L P C CARDCredit card fraud

R

Sale rep. Call me with credit card offer, i did say yes to what i was offered over the phone, but when i got the card an the cardholder membership agreement. After reading the agreement only to realize what was said to me over the phone was totally diffrent. I then call the number that was listed on the form, i waited on hold for ten minutes before costomer service agent came on the phone, he then ask me for some personel information an i told him i did not want the card, he told me to throw the card away an hang the up the phone in a very hostle manner they took two hundred & fifty dollars from my account, i would a full refund. I then call my attoney

• Co
    connie May 27, 2008

i'm so glad there are web sites like this one. I got the card in the mail and came here to check it out, being scamed right now to me and my young family would have been devasting

• Gr
    graziela sauceda Sep 30, 2008

all i want is to get out of this miss, i was so dum, i will never do this kind of scam again. i need help getting out of this if there is any body out that can help me, please do. thanks.graziela. 9, 28 07.

Angela P Oct 28, 2008

I received a pre-approval letter in the mail yesterday. I went online to see if there was any merchandise I would like to purchase on credit. I was aware of the $79 non-refundable activation fee and was willing to pay it if the products were worth purchasing. However, I could only see thumbnails online and called to find out if I could view the products prior to making a decision. I was told I could only see the products and descriptions AFTER I paid at total of $199 (activation fee and $120 membership fee?.
    I thought, okay, I will join and if not happy with the prices or quality I would cancel. However, I was asked to give my checking account info to have monies automatically debited from my account. NOT!
    Naturally, I decided to not participate in this program.
    My advise, stay away unless you have no chance of getting any sort of credit somewhere else and don't mind giving away $200 with the hope that this company is legitimate.

Anthony Oct 29, 2008

I figured it had to be a scam... A $7, 500 credit limit plus all the fees that apply? Plus, everything applies to your bank (at first I didn't know what the fine print meant). The LPC site is legit at first look, though.. Also, on the paper it says you have the unsecured credit line for "shopping with us." So you'd have to purchase their products instead of using it as a real credit card. So... wtf kind of credit card was this? FAKE. Completely.

jake Oct 29, 2008

thanks everyone. i got one of these in the mail yesterday, i am shedding it as i type

• Se
    Sean Oct 30, 2008

I just got an offere in the mail... trashed it!!!

• We
    Wendi Oct 31, 2008

Thank you for posting yor experience with this credit card company. I just shredded it. The papers had FRAUD written all over them!!!

• Ke
    kelly moore Nov 01, 2008

I just emailed the company (i did Not join) and said i just reviewd all the consumer complaints about this card and not one was positive. I went on to say that I am surprised that this has been allowed to go on for so long and after reading all the negative comments I am not interested. Their response-"they would get back in two days"!

• Mi
    mike holbert Nov 11, 2008

These people got me! All I was tryimg to do was rebuild my credit. They now have $200 of my money and I am screwed. I looked at the items they offer only to find that they are refunbished, second rate brands. Who wants a refurbished TV? My advice is to stay away from this scam and their fast talking sales people. I only hope that I can get this cancelled without anymore deductions from my account. If you are trying to rebuild your credit, I would suggest using your $200 to get a secured credit card throung a bank that has a visa or mastercard logo on it. DONT BE FOOLED. THEY DONT REPORT TO ANY CREDIT BUREAU. THIS IS NOT A CREDIT CARD INTHE TRADITIONAL SENCE!!

• Sh
    Shelli Nov 12, 2008

I got scammed this last week. I got the preapproval in the mail, called to check it out, agreed to a $79 activation fee and a refundable $120 charge that I could get back if I cancelled...I call to cancel four days later and they tell me I must wait for the packet in the mail to receive a refund of the $120. I am pissed but agree to call once I receive the packet in the mail but ask for an extension in the refund period as the deadline is three days after receiving the package...I call once I receive the package in the mail and tell them I want to cancel and the proceed to tell me that I have two options now. I can get my refund of $120 and still pay $98 on Jan. 1st 2009 and $98 on Feb. 1st 2009 or I can not get my $120 refunded and not pay the two consecutive monthly payments. WHAT? This is the first time anyone has brought up the two other payments of $98! I am so furious. Its almost Christmas I have two small kids, it was already going to be hard to get them anything...now?! I didn't agree to either refund package as I was tooo pissed yesterday but I am afraid I will call and won't agree to give me my $120 and still take the other moeny out of my bank. So I lost $79 + $120 to this scam. This company should not be legal. The magazine look so phoney and fake. ERRR

• Sh
    Shelli Nov 12, 2008

PS they keep referring to the "contract" that you agreed to. They are so scandalous! PS they only have ONE number. They will not let you speak to a manager or give you any other number. The only info they gave me was a PO Box in Los Angelos, California.

• Ca
    Cassandra Walker Nov 12, 2008

I wanted to make a complaint against lpc card company because I feel that I'm being scammed. I paid them $45 to set up my account with them. I want my money back.

• Ba
    baher Nov 13, 2008

do you guys have their phone number by any chance? i did not even apply for this credit card but they charged me 299...

• He
    Henry Nov 18, 2008

Wow my sister recieved one of this lpc card with a 7500 credit limit> she doesn't know why they sended her that card she didn't ask for it, i told her throw it away>this people need to be stop..

• Be
    Betty Nov 18, 2008

My husband just handed me his letter he got in the mail from this company. Of course, it contained all offers and info found in your comments. I read through the whole letter and was NOT impressed. I went to their site to browse their catalogue only to find you have to "activate" to see what they offer...RED FLAG!!! It is by pure accident that I found this site. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave comments. Had it not been for your consideration my husband and I would probably have fell into financial ruin. Again, thanks!

• Kr
    kristie martinez Nov 21, 2008

I wa very to see I got approval on a credit card at first. Then I opened the letter and it said that I was pre-approved for $7, 500 and at that point and time I said there is no way and I will check it out. So I checked the website out and thought why do I have to use the card only for their product. SO i then googled the credit card company and saw so many bad things about it. So I read them and now it is in the trash. Thanks to people who want to alert others about scams.

• Ra
    Rayell Willard Nov 24, 2008

Preapproved a credit card which I did not apply for.

• Pa
    panbox04769 Nov 29, 2008

i absolutely know that they are FRAUDALENT!!! I had the same exsperiance of recieving the letter looking online to see the merchandise i could buy and they were just thumbnails. I should have thought to myself right there that there was something up with that? but bein a little nieve and christmas rollin around i thought it was a good idea. I applied for my account over the phone. A lady with a fast foreign sounding voice asked me a lot of personal questions. i mean personal. the usual name, address, bdate, social, bank account #, then routin#, was a little iffy giving that out but did it anyway. then she started asking me the location and address of my bank why would she need to know that? that was finished she told me i would be billed $199 act. fee at this certain date and they took it out before that time! causing me to overdraft they did that 3 times before i even put my money in the bank. lets just say my pay day wasn't a pay day! i received $ 14 an some change that day. im a mother of 2 i work full time so you just imagine how nice that was. i tried calling that day and didn't get through to anyone. so i went online and put a cancellation on my account. two weeks later they tried taking out the $79 fee on an unscheduled date again. and the same thing happened they tried 2 or 3 more times and caused me more overdraft fees. no one even called me from that company to see why they couldn't recieve the money. u think they would call? so i said screw them!!! and changed my account infomation my bank accountant even told me they sounded fraudulant. just 2 days ago i received a bank statement stating that i was overdrafted 79.95 the name was platnum card. they did again. they got my new information and tried to withdrawl it again. how can they do that i cancelled my account no one called me to ask me why. and they still tried to take my money there after! PLEASE WHATEVER U DO DON'T DO IT THEY WILL GET U TOO!!!1

• Am
    Amanda Rose Dec 02, 2008

Thank you so much i was about to be a fool to try this scam...Something just told me google comments and rating about the offer i recieved as well.You guys are a life saver and thanks for taking the time out to warn others. I am a mother of two and definately need to avoid getting into unessessary debt. i hope everything gets cleared with everyone who took time out to let people know the truth...Thank you and God Bless!!!

• To
    Tony Dec 02, 2008

Man, yall saved me from tryin this ### out. I knew it was something crazy about this ### when I seen that 7, 500 limit. So I just felt I had to say somethin cuz if nobodysaid nothin i might have got on this ###.
    THANKS A LOT!!!

• La
    Lakeisha Dec 03, 2008

Okay so I looked though all of your complaints and was really surprised on how this whole LPC card works. I am so happy that I read this before giving my money away to some low lives. I also reported them to a fraud website. So hopefully nobody else has to go through this crap!

karen Dec 04, 2008

I am so thankful that you guys actually care about other people and don't want nobody else to fall in the same trap you did. I was online to register until I just seen all these comments. You all are life savers thanks again.

KatKimm Dec 04, 2008

I had the same experience, I was fortunate enough not to give them my bank info, but I sent them out a $45.00 money order and never, even got a "welcome package". This was about 2 weeks ago. I am very pissed. I am a mom of a very young son, I don't work and my husband doesn't make much. We barely make ends meet, I thought this would be a good thing, we would have a credit card, to rebuild our credit and buy my son a cool xmas gift. Now I have a card that is worthless and I am out $45.00. I am thankful not to have given them my checking account info, however, $45.00 to my family is like $300.00 to other families...

• De
    Derek Dec 06, 2008

Obviously, This is "Scam". I don't even know how they get all of my personal information. We might need to think about Class Action against this unbelievable credit card wanna be company. I never heard about LPC. We need to stop these bad guys to steal Money from us in the name of "Credit" otherwise they will take advantage of us. Anyone already filed lawsuit? or FBI already started investigating these unethical probably illegal business conducts? I'm glad you guys confirmed my suspicious mind. God bless you all.

Anthony Dec 07, 2008

yea guys this is ###. I would like to thank each and everyone who posted info about this company. my heart goes out to those who lost funds needed at this time of the year. I hope things get better. As far as legal action those of you who signed a contract reread the contract ask them for a copy, If they refuse to give you one, go to your local courthouse and file a aDoc 1128-9 form and take them to small claims court. be advised however they may not show up and might be a waste of time but it could definately be worth a shot. If you would like more info you can Email me at [email protected]
    www.bozemangrapevine.com

• R8
    r8chelg Dec 09, 2008

thank you all so much for posting. i just got this letter and being single mom of two working my butt off full time i was tempted with christmas coming. these people victimize people with good hearts trying to make their families happy. it is such a shame. thank god we are all getting wise enough to check things out.
    Look out too for scam companies trying to collect on old debts. they are hot right now with the economy bad. they send you a letter saying you wrote a bad check like 8 years ago and try to collect on it. most of the time people didn't even write a bad check. they cannot collect but will threaten scary stuff. check out the laws and keep using the internet as the beautiful tool that it is.
    much gratitude to you all! BE WELL AND PROSPER!

• Tr
    Tree Dec 31, 2008

My brother in law received this fraudulent offer in the mail and asked me to "check it out" to see if it was legit. I am just leaving this post, as so many others did, to inform others that this is a SCAM. I am very grateful that so many have taken the time out to warn others of about this so-called company.

• Boo Dec 31, 2008

I have just got off the phone with my bank, and they have been great in trying to get my money back.
    We'll see if it works in a few days. They got me. The LPC card people that is. I never would have guessed it could be so easy to get scammed. If anyone that has got scammed by these people would like to start some sort of petition to get them investigated by the BBB let me know. I am in. I am having to close my business account because of this CRAP!
    BTW Has everyone noticed that a lot of people here had different activation fee prices???? Mine was supposed to be 120- and was 139.95 ...What the hell?
    LETS GET A LAWSUIT STARTED GUYS!!!

BOO

• Boo Dec 31, 2008

I'LL SAY IT AGAIN... LET'S GET AN ACTION STARTED AGAINST THIS!!!

• Boo Dec 31, 2008

/URL removed/?q5=LPC&Search=Search&q1=ALL&q4=&q6=&q3=&q2=&q7=&searchtype=0&submit2=Search%21

Paste this link in your browser and go post there. lets make this known. Site above is [redacted]

• Ba
    BaBeka Jan 02, 2009

I just got this card two days ago, and all i can say is thank you guys, i was going for, i took my phone to call the activation and what happen i was calling them out of time shift, so they were not working that time, thanks God that save me, and now i just was curious to see what is LPC and i was surfing on their website which is ### there is nothing true, and then i search on google.com just to get the best Answers on this WebPage, thanks to all of you who are trying to help us .
    today is January 1. 2009, somebody really needs my money, but all they can get is my ### if they write their address i can post something to them .
    I hope they have no opportunity to take money since i did not activate it and they don't have my bank account information .
    Where is now FBI or anyone else to investigate this, what would happen if somebody from us find out and go kick their ###, would then FBI or POLICE DEPARTMENT put them behind bars, that's true 100%, but when they need to arrest this criminals they are on e deep sleep, it's a winter they are right ...
    If somebody knows what are this guys ready to do please write me on my email [email protected] .

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU,

• Na
    nana888 Jan 07, 2009

i really dont understand. are we really so desperate for money, that we are going to continue to fall for this sort of thing. we hear everyday about fraud AND dont give out personal info especially if it sounds too good to be true, soooo many do it any way. these kind of people look for people like us. i got a letter too, but went online first to check out the address. or better yet go to bbb.com to get info. live and learn i say.

• Ti
    Tippylu Jan 12, 2009

I am so happy I read this page before I did anything with this card. I don't know how I got it or why or how they even got my address. It looked fishy but this site confirmed my superstitions. This thing is getting chopped up and put in the trash. I am sorry about those that fell in, but I have learned from someone else's mistake this time.

• Tr
    TRJ Jan 28, 2009

I AM GLAD ALSO THAT I CAME TO THIS SITE. A FRIEND OF MINE GOT A LETTER IN THE MAIL FOR 7500 APPROVAL. I TOLD HER DONT DO IT AFTER READING THIS...

• Jl
    jlynn115 Jan 29, 2009

I got this card in the mail also and I didnt even think about looking up informationabout it online before calling and activating it. that was a big mistake! I called and activated it and started thinking about it so I decided to do some research on it and after seeing what was said I automatically called and cancelled it. from what they said when I activated it they made it sound like if I cancelled before the $79 set up fee was taken out they wouldnt take it when I called to cancel they said it would still be taken out. so because I didnt look online first im out $79 I learned my lesson. I hope anyone who gets this card in the mail will be smarter than me and look up info on it first. I hope no one else had this happen to them.

• Wi
    willstophe Feb 03, 2009

All I did was open this letter and new right away it's a scam. So I'm alright. I'm not calling the number or anything. But what I need to know is if I don't call/don't do anything am I fine?

Kathy F. Feb 04, 2009

I received their "pre-approval" in the mail this week. I never applied for this card, but received a card with my name on it stating to call and activate. I knew I didn't want this card, so I tried to find a contact number to tell them to stop sending me stuff. The only number they have is their activation number.

Turns out google helped me pull up this page and I found out this card company is bogus. Thanks to everyone who wrote on this site. I hope anyone who has been scammed gets their money back.

• Sm
    smarter than you Feb 04, 2009

I can't believe there are "credit card" companies out there that think people would fall for this OBVIOUS SCAM. Now after reading the comments posted on this website I can see why they still attempt to scam people because there are DUMB ### LIKE YOU who don't read the fine print. There would be no reason for a pre approved credit card unless you already own a card from that company and they offer to increase your line of credit. FOR GOD SAKE PEOPLE READ A BOOK!! You ###s deserve to be scammed.

• Ye
    Yeo Feb 05, 2009

I have there Customer Service Number in which you don't have to activate. But unless you lie and act all nice like you want to find out information they will just tell you to call the activation number or hang up.

LPC Card Customer Service
    1-800-760-9328

Please pass this around who ever can and hopefully it helps some of the people this pathetic company scammed.

It's just a matter of time before they get shut down by one of the government agencies.

• Rs
    rsato Feb 11, 2009

Nice! I was somewhat curious about this card since my credit was messed up and I am currently repairing it. I actually applied for a pre-pay card off a secure site and for whatever reason I received this LPC card in the mail the same day that I received my pre-pay card. Shredding the card right now after reading all these postings. Thanks!!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices