LambdaTekPoor service

I ordered an external Seagate drive, which, despite the fact that it arrived within a reasonable amount of time, turned out to be a bad one. Rather than pursue a refund, I decided to replace it with an internal drive and caddy. However, this is when I found out that there is no process in place by which you can simply a) replace one item with a different one or b) get a credit note. However, I went through the due process, awaiting Lambdatek's test to confirm that the product was, indeed, faulty. Sadly Lambdatek didn't prove to be particularly 'on the ball' here as I had to chase up the refund. When I got the refund, I noticed that the money I'd paid out for delivery had been deducted from the refund, leaving me around £8 worse off from the experience. However, being a strong believer in the power of human nature, I emailed the vendor back, saying that I was considering purchasing an internal drive and caddy, but was a little disappointed that I had had to bear the cost of delivery for an item that turned out to be faulty, and would they consider waiving the delivery charge for the new items. This they did, and the said items arrived within a reasonable amount of time. I believe that Lambdatek's customer service is probably above average. Despite the fact that you have to communicate via email, I found the staff to be respectful and reasonable, and this company is definitely on my top 5 list for future purchases.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices