Kramer & Frankunethical collection techniques

L

I was paying this company every month on time. They proceeded to place a $1200 lien on my checking account. I went to the sheriff's office and filed an exemption to get my account released in 10 days.

I continued to pay Kramer & Frank every month on time, but with a money order.

Next served my employer and demanded that my employer garnish my wages $200/week. They told my employer that I was not sufficient with my payments.

I am not unable to pay my student loans and daycare.

I currently filed a complaint with the better business bureau and I suggest everyone having a problem with this company do the same!

• Ex
    exie Jun 14, 2009

Before placing a judgment and/or a garnishment you are able to request a hearing. With proof of multiple monthly payments which were accepted and cashed by the agency most judges would rule that the payment plan was acceptable. however missed or late payments may be viewed as negligent payments by the court.

Regardless, your personal expenses are reviewed and only certain % of your income is able to be garnished.

Did you request and or attend a hearing? Again I am not an attorney and do not know MO state law.

I dont see where the agency is out of line in this instance.