Menu
J
Author of the complaint
6:27 am EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Dear Sir or Madam

My only aim in life now is to get some answers from you, My first letters regarding my complaints all got returned as the office in London closed down. It is impossible to get answers as you have to have a masters degree in maths and physics to navigate your site. Slightly different when you are taking money!

OK, my first complaint is nearly three years old and l still have no answers from you. I booked via my debit card two tickets to fly from Mombasa to London Heathrow for a Christmas family gathering, one ticket for myself and one for Mrs Franca Marino. Unfortunately, one member was taken seriously ill and we had to cancel our flight. I understand that you have to charge a cancellation fee, which l was told was 20%. When l received my refund you had taken in the region of 43% l never got an answer as to why the difference.

With this same booking, again l remind you was paid for from my Lloyds Visa Card. A few days later l noticed from my online banking that someone in your company had re entered my account, without my knowledge or authorisation and removed two amounts of money. I informed my bank and was told that this was paramount to THEFT. I managed to contact you and inform you of what had happened and you did refund the smaller amount of the two taken.

To this day I have never been given an explanation or an apology for what you did, and when l am back again in the UK l will take this matter up with Lloyds bank to do my utmost to have you investigated and if possible summoned. This was an illegal act on your company and l need answers as if this is a regular act that you carry out on all of your clients.

Now my second complaint is regarding a refund on a flight from Entebbe to Mombasa on the 8th October 2020.
We were both on lockdown in Uganda for eight months and wanted desperately to get back home to Diani, in Kenya. I kept a careful eye on as to when the Entebbe airport was due to open. After a few weeks a notice appeared that the airport was to open on the 1st October 2020. So, to avoid the rush at the airport l bookend online with you, two tickets to fly from Entebbe to Mombasa on the 8th October, one for myself and one for Mrs Franca Marino.

I paid online the sum of £309.74, but two days after booking and you taking my money, you cancelled the flight. Why we don't know as no explanation given. After months of trying to navigate your site and getting nowhere, l contacted Kenya Airways and they told me that you still had my money not Kenya Airways.

I am told to wait up to six months for my guaranteed full refund as l took out extra insurance to cover this, but l am still waiting with no idea when l am getting my FULL REFUND back, pleased when you place it back into my Lloyds debit account, l ask you NOT to take any money out like before, and please don't forget to add the interest accrued.

You take my money within seconds, you take my flight booking within seconds and yet you expect me to wait half a year for it to be returned.

Letters to Kenya can take weeks to arrive so please use my email address. I need answers not excuses, l need honesty not lies, and l need answers before the end of the year.

06/06/2021

Dear Sir or Madam
I have now waited eight months for the return of my flight ticket which cost £309.60 when booked through edreams flying from Uganda to Mombasa. Again l have to explain that we were in lockdown for eight months in Uganda, and when l read the news on the website that the Entebbe airport was to open on the 1st October 2020 we booked tickets for the 8th October allowing for the rush at the airport to calm down, Two days after taking my money the flight was cancelled, and l was expected to wait six months for my refund. NOW! I have waited eight months with nothing returned. So can you please look into this for me and pay me back what has been taken, l should ask for interest that has been accrued with the time you have had this privilege from my money.
My booking reference is; [protected]
Cost of tickets; £309.60
Customer relations Kenya Airways [protected]
Flight details; Entebbe to Mombasa 8th October 2020
I am now becoming more and more anxious as to me losing this money as it is taking far too long. I have written to you many times regarding this, l have also written to edreams many times, even with registered mail only to be ignored.
I ask you now to please sort this out for me quickly, as l say it is taking too long.
Our contact details are,

Telephone +254 [protected]

Ref No; [protected]

February 5 2021

Dear Sir ort Madam
Please find all emails sent to you regarding my complaint of Kenya Airways not notifying me of the VERY and IMPORTANT changes to online booking.

I am seeking recompense for your web site not giving any form of warning when booking a single one way ticket, also not giving any information as to having an EVISA before even going to the airport. In the past visa's were paid for and given upon arrival at Mombasa.

You promised to look into to this matter and contact me, as yet, no word from yourselves, no emails (which l prefer) and no phone calls.

I am asking you again to resolve this issue and pay for your mistakes and my out of pocket expenses. This was one nightmare of a journey that never took place, and, ask you to do the right thing by your customer who is a regular flyer with Kenya Airways.

Again looking for an early reply to my situation.

Kind regards

TO KENYA AIRWAYS

A one way ticket was booked for me to travel back to my house in Kenya on the 12th January 2021. When l reached the check in terminal I was turned away as l didn't have a return flight. Standing in the queue for two hours watching a lot of people being turned away I was concerned as to why this was happening.
Your web site today, the 14th January 2021 l can still book a one way ticket to Mombasa, there is not one mention as to this not being possible, and only today a warning came up on your site saying you have to book an E visa before travelling. Last night l checked and NO WARNINGS at all informed me that a one way ticket and having no E visa would not let me board my flight. As my ticked was purchased by my son in law l have no idea of the cost of this one way journey.
Today, I am asking you to give a full refund on the ticket issued, along with all out of pocket expenses list below the flight details.

AIRLINE BOOKING REF; Q3XGWS
KQ311 DEPART 12 JANUARY DUBAI TO NAIROBI.
KQ608 DEPART 12 JANUARY NAIROBI TO MOMBASA

DUBAI VISA EXCESS 2000.00 544.52
WAITING & WASTED TIME 2000.00 544.52
———— ———-
TOTALS K/S 7137.28 US$ 1943.19

The cost of the ticket has to go back on the card it was paid from, name of Mr Hani William.
This experience was not only stressful and worrying, but also a complete waste of time due to your website not stating the important points of information required.

Even today 14th January, you are still allowing booking flights to Mombasa one way, the one way choice should be taken out of the booking page only leaving the return journey open.
This message will be posted to you around the 18th January.
Jeffrey Wormsley
Good morning Carolyn, I have sent so many emails over the past 12 months to Kenya airways, edreams and and resolver to try band recoup my refunds that are now so overdue. It is wrong that my money is being kept with some company or other who should have returned this to m e months ago. I have been very patient and waited and waited and waited. Now my patience is going fast. To reiterate the problem is this; Arriving at Mombasa to leave for Dubai, l was informed that the return ticket l had was not a return but a single one way ticket. I refute this as this was issued in Dubai for me to travel to Kenya and return. I was sent to the Kenya airways office in Mombasa and no amount of explain this ran off the woman's back and did not wish to know. So this cost me a few hundred dollars. I gave all the information regarding my covid test, flight ticket, departure time, arrival time and ALL THE INFORMATION REQUIRED. I went through all the paperwork with the officials. I gave everything that all was in order till l came to board the plane and was turned away. Reason; my covid test was out of date, this was due to the delays at the airport due to fog in Dubai. NOT MY FAULT! So now again l am trapped in an airport with no ticket, no covid negative results and no where to sit or sleep. Two days l was trapped waiting and paying for new test, taxis and flights. So now l hope to can see my stress starting to boil. I have hopefully sent all my letters l have with flight tickets as attachments. Please do you best and retun my money as soon as possible. I would appreciate an early reply with some positive outcome to all the problems

THIS WAS SENT ON THE 29/06/2021 ALONG WITH ALL FILES

Good morning, l am writing yet again to ask where my refund is and when am l going to see this back in my bank account. You promised it's return within six (6) months. It is now NINE (9) months and still no notification from your selves, you haven't even bothered to explain why the delay. This is a disgusting way to treat your clients to keep them waiting and waiting. You have not even explained why you entered my bank account illegally and withdrew two payments. I have written to you with letters that were sent via special delivery, so many emails l have lost count and letters also to London. There is no way on this Gods given planet that no  one has seen and read my messages. So now l am sending you all the letters and emails l sent to Kenya Airways looking for answers, . I would like to have at least from you, a message to say you have at least received my email. Please do the right thing and repay me what you have of min along with a reason you took money from my account without my consent. Jeff Wormsley

This letter is sent 29/06/2021

Hello, I recently had a nightmare from hell with Kenya Airways, l reported this via email weeks ago and as yet had no confirmation of you receiving my email or anyone really bothered to read it. Below is the email l sent listing all the problems because of no important information on your booking website prior to me trying to get on my flight at Dubai.
Please confirm receipt of email and action regarding compensation.
Regards Jeffrey Wormsley

TO KENYA AIRWAYS

A one way ticket was booked for me to travel back to my house in Kenya on the 12th January 2021. When l reached the check in terminal I was turned away as l didn't have a  return flight. Standing in the queue for two hours watching a lot of people being turned away I was concerned as to why this was happening.
Today, I am asking you to give a full refund on the ticket issued, along with all out of pocket     expenses list below the flight details.

AIRLINE BOOKING REF; Q3XGWS
KQ311 DEPART 12 JANUARY DUBAI TO NAIROBI.
KQ608 DEPART 12 JANUARY NAIROBI TO MOMBASA

CLAIM FOR OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES

AED                                      US DOLLAR

1. COVID TEST                                                 150.00                                            40.84
2. NEW COVID TEST                                       150.00                                            40.84
3. TAXI TO AIRPORT                                      250.00                                            68.06
4. TAXI FROM AIRPORT                                250.00                                            68.06
5. HOTEL ROOM FIVE NIGHTS         2203.78                                        600.00
6. KENYAN HOUSEKEEPER                  133.50                                            36.35
7. DUBAI VISA EXCESS                     2000.00                                          544.52
8. WAITING & WASTED TIME                2000.00                                        544.52
                                                                        ————                                       ———-
                                             TOTALS   K/S  7137.28                           US$      1943.19

This message will be posted to you around the 18th January.

View 0 more photos