Kentucky Fried Chicken [KFC]humiliation and racism

Store locate in Gladstone, mo. After leaving Chemotherapy I stopped at KFC on my way home which was 15 minutes away from my home. At 5:32 Pm went through drive through ordered 8 piece meal 2 large mash potatoes 1 coleslaw, 1 large gravy and 4 biscuits. After getting home and taking my clothes off and sitting my children down for dinner, when I opened the box there was only 3 pieces of chicken in the box along with the rest of the order. I immediately Called no answer, so continued calling while going back to the store. I finally reached William on the phone, he immediately started cutting me off and I informed him of my name and that I was on my way back and I asked for his name and he hung up the phone. Arrived at the store awaited 5 minutes before he would even acknowledge me after looking at me several times. I tried to talk William the manager and he stated From a Person Like me I'm a liar and he knows for sure that he himself put the food in the box just yelling this in front of everyone, employees and customers. I was humiliated because of their mistake and discriminated against because of being black based on his words someone like me. My ticket number is 1339 on my receipt. I then state that I needed to speak with someone other them him but no one was able or willing to help me, besides Jackson an employee at the front register. Jackson came and provided me with a napkin because I'm crying at his point because I can't believe I was treated with such, disrespect, humiliation and discriminated against. Jackson then apologizes to me for the behavior of his manager and informed I should definitely contact corporate regarding this manner. Jackson also tried to provide me with a drink and chocolate chip cookies, but I informed Jackson I was not there for anything free and declined his offer and informed him I only wanted my order corrected and that was it. I then asked the lady in the drive through for my receipt as she never gave it to me when I came the first time. She stated she could only provide a duplicate with a ticket number on there. I then tried even talking to her and she told me that she did not mess up my order so why am I talking to her. This is unacceptable all the way around. William, the manager never apologized for their mistake because he choose not to take ownership that they made a mistake and was absolutely sure that a person like myself would Lie. This is the most worst situation I've ever been put in. I was already not feeling well and that just made me even worse. My suggestion to anyone of color Do not go to this store if because if they make a mistake they will treat you exactly the way I was treated. I'm taking this as far as possible because this should not ever have to happen to anyone else.

Lo
May 16, 2019

Comments

• Km
      May 16, 2019

The manager seemed extremely confident that he didn't mess up your order. I rarely see anyone with the confidence to tell a customer they didn't make any mistake. It takes a true professional to make that kind of assertion. I'd say he didn't make a mistake but by some manner of folly on your part you lost the other pieces. You are obviously lying when you say he said something like From a Person Like me I'm a liar. When someone is truly discriminated against they know what was said verbatim, not just a generalized idea of what was said. People who use a generalization of what was said is someone who is lying but doesn't want to be caught in the lie so they use a generalization to keep it as vague as possible hoping other people accept the generalization and don't ask questions.

•   May 22, 2019

@Kmart 9459 You haven't met my [censored] ap have you???

•   May 16, 2019

So I fail to see how mentioning the nature of the appointment you are coming from or your demographical information will do anything to enhance your narrative. If anything, it is a cheap and pathetic attempt to evoke a sympathetic response. The manager did not mention anything regarding race, but you decided to bring it into the conversation. This makes perfect sense to me, because YOU are the racist. Only a true racist considers race at its very inception. I personally don't care for small minded racists. They are the bottom feeders of society and you should be ashamed to be counted among them. Grow up. No one cares what "color" you are.

Now, in terms of being "humiliated" by having the potential of a KFC order wrong? Give me a break. You are just one of those bumbling buffoons that are looking to be offended by something. As Kmart 9459 indicated, the assertion the manager made is one of confidence. It is not reflective of someone who is unsure of what transpired. You, on the other hand, can provide no specifics pertinent to the situation apart from loudly braying about how you are discriminated against. Call the waaaaaambulance.

You state you aren't looking for something free. I would bet a small fortune against that. You fit the general archetype precisely.

Hope that helps!

Your friend,

Biggus Dickus

• Ni
      Jun 03, 2019

@Biggus Dickus No offense but that was rather rude. You obviously do not know the side effects of chemo and how extremely draining both physically and mentally it can be. because it is pertinent. Why would she bother to return, not feeling well, for 3 pieces of chicken, come on. What ever happened to the customer is always right. The correct thing should have been an apology from the manager with resolution and out the door she goes. End of story. But sometimes you give someone a little bit of power and it goes right to their head and he of course had to assert his authority.

•   Jun 03, 2019

@Niecey H Chemotherapy affects each person differently My mother just went through it at 84. Now she’s on Tamoxifen which gives her hives all over her body. I’ll see her tomorrow to see how she’s doing.

I tell people here to always check their takeout orders before leaving.

•   Jun 05, 2019

@Niecey H I take no offense because I am not a thin skinned whiner like the original poster. I am well aware of the side effects of chemotherapy. That being said, as SubSquirrel had indicated, there is no one size fits all approach to how it will play out. Again, the bottom line is that that fact was only mentioned to evoke some sort of pity or sympathy response that is tantamount of pandering. It's not productive, and will not be given additional credence.

The original poster bears the brunt of the responsibility for ensuring their order is to their liking, and if it isn't, to communicate that to the business. Bringing race into the conversation is also a red flag. This isn't rocket science.

Hope that helps!

Your friend,

Biggus Dickus

• Ni
      Jun 05, 2019

@SubSquirrel It does not you idiot. It has the same effect on everyone. Also why are you stalking me and following me from post to post. Get a job so you do not have to spend all your time on here. Get a life. Your mother did not go through chemotherapy. Stop lying. Stop following me from post to post.

•   Jun 05, 2019

@Niecey ᕼ Really? You're everyone, are you???

Sub is one of the most honest people on here.

•   Jun 05, 2019

@Niecey ᕼ It does for sure. Some lose their hair, some don’t lose hair. Some have stomach issues and some don’t. There are many things that happen to each person. Calling someone an idiot when you’re proven wrong is childish. My mother certainly did and I’d not lie about something like that. I’m here at night only, and my time here isn’t your concern. My income isn’t your concern either. Don’t flatter yourself in thinking that I’m following you. I post on many subjects and will continue to do so. There are a handful of us who post daily and we’re intelligent women who don’t feel the need to attack others.

I don’t often share personal comments but this post warranted it. If you choose not to believe me, oh well.

•   Jun 06, 2019

@Um is not an answer! Thank you. At this point of life I’d rather be honest than lie. What’s the reason for lying on a forum unless you’re looking for attention?

•   May 16, 2019

Perhaps he meant a person who speaks as if the world owes them. A loud voice or using bad words. A person who lies to get free food. If he packed it and knows that he put in eight pieces, you appear to be a liar.

Racism is not apparent here. A person like you is not people like you. You were upset, you ranted and raved about your chicken and he felt that you were lying.

BTW, your chemotherapy reference was mentioned why? To gain sympathy?

•   Jun 05, 2019

It could be a multiple personality issue. One has severe anger issues and the other has grammar issues. “The most worst experience” had me chuckling.

•   May 22, 2019

You sat down at the table naked???

•   May 22, 2019

Do you honestly think mentioning chemo will bring out the red carpet treatment for you? Anywhere? People do chemo all the time. While working, taking care of their children and dealing with life.

Enough with you thinking everything BAD that happens to you is racism! It's not? Is your cancer racist? They were racist for not giving you your receipt? Which you also isn't demand?

•   Jun 08, 2019

I'm surprised the OP didn't write her pen name as reaw deaw.