Menu

V
Author of the complaint
1:11 pm
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was looking up the ubuyez website and found this website about the body shaper I am glad I came across it I was going to be one of those people who purchase this thing then was disappointed I am so sick of people taking advantage of other people with these fake --- products since getting married I've been having problems with my weight and have been feeling unattractive with my body image this makes me want to continue with the easy way out better eating habits and plain old exercise! Thank you so much I have a family to support and don't have that kind of money to waste.

More Kymora Body Shaper complaints & reviews

63 comments
Sep 15, 2009 7:00 pm

I sent a cashiers check through my bank to order the kymora bodyshaper. They cashed my check and told me they never received my cashiers check, therefore I didn't even receive a product to complain about. Bottom-line they jipped me out of fifty dollars. Whatever you do don't buy this product!

Y
Mar 26, 2015 11:42 pm

Good for awhile until a few washes then it lost its ability to hold. I complained to the company and was told that I shouldn't have put it in the dryer. I ordered another one avoided the dryer, but still stretched to the point of useless. Definitely not worth the money

Y
Dec 10, 2014 8:00 am

I am so sorry to hear that so many of you have had problems with this product. However, I am 245 most of my weight is in my stomach area. I ordered this product and I have not had any problems with it. I ordered a 2x and it fit fine as well as the bottoms, they fit like pantty hoises. I came across this site becasue I was trying to find another one. I have had this shaper for four years and have worn it almost every day. I have had to wash it on my hands. Sometimes it would get thrown in the dryer, but it still held it's shape.

Mar 26, 2014 9:22 am

I guess I disagree with the majority of people who don't like the product but, I love it. I've been using them for several years now while losing weight and going down sizes. I don't know if it makes me look 20 pounds thinner but it does make me look smoother. There are no rolls or bumps. I actually found this site while looking for a new way to purchase a new body shaper.

Yes, I love it! I love it! I love it!

Aug 19, 2011 1:19 am

I purchased this item at Walmart and it definately does not do what it is advertised to do. It made no difference at all. I contacted the company and they have not responded. Terrible product and terrible customer service. Save your money!

S
Jul 25, 2011 2:13 pm

I absolutely LOVE this product! I don't go a day without wearing one. I own 7! People having issues with them, try different sizes.. Yes, it took a few days to get used to it because it felt a little restricting on my body of course but now it's like a second skin and it never bothers me, always gives me a great shape and super flat tummy! Could be happier! PS- never ever ever put them in the dryer! They will lose their strength!

Feb 01, 2011 4:28 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

thank GOD i ran across this site i was online looking for the body shaper site ready 2 purchase & ran across this site i work hard for my money so how upset i would have been 2 just throw it away... thank u so much for the comments ladies you all have definitely changed my mind

Feb 01, 2011 4:22 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

thank god i ran across this site i was online looking 4 the the site 2 purchase me a bodyshaper i am so glad that i ran across this one first thanks ladies u have definitely changed my mind

I got on here to check out the info about the Kemora Body Shaper but after seeing the commercials and talking w/others it is more hiding a small pouch and if you are a big girl or bigger size, its not going to hide a big stomach. I used to be size 26, I am now a size 16. I kept telling my self, I can't do this. I will be Size 26 till I die. Well guess what I thankfully have a wonderful husband that decided to tell me the truth. When he meet me I was a size 20, but I'm also 5'9 1/2 so I carry my weight well. But, after years of being in a relationship, eating at home, watching movies late night and being comfortable with who you are with, you forget about your weight. Men they can eat all day and never seem to gain a pound. Well, we had a baby I weighed 296 pounds day of delivery. My husband was there for every child visit and never said anything about my weight. Well, at the last check, I weighed 280 pounds, he sit me down when we got home and said lets get a gym membership & promised to help me work out. He loved how I was but said he was upset with hearing me get upset about couldnt wear anything, didnt want to go out anymore, and didnt want to go around anyone. Well, now I have been working out for 2 years since our daughter was born. I look good, and I basically just wanted to send this to let others know. YOU CAN DO IT WITH OUT KEMORA'S HELP. I HAVE BEEN THERE. I WAS AT MY LOWEST POINT AND COULDNT WEAR ANYTHING AND WAS EMBARRASED WHEN I HAD TO WALK INTO THE PLUS SIZE, NOW I CAN PROUDLY WALK INTO MISSES AND EVEN JUNIORS.

Jan 08, 2011 3:44 pm

I purchased it, and now returning back!***Sigh**

Jan 08, 2011 3:40 pm

I purchased it also, and returning it back!

Nov 22, 2010 7:47 pm

I concur with all the comments above. Yes it rides the butt, no nothing is free, and yes it's a scam. When I spoke with a customer service rep (after waiting an hour on the phone) I was told to soak the top in fabric softer and lay it flat to dry for a better fit. Lady the top is to small, I ask her if she wears the garment she advised "no" but people in office wears the garment and advised that this was the solution. Why should there be a solution when you guarantee your product. Ladies don't fall for the hype this garment is a piece of crap. 2010-11-22 Cynthia

I ordered this product(shaper & bottoms)...they sent me 5x and 6x(way too big!)...no return slip, so i need to pay for shipping and handling for my exchange...the product did not come in time...paid extra for quick shipping and that didn't happen...now i need an exchange for a smaller size and it has not happened yet...it was easy to get someone on the phone to order it, but you can't get anyone on the phone for anything else...i have been out for surgery and i have nothing but time...I have been trying to get a live person on the phone and I haven't got anyone yet...I have watched a movie and no one ever answered the phone...they were experiencing a high call volume...hahahahaha, but if you try to order, you get someone immediately...I will never order anything else on TV...the free gifts are not free...in fact they are not worth the shipping and handling!

Nov 20, 2010 2:44 pm

Ladies, I am wondering if any of you have ever called the better business bureu about these issues with refunds, and no product being delivered. I was considering purchasing one of these from Wal-greens, and am now second guessing my decission, I am going to check out JC Pennies to see what they have to offer in a similar product. For those who are trying to sell these and other women your quick fix products shame on you! They are preventing others from falling for a scam and all you can see is opportunity, shame shame shame on YOU!

Oct 12, 2010 2:01 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I ordered the Kymora Body Shaper top and of course they talked me into the bottom for just 9.95 processing fee, and then another top and bottom (in black) for 9.95 each piece and then a cami for 9.95. When they arrived I tried on only one item and did not like the fabric and it really didn't do too much. I called to see what to do to get a refund. The young lady told me to keep the other items because they legally cannot take them back because they don't know it I wore them or not. I told her that the items were still in boxes sealed. Anywho, I later called to find out about my refund and they told me I was only receiving back 29 dollars of the 79 I gave. The lady this time said that I should have known that the other items were free gifts and I only paid for processing fees therefor would not be refunded. I did manage to get back another 19.95 but I think that there should be some type of regulation where you have to be told on the order line when you call or on the website before you push purchase that those items cannot be returned and your money will not be refunded. Girls- Do not buy this item unless you have tried on a friends and know you like it.

F

I bought this product last week and I could not be happier. I always buy one size larger with this type of product and the fit is much more confortable.

I am surprised at all the negative comments. Mine has not rolled. It feels just great.

FM

May 11, 2010 10:41 am

I use both the black and the neutral Kymora body shaper, it makes my clothes fit better and the lines smoother especially in the back, I like that it cuts out for the bra area and it has the full back as other body shapers tend to roll down, its was worth every penny to me and all the friends I recommended it to.

Apr 02, 2010 9:41 am

I know what you mean. Bed Bath & Beyond was selling it too. A friend tried the Kimora and had a horrible time with it. She had such trouble getting it on, let alone getting it off. One lady said she had to take a scissor and cut it dorw the side to get it off. The company wont even refund my friends money or give her a larger size. I then told her about Body Magic. It was not expensive at all. OMG she looked so great in it. She went from a 48inch waist to a 39inch. Email me for more info [email protected]

A

Thank you all for the feedback! I was about to order this product but ran across this site while trying to look up "ubuez.com". I have seen the informercial several times and figured why not buy this product, it looks great for the price. I have a friend selling the body magic and have seen the wonders it does. However, I figured I would get this product for less and it would do the same, boy am I glad I didn't buy it before seeing this site. I have recently gained weight do to health issues and medication I am taking. I am about to go on a cruise and want to look good. I love to shop for clothes but haven't been in the mood to try things on, because of the weight gaine i am not happy with my body and just not feeling up to shopping and trying on clothes. Anyway, I am going to pay the $150.00 and buy the Ardyss Body Magic shaper from my friend! I guess the saying is very true "you get what you pay for"! I know I will get what I pay for with the body magic, lots of my friends are wearing it and u truly see great results.

N
Feb 18, 2010 11:35 am

Thank you very much I was just about to order this product and I am so glad I ran across this site first!

CALL ME ASAP I HAVE THE SULOTION TO YOUR PROBLEMS BODYMAGIC [protected] BROOK

B

HI LADIES I UNDERSTAND THAT YOU GUYS ARE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THE SHAPER ITS NOT GIVING YOU RESULTS THAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR.. I HAVE A SOLUTION TO YOUR PROBLEMS.. ITS CALLED BODYMAGIC! IT MAKES YOU LOOK GREAT WITH ANYTHING YOUR WEARING AND MAKES YOU LOSE 2-3 DRESS SIZES IN MINS. IT SOUNDS UNBELIEVEABLE..BUT UNLIKE THE SHAPER YOU CAN GET SIZED AND YOU CAN TRY IT ON BEFORE BUYING IT.. BELIEVE ME IT WORKS! SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES! E-MAIL ME IF INTERESTED IN THE PRODUCT! DONT BE SCARED TO TRY IT. IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE! BETTER THAN ANY SHAPER YOU EVER SEEN. NO SHAPER MAKES YOU LOSE WEIGHT, OR GIVES YOU THAT COKE BOTTLE FIGURE FOR LIFE! OTHER PRODUCTS MAKES YOU LOOK GOOD FOR THE TIME BEING. BODYMAGIC HELPS YOU! JUST LET IT

Nov 13, 2009 4:54 pm

THANK YOU all so much for warning me off this product. I like everyone else know that eating healthy and exercising is the best way to go but I was hoping for a little "Holiday help" while I'm doing that. If it wasn't for your comments I would have ended up spending money I don't have and at a time of the year where it would be better spent on others. Thanks again for the heads up. I appreciate it!

U
Oct 30, 2009 4:05 pm

I am so upset! Do not order this product! I placed my order on September 5, 2009. I am STILL waiting on it. My credit card has been charged. When I try to call and get a status, you get sent into this vicious cycle of press 1 for this and 2 for this and after you select one, you are forced to leave a voice mail, regardless of which option you choose. It is the biggest freakin scam. I am not disputing the charges with my bank and hopefully I will be able to get my money back. At this point, I don't even want the product now. OMG I wish I new about this website prior to making that order.

D
Oct 29, 2009 10:17 pm

my mother told me to order a body shaper online and i did. i gave my measurement but the product i recieved didnt fit at all. so i returned the product and ask for a bigger size, and yet they gave me the same product. so i thought of returning the product and get my money back, but all i got was the 39.95 out of 80.00 i spendt on the shipping and all the other charges. HELL WIT! YOU ...DO NOT ORDERED FROM THIS COMPANY ...

Oct 25, 2009 9:25 pm

Thank you ladies..I saw the commerical early this morning and was going to put in my budget to get one to wear for holiday parties. I was in TX last week and my friend had a body shapper that I tried on and it provided a very smooth, tuck in kind of look. I believe it was called Ardyss Body Magic and you must purchase it at a private party. If you want more information contact [email protected]

V
Oct 25, 2009 12:29 pm

Ladies and Gentleman, talk to someone anyone about ARDYSS BODY MAGIC. YOUR body, not Sally's down the street is measured for YOUR garment! You are then placed in the appropriate type of garment for YOUR BODY shape. This garment provides shape, corrects your posture, helps you to begin to lose those unwanted things that grow around our stomachs and backs. I call them 'titties' in the back, who wants them.

Yes the garment can do what it say, but if you want REAL lasting change take the nutritional products as well and you will see a change.

Been there and done all you mentioned above. How serious am I? My direct paid for by me monthly email is
[email protected] or you can log on to my Ardyss website provided to me by the company at
www.ardysslife.com/vanessafaye Yes the company not only supports their product with a 30 day guarantee they support their distributors.

Drop me a email and regardless of where you are I will help you or find someone in your area who can!

Oct 11, 2009 7:13 pm

ATTENTION: To the person who said 4 magazines were charged thru Kymara that she didn't order and cannot get stopped...other than established companies that have been around forever like Macy's, JCPenny, Home Depot...corporations we are all familiar with...when you order online from fly-by-night companies to order these "as seen on tv" products, DO NOT use a credit or debit card. Buy a prepaid Visa card because companies cannot then sign you up for magazines or other things you are unaware of. I let my son use my debit to get a CD about government grants. The CD was supposed to be "free", just pay a $2.95 shipping charge. This company sold the info to their sister company and charged my debit card for a "vacation club membership" for $69.95 I was unaware of until I got my bank statement. I had to fight with the bank to get the charge reversed. Never again...a prepaid Visa card will not allow this! It says so in their agreement. Besides if you get a prepaid Visa for $100 and your online purchase is $90, there's no way any magazines or other items can be charged to the prepaid card as there's only ten bucks left! Plus, as I said, Prepaid Visa or Mastercard don't allow recurring charges or charges that YOU did not initiate. USE A PREPAID VISA OR MASTERCARD WHEN ORDERING FROM A FLY-BY-NIGHT COMPANY! Only use your credit or debit card to order online or by phone from places that everyone knows like JCPenney, Kohls, Sears, Home Depot, etc. These companies that sell these "as seen on tv" items are fly-by-night. Besides, most of the items are throw-away quality anyhow. I bought that "auto cooler" thing for the car...you know, it's supposed to keep the car cool on the inside when it's hot outside...piece of junk! Never worked so that was money down the drain. Use PREPAID VISA CARD to order from non-established companies and buy the card in just over the amount you plan to use. If there's a small amount left, go to Starbucks and treat yourself!

S
Sep 16, 2009 4:29 pm

glad I didnt buy it now! They kept showing a skinny girl putting it on not once was it being put on by a heavy girl!

Sep 13, 2009 6:30 pm

Spanx is the best. It really works. I was just lookin for the Kymora thing to wear for my anniversary coming up in a few weeks. I'm a size 12 but I had a baby 6 weeks ago and still have some saggy skin and want to suck it back. I guess I'll just stick with the spanx.

Sep 13, 2009 2:31 am

I LOVE MY KYMORA JEANS! Got them today and i am ordering two more pairs. Went from size 12 to 8

E
Aug 30, 2009 8:48 pm

Very expensive for what it is and now I have 4 magazines charged to me thru Kimora that I can't get STOPPED... What a mess STAY AWAY ...RIP OFF

Aug 24, 2009 3:53 pm

I will NOT order this product especailly after hearing about the POOR customer service when you have a problem with your order. My sister and I were going to order bottoms and tops so THANK YOU all for your honesty and saving us from making a mistake with these puchases.

Aug 22, 2009 5:45 am

I'm thankful for running into this site on my way to order this product online. I had my doubts b/c when the models would be speaking about how great it was (not the ladies coming out of the dressing room, the other ladies they show), if you look, while talking, you can see the back rolls that weren't there while they are posing for the camera. Slumping shoulders, pulling the clothes to purposely look dreadfull. They deliberately pull up that belly fat over the pants, and their breasts are lower in the before pic's also. Even if it does make you stand up better, it has nothing to do with the FRONT of your boobs! And viola your boobs are up and standing.
Thank you for all your warnings.

And to those mouthing off telling people to lose the weight...? Shut it! It's not your place to say ANYTHING about their body conditions! You don't know why they are like they are, or their circumstances. Did you stop to think it's people like you that they might be buying something to help? That judging us ladies go through at times pushes us to seek faster results. Besides, you are on here just like us, and if you didn't need one, you wouldn't of bought one yourself.

I bought Kymora after I bought a Spanx which has straps that connects to the bra in four areas. Two of these areas are the front of the bra and the back of the bra. It pulled my bra down and began to ruing the shape of it. I needed something to help with (due to a recent breast reduction surgery) my back. The Kymora has the back support I need and also keeps the "fat back" in place, as well as, keeping the "other rolls or muffins" tucked. No, I did not loose several sizes, but I am in smaller clothes, I have back support that I need to help me with being able to wear a "real" bra (and not one made by NASA...lol) from ANY retailer. After many years of toting 30 pounds of breast for a very long time (I'm only 37, never had children, as I have a thyroid condition which effects my weight occasionally), I feel like a new woman. I have had many compliments from the way my clothes fit and I even turned a few of my clients (I am a make-up artist & pageant consultant) onto this product. I have busted my booty since the surgery to take off weight; I even began my weight loss prior to surgery as a precaution...It doesn't happen over night, there is no magic that can make it go away, but I know when my 20th Class Reunion scheduled for Fall 2010...I plan to be AT THE SIZE I WAS WHEN I GRADUATED...I'm lovin' this product!

Aug 20, 2009 12:55 am

Honey, this doesn't work, Now the Body Magic is wonderful. Slimmed me down, lost inches and now I can fit my dresses that I once couldn't. It's great and worth the money. Go here
www.ArdyssLife.com/Secret2Shape

Aug 08, 2009 12:17 pm

This company is a SCAM. I ordered, not good quality, didn't even fit and I sent it back and they kept $20.00 of my money for FEES and PROCESSING. I paid for S & H there and back to them and they still kept it.
There is no $20.00 for processing and I wrote to the Attorney General and never heard from that office, wrote to the BBB and they had 223 complaints and stuck by their fees. Apparently, even with credit card companies, you cannot dispute these fees and they are somehow protected by them.
So if their product SUCKS, they can still make 20% off of you.
DON'T BUY FROM THEM. FILE A COMPLAINT TO THE ATTORNEY GENERAL AND THE BBB AND GET THESE PEOPLE OFF THE WEBSITE AND TV ADS. The company is a SCAM.
I never got my $20.00 back!

Aug 07, 2009 9:02 am

Terrible, Terrible! Terrible!
DO NOT BUY! TOTAL RIP OFF!
The top shaper you can't even get on!
The bottoms have no support at all!
I am returning the whole thing today! Has anyone returned this product? How long does it take to get your money back?
Shipping total rip off! I don't want the so called free item either.
The top material is stiff and uncomfortable.
I didn't see this website before I purchased the item! BIG ! BIG MISTAKE!

Hello Ladies:

I saw this "informercial" and must admit, I was beginning to buy into the hype until I decided to do some research. I am a Health, Fitness and Wellness Coach and I have to share with you that the ONLY way to reshape your body is through consistant healthy eating habits and EXERCISE.

Although it is nice to pull in the bumps and bulges with these things, but guess what? they come back as soon as you remove the shaper! Go figure!

So, as a person who coaches women with their challenges with their weight, self-confidence and self-esteem, I always tell them..." don't get it twisted" and that there are no short cuts to creating a healthy, fit mind and body!

You have to do the work!

L

Thank you ladies so much. You have just saved me money that I did not have. The informercial had me hooked I was ready to make the purchase. I have already tried the Spanx and it rolls as well.