Kenmore / elite refrigerator

My four year old kenmore elite refrigerator that I paid $3, 000 for died on july 6th. It worked fine in the morning and was leaking water from the ice bin and was completely warm when we got home after being gone for the day. I immediately called sears and was told it would take 10 days before they could come out. They came out 10 days later and diagnosed that it was a bad compressor. I had logged my problem before they came and yet they didn't have the part with them (duh!). The tech said they were not allowed to carry the part (compressors) on the truck. Then they announced it would take another 10 days before they could come again with the part. Just getting the part took me hours and hours to get. They were supposed to be here two days ago and surprise!!! They never showed up and never even called! Apparently they were overbooked and couldn't come (somehow that is my problem). They automatically rescheduled our appt for another 10 days out without any explanation or making sure we were even going to be home. We have been promised twice that a mgr from the "escalation" dept would call us... Of course they did not. My husband and I have each taken a day off of work and we still do not have our refrigerator fixed. Today is day 23 without a refrigerator and they are not coming for another 9 days. This is beyond ridiculous!! Absolutely no excuses. I am sick of it. I have spent over 9 hours on the phone and numerous chat sessions with absolutely no resolution. I was also told that I had to use sears/kenmore techs because the part is under warranty. The labor amount they have quoted me is $400.00. This whole thing has been a nightmare. I have never had such problems in my life and I have never worked with such a horrible group of people that don't care about you or your problem or the fact that they are taking over 30 days to fix their product.in addition, there is a class action lawsuit against lg for the compressors in these kenmore/lg appliances. I encourage anyone and everyone who is having this same problem to join the lawsuit.

Jul 31, 2019

Comments

• Kh
      Aug 09, 2019

Same refrigerator, died completely after four years. It was the compressor . Known issue that neither Kenmore nor Sears want to acknowledge. same fridge 6 month into purchase the entire mother board died which also a known issue. all kenmore, whirlpool, kitchenaid many other fridges brand that use LG linear compressor will last not more than 4 years. another way of making Money. do you homework before purchasing fridge.