Leaf FundingBad Business conduct

It seems anytime I mail my monthly payment to Leaf, it always shows up in their hands a day late. A late charge of $39 incurs if late.

I have mailed payments to New York (from California) and they typically make it there in 4 days. Again, this month, I decided to mail in my payment to Leaf (I pay by phone most of the time because they're unreliable, but it costs me an extra $10 to phone it in) because times are tight.

I mailed my payment on March 12, 2009, figuring they should receive it by the 20th, the due date. Well, today is the 20th and they still haven't "received" it.

This is a 5 year contract, which ends in January 2010, thankfully.

I need to point out that this has been ongoing for 2 years now. I didn't have many problems with this company in the 2 years prior to that.

I spoke to a Supervisor, Ruth. She told me that the payments get sent to a lock box (P.O. Box) and there is no schedule for checking it.

She offered waive the late charge, providing I enroll for automatic bank withdrawals. I don't like people having access to my money like that, but it seems I have no power to oversee their ability to screw me. It seems they have a system like the mob. No matter what I do, I pay.

I will make double sure I have no further business involvement with Leaf Funding once this contract has ended.

• Fr
    Frustrated former customer Nov 07, 2010

We too have had nothing but trouble with LEAF Funding. They refused to lift the automatic bank withdrawal on their payment even after it was paid in full. We had to file a complaint with the AG to get their attention. They also had a lien against our life insurance policy and have failed and refused to release that, even though the loan has been paid for more than 6 months. We send a letter demanding this be removed but they refused to accept the certified letter. So I guess it's back to the Attorney General and banking regulators.

• Ba
    baymont inn Apr 11, 2011

I do have trouble with them, I always send a payment through my bank and they always call on due date and tell me the payment was not received and the same evening they will deposit the check in account and charge me late charges, last time when I asked him the question, why you guy only received the payment after you call me and he hung up the phone then

• Da
    Davin Manigo Jun 21, 2012

This is the worst company. They are crooks and liars. When we had ACH, they constantly overcharged the account. When it was brought to their attention, they acknowledged it, but continued the charges. They never refunded any fees. We stopped ACH, preceded with Bank online pay (unlike anyone else they do not accept electronic payments, instead bank mails them the checks) and…. They still claim to receive bank payments late in order to charge more fees. The payments are set-up to be mailed 5, 7, 10 days prior due date and… still late. We must unite against them and file class action suit and the company and their shady principals.