LaflatDo not buy from them

This company is one of the largest rip-off artists in the country. IF you are lucky to receive your furniture (and that’s a big IF) then you are one of the lucky ones. But if you do receive your stuff, then it would be a miracle if it’s the correct product, finish or material. The place is owned by some guy named Leo Stanik (who doesn’t speak more than 2 words of English) and run by some crook named Steven Sosin. To make it worse, these criminals are changing their corporate name so they don’t have to repay or deliver on their commitments. Did I forget to mention that they also go to these review sites and post their own positive reviews. I can assure you that not a single client would ever make the effort to post anything positive. Don’t believe me? Check out the 2 attached links to the BBB. Combined they have nearly 100 complaints.

More Laflat Complaints & Reviews

Maria84 Mar 06, 2012

I'm having so many issues with same "company" if you can say that! First of all i bought my couch for 2500 First of all. To deliver they took like 2 months and the color was black instead of flax seed. I call the guy who barely speaks any English and told me he would send a new cover no problem. Its been 5 months and nothing is been deliver. I told them i wanted my money back but of course that didn't happen at all. They never answer the phone. They never call back. And at this point i don't know what o do cause try been ignoring my request and i don't want to get stuck with a black sofa that i hate for 2500 dls! This people are just a real scam. Please advise

• Fa
    Faratina Jun 18, 2011

Good thing I checked on google about their review!!! I had a bad feeling about this company! When I called, a man said there's no customer service/salesperson today, come by on saturday and they can help you. I called to ask direction, he was very evasive. I tried to have a live chat, zilt!!!
    They really know how to attract you by showing nice furnitures online... I clicked on all the help but got nothing and nobody. Even when I wanted to see a bigger picture of the items, then i got a white blank pop-up window!!! I said what the ### is all this, i can't get anywhere... So there, I started to get suspicious and did my research, , ahahah, bingo!!! they won't get our money!!!

But, i am too careful to be fooled easily. I always do my research on anything that i like online, that means anything i may wanna buy!!! That's the only way nowadays to be safe!!!
    CONCLUSION: ###ING SCAM, DON'T BUY PEOPLE!!!
    yeah, I am disappointed caus i can't find what they have anywhere, i was about to go there tomorrow saturday, June 18th 2011!!!
    Thank go i use my brain and verify on google...thank you google, u save a lot of people's life

angryr May 04, 2011

We are waiting to see if they return our money by next week. If not my husband has contacts with the FBI and will have someone there check into this company. We are giving them the week they asked for to return the money, after that there will be criminal charges filed. We have spoken with an attorney and are well within our rights to do so. I would suggest that you all go to the highest authority with your complaints and then seek legal action.

Dan Rodner Apr 16, 2011

Here you Guys !
    Same people same scam same pictures LaFlat is all over the place.
    www.laflat.com

www.la-classic.com
    www.moderfurniture-city.com
    www.furniturebyduval.com
    www.modernfurnituredeal.com

Where is the government agencies or any state officials that can really put some people behind bars in this difficult time .

• Bu
    Buvvy Mar 18, 2011

My nightmare with Laflat began in November 2010. I bought a sectional sofa and was promised delivery in 3 weeks. It's March now and Nothing! All the while I called them a million times, none of which were answered. 2% of my phone calls were answered, and as soon as I asked for the status of my order, I was hung up on. I'm trying to file a lawsuit against these crooks. I hope that this review stops you from ever even thinking about doing business with this fraud company. If you know any good lawyer which had deal with them in past, please post some info.

NotBad Dec 30, 2010

No problems with them!Got all my staff in time! Special thanks to Customer service i was change my mind about furniture 4 times! Thanks Guys.

NotBad Dec 30, 2010

idk, they bring my furniture not in time (2 weeks late), but everything is ok no scratches or things like that!would i like to place new order??? Yep why not!?is it fake review? Nope is not!

• Do
    Don't buy La Flat Sep 13, 2010

I bought a couch from them back at the end of May. It's September now, and NO SIGN OF IT. Not to mention everytime we call to check on it, NO ONE WILL ANSWER. Customer Service department will not answer, but the Sales department will. Oh yeah, sure they will take your $, no problem. Once we finally did get someone on the phone, they told us that the couch we ordered wasn't even in stock. Great. That would have been a nice mention. They took our money for a product they don't even have. Supposedly they have two more days to ship the couch or they will refund the $. My husband seems to think they will, but after reading all these comments I'm starting to really worry. It's been over three months without a couch, since we sold off our old one before we moved thinking we would have this one. Awful way to conduct business. If they don't refund our $ in a few days then we will be contacting the BBB and writing the Attorney General. You would think they wouldn't want another lawuit!!

• Ku
    Kura Sep 07, 2010

If you like to have your furniture delivered in parts, being clueless as to when you will get the rest of your furniture, have ZERO customer service, have your walls and the new furniture damaged, you found the right place!!! These people have no idea what they are doing, or who is going what for that matter when it comes to delivering your furniture. They are great on selling you stuff and making empty promises and taking at least 50% deposit and then you are on your own. Somehow these "pros" loaded the delivery truck with just my bedroom and nothing else (couch, dining room table, and chairs), when I called them, they said they will bring it back the following week. The next day I get a call from the delivery guy that they are 20 min away from my house with a couch and nothing else... When called them back, got another 20 min worth of excuses and was promised to get the rest in the following week... The delivery guys did a great job of scratching and caving in my wall and of course damaging the couch... To make this long story short, I have a damaged couch, a damaged bedroom mirror, have no idea when the rest of the stuff is coming because they feel like running a delivery just to me (I am in PA and they are in NJ) is a loss for them (if you got your sh$t right the first time AND THE SECOND, you would not have to run trucks over to me), no idea when the couch and mirror will get replaced and best of all the sales man who is also the owner will not return my calls for almost two weeks now... Like I said, if you are bored with your life and need some excitement and drama, buy furniture from these guys and ask for Leo, he will gladly sell you and then disappear on you while your furniture is MIA.

Been a month and a half, still no furniture that they owe me, the furniture that did get delivered is DAMAGED and no one there is ever available or knows what is going on if you do happen to get a hold of someone.

Employees are liars and are worthless just like their boss !!! STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!!

• Cr
    CROOOCKS!!! Jul 29, 2010

The WORST Company I have ever dealt with!!! Purchased a sofa from them and was told 8 to 10 weeks!!! Guess what? 18 weeks later and nothing!!! Ask for a refund and was told that it would take 2 more weeks for a ck to be mailed out to me! When I paid with a credit card!!! Trust me!!! DO NOT BY FROM LA FLAT!!! I wish I had seen the reviews!!!

• Dj
    DJ Samy Jul 25, 2010

After reading all the reviews about them, I was very skeptical about giving them a deposit. And I never did. I dealt with this guy called Milan who was nice and friendly. He didnt press me for the deposit but asked me to come back and check after a week. Sure enough, as per the reviews, the container was not in after a week. But I think its the same scenario with other stores as well. My friend ordered a sofa from Raymour and Flannigan which is almost 4 weeks overdue. So I guess, I can live with that. Milan was good in responding through emails and kept me posted. They got it after 2 weeks and then I went to the store, paid it off and took it on the same day. They had asked me for $80 for delivery to Jersey city, but then all the reviews spooked me. I rented my own UHaul and got the bed assembled by myself. But it was the mental peace that matters. The parts were all intact and the assembling was easy. I met Leo as well and I sincerely think that they are trying hard to repair their name. I didn't sense any arrogance in him and he does speak English and their customer service is good. I would definitely give them 4 stars.

Mark Co Jul 13, 2010

Tyger is a rip off. Wish I found this before I purchased from them. Bought a table that was in stock and it took over a month to ship. It looked like it had been around the world twice. Can't believe it wasn't damaged. Still waiting on my sectional I special ordered on 3/30/2010. When I called a month ago to find out status they didn't know anything but said it wasn't on boat yet. I asked why they weren't providing any updates and he got really nasty. Tried calling four times today and only got voicemail. So I tried sales and explained I couldn't reach customer service and what did she do, transfer me to customer service to only receive voice mail again. I am going to contact their suppliers and let them know, these people are shady. Additionally, they speak very little English which makes it really hard to do business with them. Where are the 10, 000 satisfied customers. BBB here I come.

• Cl
    Claudette Ortiz Jul 12, 2010

Today I received the Ann Entertainment Center from LA Flat. I just have to say that Iam very happy with their service and communication. They delivered my order the same day they told me it was going to be delivered. I would say that they are very reliable.

• Si
    simpelsolution May 27, 2010

"Best looking furniture with the absolute worst materials", that's should be their logo.

Purchased a sofa sectional with pleather base and "micro-fiber" cushions. Great to be able to take the material off and wash it. Horrible that the zipper breaks the second time around.

Pleather is peeling after only 3 years.

You would expect that after 10 years, you relegate the furniture to the basement. This one will be in the trash if it survives 5.

• Mo
    Moe_Ansari May 11, 2010

lol look at the review left by tyger furniture 2 rows above this one, they got caught trying to give themselves fake positive reviews, forgot to log out of their real account and login to the phony one to raise their reputation.

and this is supposed to be the new "tyger furniture management" i dont buy it. its probably the same crooks that took everyones money before. nothing has changed. only their fictitious business name to avoid legal issues.

• In the past few months Laflat.com has been under new management by Tyger Furniture. With this new management department there will be changes to the customer service department to take care of any problems that previous and new customers are having. We have improved are shipping and tracking systems to make it faster and easier for customers to track their orders. Laflat.com will be offering discounts and deals to new customers and previous customers who weren’t satisfied. If you feel as if you need to talk to a representative to ask a question about any of the furniture pieces, please feel free to call our toll-free number 1877-878-6718x8010. In the past our competition has been posting negative reviews about our company to decrease the value of our business. But we are forming a counter attack on the competition. Over the years we have collected over 10, 000 happy customers who are going to be sending out positive reviews to our website to prove are customer satisfaction. If you are one of our happy customers please feel free to leave a review of your experience shopping at Laflat.com. At Laflat Furniture we want our customers to be 100% satisfied with our furniture lines and our customer service. If you are a previous customer of ours, and did not receive 100% satisfaction let us know and we will offer you a special deal on our new inventory of modern furniture. Laflat Furniture is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about Laflat Furniture. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on other site review. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. In order to post comments, you must be a registered user of Laflat.com. Your username will show along with the comments you post. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts. Visit our brand new website www.TygerFurniture.com to leave a reply.

• Did not have to wait long for it to be shipped...The nice delivery man even carried all five boxes inside my home and the furniture was just as described on the website. Thanks

• Ar
    arsenal Feb 22, 2010

i was thinking about purchasing a living room set from them. thank goodness i decided to do my homework. when i found out i had to make an appointment to go to their Boston showroom that looked suspicious. then i called several numbers listed on the site and i left a message for this guy name Leo. it all just seems akward to begin with. i hope he doesnt call me back. thanks for posinting your reviews and sorry for your nightmar..ish experiences.

Phazer Jan 27, 2010

Wow 2 people out of 13 with the same suspicious post are satisfied. 9 weeks is unacceptable when the company tells you 2 weeks and they won't answer my calls. Bottom line; I ordered furniture from the Laflat website saying it was made by the company I was interested in and it was a knock off, I was never told it was a knock off, it took over 2 months to receive it even though I was told everyday that it had been shipped out, had to go back to work because they couldn't deliver it on the day they promised so my father who had never seen the furniture signed for it, when I finally received the furniture it was a bad replica of the furniture they falsely advertised on their website, it was partially assembled and missing hardware needed to build it which was unacceptable since assembly was supposed to be done by the drivers, when I called the company and told them that this was neither the furniture nor the dimensions of what was advertised they said they would pick it up and never did. Now, my credit card company is battling them to get my money back.

• De
    DerekDawn Jan 27, 2010

got my sofa and very happy about it. this company is not a fraud. very happy with my brand new, modern style sofa that i could not find anywhere else.

delivery took a while but it was on special order and it took 9 weeks but in the end i got my sofa and happy with it

some good interesting quality modern sofas and wall units from Italy.

• Di
    dimon1705 Jan 21, 2010

I don't know people i did buy and did get what i want. Great style and nowhere to be found like it.

My was special order and i waited a while for it ( 9weeks ) but i got what i wanted...

• Mi
    Mixtopher Nov 16, 2009

ok i bought a couch from them about 2 and a half weeks ago..

now i stumbled across all this and i am scared now...

what should i do...

• Lu
    Lucr Nov 13, 2009

Never back down,
    I would be interested in listening to your proposal. Have you tried writing to the Attorney General?
    I know the BBB has tried to contact many times to the point that they too had enough and gave them an F rating. I know that is little consolation to all of us that have witness dealing with ...well, let me leave it to your immagination.
    The next step has been the Attorney General. I have written and called them and they said La Flat is under investigation. I'm hoping that more people will push the issue and send letters to speed up the process.
    AIC has listed their info:
    www.trenton.bbb.org
    or
    [email protected]
    All complaints that go to these addresses will be handed to the Attorney General (or, at least, that is what I was told).
    Hoping to hear from you
    Lucrezia

david2dav Nov 12, 2009

beware of laflat group opening up new websites

http://www.modernfurniture-la.com & http://www.modernfurniture-nj.com

Phillip1127 Nov 07, 2009

My problems with this company began in Feb. 2009. I ordered a $2600 bedroom set and paid for it all upfront. Big mistake on my part. It was promised to be delivered within one month. Sounded reasonable to me being that I live in Texas. One month went by. Not even a phone call. I decided to send them an email asking for an update on the shipment. There was no response to that email. Another month went by and I decided to give them a phone call. I talked to Leo and he said that there was a problem with the order but promised it would be on the truck the very next day and that it should arrive within 7-10 days. Ok no problem. April and May went by and still nothing. Then I started getting very upset with this company. I called telling them my problem and they told me to hold. I was hung up on. I could not believe that this was actually happening to me. During the months of June and July I sent several emails and made many phone calls to Laflat and all were either ignored or I was simply given some BS story. I was even hung up on again during one of my phone calls. Never in my life have I ever witnessed so much disrespect. My wife and I work hard for our money and for them to just take our $2600 without any care at all is downright criminal of them. I decided in July it was time to call my credit card company. I told them about the problem and they told me that they had Laflat on a special list for companies that scam their members. Needless to say my credit card company credited my account for the full amount within 2 business days. Amazing! I was a happy man of course, but that still doesn't excuse what Laflat did to my family and I. I seriously hope that these ### are put in their place. Do yourself a favor and please do not even think about purchasing from this company no matter how nice their furniture might look.

• Ai
    AIC Oct 01, 2009

The best advice I may give is to report to the BBB. The BBB of Trenton New Jersey has received many complaints regarding LaFlat Group including my own.
    I believe that if we pull together and have complaints pour into the BBB they might be compelled to either suspend their operation while under investigation or simply shut them down forever.
    Go to:
    www.trenton.bbb.org
    or
    [email protected]

Good luck to you all!

• Ne
    Never back down Sep 29, 2009

I to have been robed by this web site now im trying to get a group of people including my self for joint lawsuit to return are money and to see that they cant do this to hard working people
    reply to this post if interested together we can put a stop to this .

nojustice Aug 08, 2009

I ordered living room set BO3919 for $2199 in late June 2009 with a 300$ shipping fee. I was told it takes 2 weeks to deliver. When the furniture did not arrive on time I called and they explained that they were having trouble getting it to Florida in two weeks and would I mind waiting a 3rd week. I agreed thinking that this place was being honest and that I should be patient. I also asked when I could get a tracking number and they told me they would call me back in 30 minutes with tracking info. They never called. I have called every week since on average of 3 phone calls a week. Each time I call I ask for a tracking number and each time they say they will call me in 20 to 30 minutes with the tracking info. Half the time they don't even answer the phone and their voice mailbox is full. Yet they have never called me one time. It is now the start of week 6. The last time i called Leo, instead of giving me the tracking number he gave me the cell phone to the driver of the truck who supposedly had my package. His name is Egor and when I called he told me he only ships to California and that Leo must of gave me the wrong truck driver's number. I called Leo back and told him I just want to cancel and he hung up on me. I called back and told him he needs to give me the conformation number for cancellation and of course, he told me he would call me back with it in 30 minutes. I called back after thirty minutes and no phone call from Leo which was around 3:40 pm Thursday. He told me it would be emailed to me in 2 hours.. They close at 5PM. Do the math... In 2 hours they would have been closed for 40 minutes. I have reported the two charges they made, each for $1000, to my bank.. The bank called them as well and they told the bank the same things they told me. The issue is that there is one charge from LA Furniture Group and one charge from LA Flat. Both for $1000. I was to have payed the rest on delivery. They admit to both charges but it certainly seems fishy that they have two different company names on the same transaction. Which actually make one transaction two separate transactions. I wish I would have known about this website 7 weeks ago. I would have saved a lot of time and stress. The latest news is that it will take up to 2 weeks to refund my money back to my account. So in the end I unwillingly became a loan shark without any interest applied . I gave them my 2 grand for six weeks. There should be a law in place for customers who are forced to be loan sharks which would implement a percentage of interest. A flat APR of 22% across the board on any and all transactions that aren't justified.. These people should be out of business. Period.

• Jm
    jman1984 Jul 15, 2009

My nightmare with Laflat began in March 2009. I bought a $2600 bedroom set and was promised delivery in April. April came around, no furniture. May, June, July... nothing! All the while I called them a million times and sent them a billion emails, none of which were answered. 2% of my phone calls were answered, and as soon as I asked for the status of my order, I was hung up on. I finally decided that all I could do was try to get my money back with the help of my credit card company. I called them up and right away the lady knew all about Laflat. They have this company on their list already. They had no problem crediting my account for the $2600. What a RELIEF! I wish I would have done that the first time they hung up on me. I hope that this review stops you from ever even thinking about doing business with this company. Please do yourself a favor and look elsewhere. All the best!

• Cl
    closedown laflat Jul 02, 2009

CROOKS!!! These guys are the absolutely worst. Do not buy from them. I was threatened with bodily harm for asking for a invoice for a furniture they delivered over a month late. I am going to look for ways to shut these guys down. They are bunch of mafia guys who have no concept of customer service and are rude. Their customer service guy called me an ###. Can you believe these guys???? Maybe they are from another place where this type of behavior is tolerated but this is America and we all need to shut these guys down and send them to jail.

• Ti
    Timsi13 Jun 22, 2009

Completely agree, I had been a constant pest to these gusy Leo & Steve. I had order a king size bed and I did receive the right product but with a queen size foot board.
    Constant emails and phone calls and the answers are: yes we will take care of it, we are sending you a check to get the problem fixed locally, and what not. RIP OFFS & RIP OFFS. Had no customer service skills, I am surprised they are still in business and they do not answer there phone. I have to call the sales line to complain. We had filed a complaint with BBB, but they were unable to get hold of these guys.

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SITE or ANY AFFILIATED SITES WITH THIS BUSINESS.
    Is there a way maybe BBB can flag there domain name with a WARNING???That will be awesome...

• Lu
    Lucrezia May 29, 2009

I purchased a bedroom set almost one year ago. They told me I would have it within 5 weeks, it was delivered 3 months later at 10pm at night. Draws not closing properly, light not working at all. I have asked them to send someone to take care of the problems. Ah, as said, its been almost a year and no contact. They are very good at making promises that they don't keep. Tehir level of customer service may very well be below ZERO. I would advise anyone wanting to purchase from them to think twice or to look elsewhere. Don't make the same mistake I did!

• Fe
    Feri May 12, 2009

This place is owned by the Ukraine mafia. They are not russians but Ukrainians.If you visit their New Jersey showroom you will see what I am talking about. First brand new luxury cars sitting outside. Inside Its a bounch of guys sitting around bulls**ting in a nasty and dirty warehouse.I bought furniture from these people and they delivered the wrong color. They promised to get me the right color which never happened. I cannot belive that they are still in business. Looks like thay have closed in New York and Philly their stores since I bought furniture from them. Stay away. In fact run away and find another place to get your furniture from.

• Ti
    Tibor Apr 29, 2009

STAY AWAY FROM THESE CROOKS!!!
    They delivered the wrong furniture and the piece they delivered was damaged to top it all off. They promised to replace it in 2 weeks, but a couple of months and many unanswered messages later (they rarely pick up the phone), I called my credit card company, they are trying to get my money back, but it looks like they are well versed to handle disputes.

ADVICE: Check the item before the delivery people leave. If it is damaged or it is the wrong item, DO NOT SIGN the invoice or anything else. The delivery company is in bed with Laflat and if you sign even with a comment, it gives them a great advantage when it comes to disputes.

These guys are running their business under 2 names : "LaFlat Group" and "LaFlat, Inc.". You can find them under both names on the Better Business Bureau website, I suggest you take a look before you do business with them. They remind me very much of organized crime...

Phazer Apr 06, 2009

I received a different furniture set than what I had ordered. It was shipped 1 month from the time I had ordered it and was promised weekly it was going to be shipped out. The have never answered my email nor have they contacted me on how they are going to replace the furniture. Terrible company.

Phazer Apr 06, 2009

Received the wrong furniture, terrible customer service.

Dave Apr 04, 2009

I 100 % agree that company is one of the largest rip-off artists in the country.