to see if it would clear the matter... I left a money order and the details in which are needed to receive such and still have not heard a response...

I find it ridiculous that employers can attempt to do this... That they can claim loss of documentation they are required to keep. That they can charge for necessary documents they should be distributing as free resources. And there are very few resources in which will protect employees and or ex-employees from such occurrences, but yet there are many governmental agencies that will protect restaurants and employers from loss of profit or "bad naming."