La Oviedo de BoracayRefund

purchased 2 de luxe room vouchers for a 3-day/2-night accommodation at la oviedo on May 11, 2011 for PhP3000.00 and made reservations to use them for April 7-9, 2012. unfortunately, we are not able to push thru with our trip but made sure to cancel at least a month before as per their cancellation policy attached with my confirmation booking. called around end of February 2012 and was assured by the resort manager that there will be a refund. imagine my surprise when i was told by the owner when i called them again that the people Metrodeal entered the agreement with are not the rightful owners. i received the confirmation from a Mr Henreich and Wayne Favell but the owner said they are not in any way connected with the resort, and that they are no longer in Boracay, and that in fact, they did not receive any payments from Metrodeal. when i first told Metrodeal about this, they offered me credits equivalent to what i paid but i told them i would appreciate if they could just refund me the money. this went back and forth and sometimes, i get reply which mostly are canned and scripted. then they told me la oviedo is still willing to honor the vouchers and that i need to submit 3 dates for approval. but i can't give dates immediately, asking if i can still use it summer of 2013. again, they took too long to reply. so i asked them if they can just replace it with some other travel vouchers instead as i don't want to deal with la oviedo anymore. then this morning, i recieved a reply from them telling me i'm not entitled to a refund anymore as the booking is final and that we're no-show. how can it be when i called way ahead of time to avoid something like this happening. i have purchased vouchers with them before and though they turned out to me disappointing as most of the information given are misleading, i kept my cool. but this is the final straw. it's been four long months and it's giving me unnecessary stress. hope something can be done about this so that others may be aware. i have learned a hard lesson here. at this point, i really don't care about the refund anymore, although getting it back would be a big plus. i just want them not to continue scamming consumers anymore. thank you for your kind understanding and considerations.

• Sc
    scottishdj Oct 05, 2012

wayne favell is a known conman do not give this "man" a penny

• Me
    Metrodeal Hater Oct 30, 2012

Mine goes like this. I purchased a shoe rack to be delivered the next month. Unfortunately, I received nothing after a month. It was only after a couple of emails and God-knows-how-many-calls that I was able to talk to one of their supervisors. He advised me that the amount i paid will just be converted as credits to my Metrodeal account. But alas, a couple of hours after I talked to this supervisor came the item i bought from them. They delivered the item after I specifically instructed them not to deliver anymore and they delivered it without even asking for an ID from the one receving the item.

So overall, it took almost two months before the item got delivered to our doostep. And surprisingly, I found out that the item I bought was overpriced by P100 (I saw the exact item at one of the malls). That will be the first and the last time I'm going to buy from Metrodeal Philippines.

• Ae
    Aefril21 Nov 05, 2012

Metrodeal is not really i good i bought 4 vouchers goin to palawan and the travel agency cant book us for the date we want and bec.i am just spending vacation im running out of time of it so decided to cancel my vouchers and its already 2 months since i cancelled and until now they did not yet give my refund which a big amount they just keep
    Telling me it is waiting for the approval from their accounting dept.how come it will need for the approval? I paid it through credit card and the worst thing is the bank keep charging me coz the metrodeal did'nt contact the bank as what i m asking them to do so the bank will void it, And i did lots of emails and called to metrodeal and they just say sorry for the inconvenience what the heck are they doing!!! Guys please dont buy anything from metrodeal they just want your money!!

• Si
    sicolohista Feb 10, 2013

metrodeal sucks!! i hate metrodeal to the highest level... its been a year now since ive cancelled and ask for a refund on their puesto del sol deal and untill now, NONE no action but a reply that they are doing something to give back my refund, wow for a year? seriously?!...the reason we cancelled the deal was when we arrived at puesto del sol in batangas to check the place, the place was unfinished, the place is on top of the hill and not a minute walk away from the beach and was very hard to reach because its very steep, our car had a hard time climbing that place, rotten swimming pool, and construction was still on going when we went there...so there are construction worker fixing around and finishing their things and because the place was small NO PRIVACY to expect...

• Wa
    watchoutwayne Feb 19, 2013

Wayne Favell is a conman. He is well known in Hong Kong and the Philipines for ripping off people for serious amounts of money. He first did his tricks in the Philipines. When it got too hot under his feet (people were after him...) he went to Hong Kong around mid-2000 to rip people off there. He then went back to the Philipines to pay off the people he owed money there as he is a scared little [censored] and the threats from there were a lot more heavy than those he got from people in HKG. He is known and reported with the HKG police. If he is still alive it is a miracle with the enemies he makes with his antics. He is a smooth talker with seemingly good ideas/plans but remember one thing; never, ever trust him. Never give him a penny.

• Ar
    Archer18 Mar 04, 2013

I'm quite satisfied with all your comments here, currently I'm chasing the MetroDeal refund account for the system error that caused a double charged in my visa account. It's been a month since I have informed and coordinating this refund, same saying they'll provide me the virtual fund account for my future purchase. I'm expecting and hopefully they able to comply this week.

Archer18

• Ka
    kat_da_alchemist05 Mar 06, 2013

Hhhhmmmm... I haven't purchase anything yet, but I'm always checking MetroDeal's website to check for promos and stuff. And I'm actually planning on booking something. But I guess that's not happening anymore! I don't want the 'hassle' that comes with dealing with them.

analisa zapanta Mar 26, 2013

I hate metrodeal... ive been trying to contact the traders of what ive purchased its either they dint answer or can't be reach or they can't even the product on the said time..., , this is my first and last...and I trully regret purchasing thru metrodeal...

• Te
    Techsol Mar 27, 2013

We purchased 2 tickets to Palawan and they failed to deliver and they never gave us the money back at all saying we have credits. we live in NewZealand and we are going over again and I am asking for a refund or a trip in lieu of but nothing has happened to date for well over a year . I want sone one to go over and smash their fking heads in their address is 18F Enterprise Centre Tower 1 6766Alaya Ave cor Paseo de Roxas entrance Dela Rosa Street They are nothing but abunch of bastrds and my adice is no one to deal with bunch of unscrupuluous ###

• La
    ladycai Mar 27, 2013

got the same problem with metrodeal. purchased a voucher for a trip to Palawan way back 2011 and when i contacted the travel provider, they said that this metrodeal did not transferred the funds. we have been in going back and forwards with these creepy people whoever they are but they can only give us credits which unfortunately up to now we haven't used it because the deal that we wanted has gone up and they wanted us to pay more. of course with a very bad experience with them how can you trust them the second time. people who read this especially those who are in Philippines should totally ban this metrodeal and if they have a way to go to the cops and lock up these scammers.

• Fi
    Filipino Hater Mar 27, 2013

Dont worry folks I have heard enough of these scammers I am goin round there shoortly and will take with me a piece of 4x2 and slam the ### against the wall I think they are a pieces of shyte and they are nothing but liars and theives the lot of them is there any one out there that else that thinks the same id like to know . As I live in Australia can any one tell me is their any Fair Trading Tribunal or a court we can take these unscrupulous theifs to if can you post it here I am going over there to collect these people. I hate Phillinos they are all shyt the lot look what they did to our Australian military man with those ### in south kept him hostage for 15 months Id bomb the whole place the place is ### and the Metro Deal is more shyt BTW Dont any one bother going for aholiday as you will be really pissed off about the pace they have no clue about any thing at all

• Fi
    Filipino Hater Mar 27, 2013

Take it from me folks METRO Deal is a Total Scam My Advice is dont any one buy off them they are totla cons . We are the lucky ones we claimed on Insurance METRO DEAL IS A TOTAL SCAM DONT BUY FROM THEM AT ALL and please any one else with our exp please tell every one bnot to deal with the unscrupulous dealers we are both christians and bot us are taught not hate any one but its hard NOT to hate Metro Deal

Sacmmer Spy Mar 27, 2013

I know Wayne Favell he is a total conman. He is well known in Hong Kong and the Philipines for ripping off people for serious amounts of money. He first did his tricks in the Philipines. When it got too hot under his feet (people were after him...) he went to Hong Kong around mid-2000 to rip people off there. He then went back to the Philipines to pay off the people he owed money there as he is a scared little [censored] and the threats from there were a lot more heavy than those he got from people in HKG. He is known and reported with the HKG police. If he is still alive it is a miracle with the enemies he makes with his antics. He is a smooth talker with seemingly good ideas/plans but remember one thing; never, ever trust him. Never give him a penny.

• Jh
    jhoan05 Apr 24, 2013

I totally agree with all the comments here agout Metrodeal being incompetent. I'm asking for a refund for the Fsalon vouchers that I purchased. First of all, the voucher that I bought worth 999 is in reality 599 only. The foot spas that I purchased is not being accepted Fsalon bec. of their issues with Metrodeal. Please please please don't buy from Metrodeal again these people are huge scammers!

• Ha
    hateyou Apr 29, 2013

METRODEAL is in the business of getting people's money, PERIOD. The deal they were selling -- Japanese Buffet for P599 is available at the hotel for P599. NO DEAL. Give me back my money ###s!

chefjacque May 01, 2013

metrodeal is a scam.i bought a galaxy s3 mini and they didnt handover the item.its 14999 saying it has a discount but it doesnt even i lost the money their reputation and trust is unworthy

• Sc
    scotishdj Jun 26, 2013

dont blame the Filipinos its all down to a Mr Wayne Favell. He is a complete conman. He has been conning people around asia for the last 10 years +. He is wanted by police in Hong Kong and if they dont get him the locals will. I think he lies so much he has lost all grip on reality. He used to tell people he was George Bush seniors bodyguard and used to take him whoring around Makati. What a tool.

• Me
    MetroWorstDeal Aug 22, 2013

Now i know why they keep on declining my request of refund. Metro deal is totally a scam. Don't purchase anything from them. Actually, i just received an email from them a while ago telling me that they can't grant my request because it's merely "change of mind". But my point is, i made a request for cancellation of my order 3 days after i made a purchased and the furniture were not yet delivered until now because the delivery starts on August 27, 2013. I know my right as an online buyer, "You have seven days to change your mind and cancel your purchase. This is true whenever you buy goods outside a shop - for example by phone, fax, mail order or on the internet. The seven-day period starts from the moment you receive the goods." I think, I'm only wasting my time with them. I keep on telling them that they can double or triple their income if they can give the customer satisfaction. I will never ever visit their site anymore.

• Al
    Alli_ Aug 29, 2013

I need help on how to delete my creditcard details/information from metrodeal.com. I have purchased a restaurant voucher from them months ago. Once is enough. I don't think metrodeal is a safe website. I feel my credit card is NOT safe with them. Once you log in to your account there is no details to delete payment info, you can only edit your name and address. After reading so many negatives reviews about metrodeal...I don't want to ever purchase from them anymore.

• Em
    EmTee2 Sep 24, 2013

Anyone who was able to receive the promise credits? there was a failed transaction but after a month a promised credits is still "pending"

• Je
    jennelyn Sep 25, 2013

METRO DEAL IS TOTALLY SCAM..DONT TRUST THEIR ADVERTISEMENT. They will just deceive you and trap to their big promo discount and whatsoever but all our is fake.

• Yh
    yhamyam Jan 08, 2014

my gosh i order a while a go buti nlang otc ako sa sm dept ako magbabayd sana buti nalng. nabasa ko lahat eto...they give me deadlines to pay..buti dpa ko ngbayad..

thnx sanyo...

• He
    Henry11 Jan 22, 2014

Totally true lahat ng complaints. Basahin nyo na lang dito http://precktazman.blogspot.ae/2011/07/metrodeal-review-metrodeal-referral-is.html

• Na
    Naja Liza Mar 09, 2014

METRODEAL is a total SCAM. NO to MARY PAULINE SALON. I’ve bought 999 worth of Rebond+Treatment+Haircut at Mary Pauline Salon-Pasong Tamo Branch which they say is originally priced at 6, 500 and made reservation 1 week after the date of purchase. I was schedule at 10AM which is there opening time. I was the first customer to get there but unfortunately the last one to go home at 6PM. The staff who is supposed to do my hair arrived at 2PM and even forgot my schedule.When they reminded him, he just says that I wait till he’s done with the other girl which he started doing. Fortunately another staff was free at around 3PMso she did my hair. Imagine when she finished rebonding my hair, the staff who is supposed to do my hair just finished also with the other customer. I’ve waited hours and hours for their service and even missed lunch. When I checked their price list of services the voucher I have bought is not really worth6, 500 but 999-soft rebond or 1499-rebond with treatment. I didn’t get any hair cut or trim. They even said I need to pay additional 600 for Keratin Treatment because the treatment offered in the deal is just detox. The employees are unfriendly and are uncaring towards their customer. I will never ever purchase in Metrodeal again and will never ever go to any Mary Pauline Salon. I truly regret purchasing their service.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

• Na
    Naja Liza Mar 09, 2014

METRODEALis a total SCAM. NO to MARY PAULINE SALON. I’ve bought 999 worth ofRebond+Treatment+Haircut at Mary Pauline Salon-Pasong Tamo Branch which theysay is originally priced at 6, 500 and made reservation 1 week after the date ofpurchase. I was schedule at 10AM which is there opening time. I was the firstcustomer to get there but unfortunately the last one to go home at 6PM. Thestaff who is supposed to do my hair arrived at 2PM and even forgot my schedule.When they reminded him, he just says that I wait till he’s done with the othergirl which he started doing. Fortunately another staff was free at around 3PMso she did my hair. Imagine when she finished rebonding my hair, the staff whois supposed to do my hair just finished also with the other customer. I’vewaited hours and hours for their service and even missed lunch. When I checkedtheir price list of services the voucher I have bought is not really worth6, 500 but 999-soft rebond or 1499-rebond with treatment. I didn’t get any haircutor trim. They even said I need to pay additional 600 for Keratin Treatment becausethe treatment offered in the deal is just detox. The employees are unfriendly andare uncaring towards their customer. I will never ever purchase in Metrodealagain and will never ever go to any Mary Pauline Salon. I truly regretpurchasing their service.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

• Al
    Alan_C Jun 23, 2014

I bought 2 Samurai LED watches which was supposed to be delivered after a week, It has been more than a month, and i've still not receive the items. After a lot of email exchanges with their customer support from the day they missed their delivery (blaming their supplier), ended advising their intention to reverse the payment instead. Its been a week, and again back to waiting.

• Un
    unlike cebupacific Apr 28, 2015

Metrodeal really really sucks! I bought vouchers, an accomodation at D'Zone backpackers Inn in tagaytay city a year ago. Called, texted the inn but to no avail--no reply received. These went on for 2days of calling and texting the inn. I wanted to block my preferred date but the inn just ignored all my effort to reach them. Until I decided to refund my payment. Metrodeal would only convert it to promised credits to buy their other products. Using these credits, I bought this electronic digital scale which is overpriced compared to the malls' price. Also, I have the gut feeling not to continue any transaction using my online credit card bec when I tried to pay online, I was forewarned that a 3rd party may be able to read my card information. That was alarming. Will not transact with metrodeal again.

Mariey May 07, 2015

OmG. How can we stop MetroDeal from selling an imitation and so not working stuffs. I bought a Vaccum Cleaner JK8 from them and it does Not even suck a powder the first time I use it, only consuming a lot of electricity.
    NEVER BUY PRODUCTS WHO'S SELLER IS BEAU WORLD!!

Mariey May 07, 2015

OmG. How can we stop MetroDeal from fooling their consumers. Most of the gadgets or items are not working. I bought a Vaccum Cleaner JK8 and it does Not even suck a powder on my first use. I emailed them and there was no reply, while we were exchanging emails 2days before the delivery.
    NEVER BUY ANY PRODUCT WHO'S SELLER IS BEAU WORLD, ITEMS ARE IMMITATIONS AND SCAMS!!!

Charot Jul 16, 2015

Can we file a complaint to SEC against Metrodeal?

Joypi Jan 17, 2016

Did anyone receive their refund from metrodeal? My boyfriend and I got the same problem.. It been 2months since we're asking for our refund..they haven't delivered our purchased product so they suggested if we could just replace it for another voucher or we can refund our money if we want to. And due to this big disappointment we asked for our refund but didn't get any reply from them at all.. These people are scammers!

• Ne
    Nesty Faith Feb 01, 2016

What a big scam. I will never ever purchase from this metrodeal. I learned a big lesson here..gggrrr!!!

Noreah Feb 04, 2016

I bought a metrodeal voucher for P 4, 999.00 via credit card last December 2015. Unfortunately, the date I wanted to be booked was not available. So I ended up requesting for a refund, which appears to be the worst decision I ever made.

Dec 19 2015 - I contacted metrodeal for the refund, and I was advised 7-14 business days for the request to be processed. Three days after, the voucher has been cancelled.

Jan 20 2016 - I've been checking my online banking everyday, but not a cent refunded. So I waited for my Jan SOA to verify this. Unfortunately, the latest SOA issued Jan 20 still had no refund provided. I then sent a follow up email to Carlo, the metrodeal staff who promised me that the amount would be refunded within 14 business days. I also called up the metrodeal hotline to follow it up. I spoke with Anna, who passed me to Carlo. Over the phone, he said that the transaction has been cancelled and the refund was approved last Jan 12. I was told to WAIT FOR ANOTHER 14 BUSINESS DAYS and I should contact the issuing bank for a follow up if the amount was still not showing after that. If this was true, how come he didn't advised me that it was approved last Jan 12 when I sent him an email?

Jan 26 2016 - I sent an email to my issuing bank. They have advised me the same thing, to wait. However, they told me that I could file a dispute if the amount was still not refund after the 14 business days timeframe. All I need is to fill out a form and attach a cancellation letter to prove that the transaction has been cancelled, and the amount has been refunded. The bank will process the dispute in 5 banking days.

Feb 3 2016 - Today is the 15th business day from Jan 12. And still, no refund received. I called up the metrodeal hotline and spoke with Jay, who told me that the amount has been refunded and AGAIN, I SHOULD WAIT TIL THE NEXT SOA, which would be Feb 20. Well, I've been waiting for two months now. I also asked him to send me a copy of the cancellation memo. But he refused and said that they can't provide it because this was a bank to bank transaction. So I sent an email to Carlo again, to ask for the cancellation memo, letter or any proof to confirm that the transaction has been cancelled.

I am currently waiting for metrodeal's response. They weren't very helpful and kept on telling me the same thing over and over again, to wait. I am so tired and fed up. Waiting for 2 months is unacceptable.

If you're looking at buying anything on metrodeal, please think twice. I am writing this complaint to inform everyone how awful it was to request for a refund at metrodeal. I would never ever buy anything from them again.

pr0c0nsumer Jan 27, 2017

I bought a voucher for a spa treatment recently, when I went there wala daw yung promo na yun. Kaya BEWARE! Matagal pa nga refund nila. Marami na nga tong report sa DTI. Ewan ko ba bakit di pa to nashutdown!

pr0c0nsumer Jan 27, 2017

Calling SASCHA GONNERMAN - Vice President Sales and Marketing at MetroDeal - Fix your system!

• To
    Tofi_Al Jan 27, 2017

Salamat po sa pag-share nito. Ako case ko naman sa Phones and Gadgets 27 F Enterprise Bldg, Ayala, Makati-- sa may REGUS. may vouchers na binenta ang Metrodeal pero wala na yung product mismo dun. Mapaglinlang. Sobrang tagal pa soli pera mo. May kasabayan ako same din ngyayari sa kanya ngayon. Di kasi ngtitake responsibility ang Metrodeal pinapasa sa seller pero sila din naman ang at fault. MAgsesend na rin ako ng reklamo sa DTI Board, salamat sa pagshare ulit

prima888 Nov 21, 2017

@Tofi_Al Customer service of Metrodeal sucks! They will not refund you the money. Any news on what happened to DTI reports? I want to file a complaint too. My husband works for NBI and will file a complaint there too even if its just a small amount. It is not acceptable on how they scam buyers. Please BEWARE OF CASA PALASYO CATERING SERVICE. It's not worth the money which I paid for and now they're passing this on to their seller. CASA PALASYO's owner named Abby is absolutely rude and very unprofessional! For an order of 50pax the food came in a grab car! I've had previous caterers before but the food was brought by a van. It was embarrassing on the day of the event! I talked to Abby of CASA PALASYO but she was really rude and resort to reporting it to Metrodeal but so far nothing happened! If you want to file a complaint to NBI please let me know as my husband works there. I'll definitely need a lot of testimonies from you guys or you also need to file a complaint. The more the better and Metrodeal can be put in the news.