Kyle Marquette PhotoAwful company

Kyle Marquette is a photographer for a group called We Play Crazy. He goes under the guise of wanting to branch out into photographing models but BEWARE this is just a lie! What he does is lure unsuspecting female models to his 'studio' in Downingtown PA, which is actually his apartment!!! When he invites the models in, he continuously touches them in an inappropriate manner. Two of my friends have fallen pray to him. He is a danger to all models and his actions border on illegal.

Kyle is very egotistical, often referring to models as groupies and claiming that they wanted his advances. He is a narcissist and all women should be very, very careful before embarking of photos from Kyle Marquette. He does take beautiful photos so if you must go there be sure to take a male escort for your own security.

Justlorelei Nov 15, 2008

Wonderful shoot with Kyle Marquette
    I am a professional alternative model and Suicide Girl. I did a shoot with Kyle Marquette at his home studio in Downningtown Pa. Everything I have to say about it is very positive. The whole experience went very well and I plan on working with him again. The shoot we did included a lot of nudes and I feel he handeled it with complete professionalism.
    In my opinion Kyle is a very talented, professional photographer and I don't feel that anyone needs to think twice before working with him. He openly welcomes escorts although I would feel comfortable enough to go alone. He did everything he was able to do to keep me covered whenever he wasn't shooting which many photographers wouldn't bother with.

Nikki Suicide
    Hughestown, Pennsylvania

anonymous Nov 15, 2008

This was copied and pasted from another website and whoever wrote it just changed names. Kyle Marquette is one of the most respectful people I have ever met. I am not a model, just a friend. But I do know models keep coming back for more work by him.

Justlorelei Nov 18, 2008

I am a female who has worked with Kyle Marquette on more than one occasion, both alone and with another female. He was extremely professional for every shoot, and was nothing short of a modest gentleman. Kyle was very respectful to me and to the other model.

Justlorelei Nov 20, 2008

Kyle Marquette is a professional
    I shot with Kyle Marquette last winter. I am not a novice model and have worked with many photographers. I met up with Kyle in person the day before our shoot to discuss outfits and ideas. On the day of our shoot as on the prior day, he was very professional and a gentleman. We shot in a few locations outside first and I was impressed with his ideas. While on location in the outdoors, when I needed to change outfits, I did so in his car with a blanket over me. As I did this, he was off far away testing areas that would make a great shot. And being winter in Pennsylvania, it was freezing... Kyle being the gentleman that he is, bought me coffee to stay warm :)
    We also did a few sessions in a local studio on the same day that Kyle had rented and again he made no inappropriate advances or ever made me feel uncomfortable in any way. He would check on lighting and made adjustments as I changed clothing, etc. He never even went near the changing area at the studio.
    I'm quite surprised by these accusations. Kyle treated me with the utmost respect as any other photographer I have worked with. I drove many miles to shoot with Kyle and was very happy that I did. I had a great experience with Kyle and got great images from our shoot. He has since become a friend.

Justlorelei Nov 22, 2008

While I don't personally know Kyle, I do know a few of the models that he has worked with. He has literally dozens of models on his credits list and many of them have returned for additional shoots. If he was truly doing what this person accuses him of, why would all of these models keep returning.

As a model photographer myself, I can say with authority that it is not at all unusual for photographers to shoot out of their homes. I do it myself and I do not allow escorts into my home. The models all come out okay even after multiple shoots.

My best advice to models considering working with Kyle or any other photographer is to check their references. Contact a dozen references and see what they have to say. Odds are that if a photographer was up to no good, multiple models would be telling similar stories.

Justlorelei Nov 24, 2008

Hey there. I'm 'Miss' Talia Mazzetti, an experienced model who has worked with Kyle Marquette, and would work with him again in the future. I am a published experienced model, and I've worked with all types of people. Yes Kyle does shoot his studio work from his apartment, but a lot of photographers do. It's pretty much like shooting on location. It might not be the biggest area to work with, but if the shots are quality shots, then why are we splitting hairs?

I have worked in big photography studios, on location, as well as in apartment studios. And some apartment studio photographers have been ones to give my portfolio the best shots, or those shots making publication in a magazine.

In response to Kyle inappropriately touching models, he never touched me period. Not in a way that i'm saying was appropriate that others may think otherwise, he just didn't lay a hand on me PERIOD. He was more than appropriate, gave me a bathroom to get ready and a whole room to myself to change with doors closed. He never snuck a peek, made an innapropriate comment or touched me in any way.

Kyle may work out of his apartment, and may not be the most famous or established photographer yet that he has a studio seperate from his home. However, he is one of the most appropriate photographers I've ever worked with. I'm not saying this as a friend, because Kyle and I aren't friends, so I would have nothing to hide. I'm simply a model that worked with him once, recently actually, less than a month ago ... stating the facts.

Justlorelei Nov 25, 2008

I just wanna start off by saying that Kyle did an amazing job shooting with me and was completely professional with me. He knows what he is doing and the pictures I got out of the shoot were great!

Secondly, I have been modeling since may 2006 and have done quite a few shoots. I feel that even though it was not a full studio setup, which yes is in Kyle's apartment) my results were up there in my top shoots. I was getting ready in the bathroom of his studio (completely not bothered) and he was in the other room setting up lights.

I did my usual research as I do on any photographer before I shot with Kyle. Everything checked out fine. Now that I seen this information, I feel as if another side of the story should be out there.

Kyle is a great photographer and I plan on working with him again. He does a fantastic job. I have had no problems with him at all.

-Krystan

Justlorelei Nov 26, 2008

not true
    as a friend of kyle's, i can say he is one of the nicest people. very honest, kind and respectful. i don't know anyone who could say a bad thing about him

Justlorelei Nov 29, 2008

I have shot with Kyle on several occasions -- around 5-6 shoots. I am actually one of the first people he shot since moving to this area, so I have known him for a while..probably about two years now. Anyway, not only did all of my pictures come out beautiful (at least you said one correct thing in your report, Mandy) because he is a very talented photographer but I also felt extremely comfortable because he is very professional, never once did he make any advances or say anything inappropriate.

I have shot with Kyle with an escort, without an escort, and with other models...so I have gotten to know him pretty well. He is a very nice person and I consider him a friend of mine. He is definitely not egotistical, and he'd never call me a 'groupie'..if anything..he's one of my groupies since I'm the one who is in a band =) lol!!!

And to repeat many rebuttals, a lot of photographers use their apartments/houses as studios, not everyone can afford a place to live AND a studio..esp. artists for that matter and esp. in this economy!!! If you're so strongly opposed to that maybe you and your friends shouldn't embark on photo shoots.

Justlorelei Dec 08, 2008

Bogus.
    I was going to work with Kyle and have met with him. He was pretty professional, friendly and seemed fine to me. I think that perhaps this person just had their feelings hurt, after all these are serious allegations and seeing as he works with models daily, it would be likely others had similar experiences. Instead we see tons of people coming to his aide, which shows that these allegations are most likely false.

• Lo
    Lorelei Dec 09, 2008

After I went back and looked at the details, I know who wrote this report, changed the name and why. As I said before I was going to work with Kyle, and had met with him. Though we decided not to work together, there was a slight personal relationship. The original poster of this report was upset at what she perceived as inaapropriate contact between him and I and did what nosey people do by 'gossiping' in this case over exaggerating and attempting to cause harm to someone that they viewed as 'doing a girl wrong'

I cannot stress enough that Kyle Marquette is an absolute sweetheart, he is professional, hard working, flexible and very good at his job. The OP had not dealt with Mr. Marquette and was wrong in her perceptions and judgments of the scenario. She had confused personal with professional and had blurred the lines of what actually occured. Again, I cannot stress enough that Mr. Marquette is wonderful, both professionally and personally. He has done nothing wrong and I completely vouch for him. If anyone has any further questions or needs further clarification, you can shoot me an email lorelei.c.[protected]@c o m c a s t.net

• Le
    Leeleepea Dec 22, 2008

My experience on 12/17/08

To whom this may concern:

I was recently at Kyle Marquette's studio, which, YES, is his apartment (and if you're a model, 60% of photographer's studios are their homes and spare rooms), and had a very PROFESSIONAL experience.

It was 100% work. I went there, signed my paperwork, he allowed me access to his room to change and fix my hair and makeup while he stayed in studio space and set up lights. I came out in the first outfit, we shot for an hour, I went back into the changing room, put on my second outfit and repeated the same process.

There was no suggestive dialogue, there was no touching, no flirting, nothing but 'pull back your hair' or ' keep that pose'.

I actually mentioned specifically to him and my boyfriend how professional the work was. I was in and out within 2 hours time. He didn't ask me to stay or mention anything but business matters, such as: the CD will be finished by next week, but you will have some photos this week when I get around to them.

I am not sure the experience that the other people had, but mine was surprisingly very professional for a man in his 20s. Normally it would have been alot more eerie if the photographer was in any way making sexual comments such as: 'thats hot' 'you look so sexy'...etc.

That's my side. Not sure who had a bad experience but I screen my photographers and a very professional model recommended him due to my location and she was right in him being VERY PROFESSIONAL.

Hope this gets resolved because my side of the story is the polar opposite than that of the previous complaint.

• Al
    Althea Dec 22, 2008

Professional photoshoot with kyle marquette
    I'm in a local Philadelphia band and earlier this year we had a photoshoot with Kyle Marquette. He was extremely professional and was able to find really interesting places to shoot, in this case it was an abandoned building in Downingtown. There was no inappropriate conduct and we were very happy with the results.

He got the work back to us in a timely manner and was very enthusiastic about working with us. He has also taken live pictures of us at shows.

Although his studio is also his apartment that fact was never an issue. He kept his distance unless directing a pose and I was never concerned. The work was solid and we will definately work with him again.

Ashley
    Philadelphia, Pa

Jackie Dec 23, 2008

Kyle is a great photographer!

Kyle is totally professional about photography. He has a true passion and is alot of fun to work with. He always directs his models in a appropriate manner and presents his ideas in a creative nonthreatening way. It is totally up to a model to chose what she feels comfortable with doing and what she does not want to do. He is a great guy and wonderful photographer!!!

• St
    Steph Vicious Dec 26, 2008

No Issues here..

I had a shoot with Kyle just last Saturday 12/20. He was extremely professional, and if anything, a little shy. He never once touched me, except to fix my hair once, AND he asked if he could push it back before even touching me. He provided me with space to change and was extremely professional. I've heard nothing but good things about him from other models as well, all beautiful women, so I am unsure where such a bold accusation would come from. I'd vouch for him in an instant.

• Kyle is an awesome photographer and COMPLETELY PROFESSIONAL!!!

I have had the priviledge of working with Kyle Marquette as a makeup artist and I can not stress enough that this claim of him being 'unprofessional' and 'sexually harassing' is absolutely untrue! I work with a lot of photographers in the surrounding Philadelphia area, the majority of them being male. All of them fall subject to this sort of thing, whether from someone who was upset with the way their pictures turned out, or someone personally associated with them, who is in fact trying to slander them.
    Kyle works out of his apartment on occasion AS DO MANY OF THE PHOTOGRAPHERS I WORK WITH, but he does quite a bit of work on location which adds to his unique and high quality images!
    He asks permission to so much as move a piece of hair, before he does it and is extremely comfortable to work around.
    As another professional in the industry, I wouldn't put my name out there for just anyone and if I thought for a second that anyone had to worry about working with someone, I wouldn't go to ANY length to defend them!

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices