Laila RoweBad service

I'm a former customer of the store Laila Rowe. I've been to several of there locations. I've had terrible experiences in each one. Let's start with the Jewelry. I know its costume and cheap but I have seen jewelry tarnishing before my eyes still on earring stands. Employees would lie to me tell me it's part of the design. I'm not stupid. I know when jewelry is tarnishing.

I even over heard an employee saying the jewelry wasn't even nickel free & that so much of it was made in china "who knows" what's in it. Is this really something you want employees shouting while people are in the store?

Their 56th in 6th location is utterly filthy! I once saw a waterbug walking around the back of the store. The girls who were chatting and didn't care jumped up along with me and begged a customer to kill it.

61st in 3rd I went in once to exchange something (policy is exchange or a credit for the store, basically you loose money anyway) The women at this location are RUDE!. There manager at the time was a complete and utter ###. Her employees were worse. Everytime I was in their there was nothing but chatter about boyfriends and how much they hated the store. How much they DON'T get paid and no benefits. Getting checks late. I heard it all. They didn't care.

THEN WHY ARE YOU WORKING THERE???

42nd st. I see one of their employees a young asian girl DOING HER HOMEWORK on the counter and ringing people up with her binder sitting there.

These people have horrible business practices and weak merchandise. I could find anything they sell on the street for cheaper. In fact most of the stuff I see in that store if from the street (I've seen them unpacking it).

They need to fire all their workers and hire people with experience. Get serious about your stores and people will take you seriously as a company.

Last but not least. I was told that I wouldn't get any allergic reactions to any of the jewelry. Within hours of wearing a pair of 15 dollar earrings My ears were red and itchy. They Lie about what's in that jewelry.

If indeed most of it is made in china, I could bet anything there could be lead or other toxic things in their jewelry.

Nothing good about Laila Rowe. I stopped going 6 months ago.

• Cs
    CSB2 Oct 23, 2012

Bought a pair of rubber rain boots on 9/03/12 that broke after wearing them three times. Tried to return them but they refused because it had been over 30 days. Getting the run around from the corporate. If they are defective why cant I just exchange them? Terrible customer service. Will never buy from this company again and telling everyone I know and posting on every site. And I am writing a letter to the company.