King's Ransom StudiosNo service for money paid

C

I went to King's Ransom Studios where I met Jeff Sers, the owner and producer of the recording studio. He took a $2, 300 deposit from me to mix and master my material, but never did so, and never returned my money. In fact, he even deleted some of the files from my hard drive. I had a difficult time just getting my hard drive back from him. Neither the studio or its producer are to be trusted.

• Ke
    Keizo Kondo Mar 24, 2011

I went to Kings Ransom Studios in El Cajon, California to meet with Jefferey A. Sers, the owner of the alleged label, Groove 33 Records. Mr. Sers dazzled me with his mention of contacts throughout the industry, particularly Interscope, which I later found out to be baseless. He asked for a heavy deposit up front, in excess of $2, 000 plus the purchase of equipment and software to, "Get the job done". Ultimately, no work done at all, and he walked off with almost $1, 900 in my hard earned money, equipment, and $500 in additional software. I have no idea when I'll be able to get the money up for my dream again, but clearly Jefferey A. Sers could care less. I wonder how many other artists he's conned. Beware of his lures. Get this, he likes to claim he's a Church elder and member of the church band. What a waste of money and the theft of my aspirations.

• Dh
    DHPhoenix Feb 26, 2013

Not sure what brand of client would have a complaint against KR studios. The quality of the studio and its producer, engineers, and interns is top-notch. My experience with his studio is up front, professional, and with the classic old school edge, no ### ethic, knowledgable, and up-to-date current tech wizardry that any artist hopes for when they walk into in a recording studio. I wanted a great mix and I got one. They won't waste your time or investment. Don't waste theirs.

• Ir
    Irene W Aug 17, 2013

I have had nothing but positive experiences with Jeff Sers and Kings Ransom. In my several years of working with Jeff on and off, he has been extremely competent, fair, friendly and reliable, producing the highest quality work and with a smile, being very responsive to my wishes and offering great production ideas when solicited. I appreciate his honest feedback, an important element in the creative process. Mixing, one of the hardest things to do in a studio, has been a real pleasure with Jeff and I am 100% satisfied with his work.