La Tierra Del Encanto, Inc.Bait & switch, poor customer service and do not deliver the goods!

I originally spoke to the manager at LTDE in September, 2007. He quoted me a total price to move my articles to Puerto Rico, which I agreed to pay. The pickup was scheduled for 10-3-07. The day before the scheduled pick-up, I was contacted by this manager who told me he would need an additional $200.00 to do the pick-up. I was furious. This was a classic "bait & switch" and was very unprofessional. Because I was scheduled to leave the area within days, there was simply not enough time for me to arrange a pick-up with another mover. I was in a corner and was forced to pay a higher price. I was also told by this manager that my articles would be shipped to PR by 11-30-07.

After the pick-up of my Articles, I noticed (after the fact) that this manager failed to list all my articles on the Packing List he gave me. I contacted this manager the very next day and requested a revised PL. He said that he would fax it to me that day. He did not. Since then, I have contacted this Manager and/or his secretary AT LEAST 10 different times (the last time being 12-05-2007) about the amended PL. Each time, I have been told that the amended PL will be mailed and/or faxed to me. To date, I have not received it.

I AM CONCERNED ABOUT THE STATUS OF ALL MY ARTICLES, which I have yet to receive. On 12-10-07, I sent a certified letter to the President of LTDE requesting that he provide me an amended PL along with a date when my Articles will be shipped to me in PR and a written guarantee from him that ALL MY Articles WILL BE DELIVERED TO ME COMPLETE AND IN GOOD CONDITION. To date, I have received no response from this company.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices