Keylin TVbilling practice

I

I purchased KylinTV service and later cancelled the service on 7/23/2009. Kylin service person told me that once they successfully charge my credit card for the last bill (of $33.98) and cancel my account in their system, they will send me an email for instructions on how to return the TV settop box. I received the instruction email on 7/28/2009 and ship back the settop box. Everything looked smooth at this moment, but there is a catch later. Read on... A few weeks later, I received a letter from Kylin's collection agency named "Saturn Systems" and the letter demanded me to immediately pay $58.98 otherwise they "are committed to use whatever means necessary and proper to secure payment". On 8/27/2009, I called Kylin about this matter and they admitted that there is an internal billing issue that mistakenly failed to charge the last $33.98 bill which caused the problem. Kylin was able to charge $33.98 after they try it again. On 8/28/2009, I called Kylin again to check if the last payment went well. They acknowledged that they did receive the payment. However when I asked them to restore any damage to my credit scores, and make sure that my credit score won't be ruined by this error caused by Kylin, they refused to do so.

It is rediculus for a company to immediately direct unsuccessful payment to collection agency without trying to contact its customer first!

It is also rediculus for a company to refuse a confirmation to its customer that they will try to recover the damage caused by their own fault.