Kia Of St. CloudBait and switch tactics

B

I am going through an issue with a bait and switch from St. Cloud Kia. I have a van sitting in my driveway that they sold us last Friday night then on Saturday they called and said the financing wouldn't go thru and it came down to us going in there and them trying to force us to buy a more expensive model. We had already signed all the paperwork and they accepted our check for the downpayment. The only reason I went there in the first place is because their radio ad claimed to pay off your trade in, but really they just roll the negative equity into your new loan. Of course they don't tell you that up front. Three different people told us four different stories of why we had to buy a more expensive model with higher payments for us to get approved (by the way our credit score is 680). They told us they were desperate to keep the deal going as they had already entered on their February books. We went home with the same car we bought from them on Friday, only to have them call me the next day and tell me the best they could do was a 2008 Town & Country that is $3000 more than what we wanted to pay and would increase our payments by $60 a month. I told them no deal and that I wanted our trade in and our check back and the guy was insulted that we weren't taking the deal they worked so hard on. What a joke these people are. I will NEVER buy from a Kia dealership again if this is how they run things.

More Kia Of St. Cloud Complaints & Reviews

• Co
    COMPLAINER KILLER Jan 14, 2012

SO YOU GOT A CAR TO DRIVE FOR FREE FOR TWO MONTHS WHILE THEY TRIED TO CRAM YOUR CRAPPY CREDIT UP SOME BANKS ###. IS THAT ABOUT IT?? PAY YOUR BILLS AND YOU WONT HAVE THAT PROBLEM. ALL YOU CAN DO IS COMPLAIN ON SOME WEBSITE. TAKE THAT TIME AND WORK TO MAKE MONEY PAY YOUR BILLS, FIX YOUR CREDIT AND THEN BUY A CAR WHEN YOU'RE IN A POSITION TO DO SO. UNTIL THEN SHUT UP WHINER!!!

• Un
    unknown2011 Jul 25, 2011

mine was that we were granteed that we would have the one we paid for the very next day-------then we get told a few days later that we would get it if we could make it within an hour----we did, he wants 500more in cash and he will have it for us againe "the next" day, send us home in a different one$6, 000.00 more dollars 5 miles total on it week later they still dont have the one we bought but yet offer us ones in different colors! pissed as hell!

• Pp
    ppat269 Jun 28, 2011

OMG dont buy from kia in waite park in st cloud. They put me in a car took my car in trade 2 months later they tell me they cant get it financed they want there car back. Im now looking into a attorney, calling the better business bueru and nailing these guys to the wall This is what I call THEFT by SWINDLE

• To
    Tommyt1514 Apr 12, 2010

Call [protected] and file a complaint with Kia

• Mo
    Moneyman360 Mar 03, 2010

I also had a very negative experience and would encourage anyone that values their money and their sanity to do business elsewhere! Very unprofessional, disorganized and I agree with the "bait and switch" tactics. I purchased a brand new vehicle and brought it in 3 times to have it detailed correctly. I still found plastic under the seats. I also had an empty gas tank..I found the staff very condescending and will NEVER buy another vehicle from this disorganized mess!

• Be
    BeenThereDidThatB4 Jan 27, 2010

I am sorry you had this experience, however, had you taken the time to read what you were signing, you would have understood that ALL sales that require financing are pending until the bank approves them signs on the dotted line. The person in the office working on your loan is simply a go-between and does not have final say in the outcome of your loan. When they ran your credit in the office, it simply gave them an idea of what your credit looks like, not what deal the bank will finally agree to.

What you experienced could, and DOES happen in EVERY dealership in exsistance. I hope you finally found some peace with the vehicle you have currently. I know that the dealership wants to sell you the vehicle you want, it just isn't always possible per the lenders regulations.

• Mu
    mustang92 Jan 08, 2010

I never bought a car there but i do some service work with them. The service guy is good and I havan't had any problems there. they seem nice. jmo

• Un
    unknown1206 Nov 14, 2009

D147 is the sales manager for the dealership! D for Drake. Get it!!!

• D1
    D147 Sep 08, 2009

This is the most friendly, best car dealership on the planet!!! I had the most pleasant buying experience of my life there!!!

• Ni
    nicole.d Sep 04, 2009

I had the best car buying experience of my life.

• Ni
    Nicu Aug 25, 2009

Same type of thing happened to me!!! They never follow through on their advertising, it's just a big lie! Currently they have a promotion go on that says, "100% credit approval, " this is going on along with the Cash for Clunkers deal. My parents decided to go in for the cash for clunkers deal on Wed., the guy that worked there, Chris Mills, told them that everything was up and running and would only take about 10 minutes to check their paperwork. He then told them he couldn't get it done, so he would call them back the next day or at least before the program expired on Monday. No call ever came, so my parents called him on Monday and the receptionist said he was busy and would call back. They called three more times throughout the day with the same response of, "He will call you right back!" 8:30PM rolled around, they close at 9:00, with no call...finally I called and asked for a manager if Chris was so busy. I told him the situation and he said to come in before 9:00AM, they were just finishing up the paperwork. My parents drove an hour to Kia of St. Cloud, only to find that Chris Mills was at a golfing tournament and the manger said none of the paperwork would work out! By now the Cash for Clunkers program is over, my parents don't have a new car, and they wouldn't even offer them some sort of deal!

WORST DEALERSHIP EVER!!! BUYER BEWARE!!!