LBW EyewearBait and switch

On February 27, 2009, I purchased a pair of prescription glasses from LBW Eyewear lbweyewear.com through my PayPal account. I received a confirmation e-mail from PayPal stating the transaction went through, but I never received a shipping notice from LBW Eyewear. According to their HELP section, my glasses would arrive between 10-15 business days.

On March 19, 2009, I e-mailed LBW Eyewear [protected]@lbweyewear.com asking for an update on my order. Since I didn't get a response, I e-mailed again on March 21 & March 23...still no response.

On March 25, 2009, I went to Pay Pal's website and lodged a complaint. Amazingly later that evening, I received an e-mail from "Peter" [protected]@lbweyewear.com stating my glasses were out of stock and I needed to place another order.

I immediately e-mailed "Peter" back and told him I didn't want to place another order or wait another 10-15 business days and asked him again to please cancel the order and refund my purchase.

It's March 29, 2009 and I'm still waiting on a response from "Peter" and still waiting on my refund.

• Te
    tekilo Aug 05, 2011

After 3 weeks I'm still waiting for my order. VERY poor service and keeping customer informed. Looks like I will file a complaint over DECEPTIVE TRADE PRACTICES with California Attorney General.