Kenmorewater heater power miser 9

C

When we bought this house there was a new Kenmore water heater and it broke after a year of living here. Our basement flooded. We had warranty on it but it still took about 2wks to get another one. Living in a house with no hot water with two kids isn't the greatest. Sears was not very helpful. They transfer you several times on the phone. Our new water heater now is leaking water and we had it put in a year and a half ago. Took a week of my husband calling Sears to even be able to talk to the right person. We ordered the part 11/15 and to find out today that it's back ordered. Our water heater leak is now a water heater waterfall. I'm not impressed with Kenmore or Sears.

• Lo
    LoriSWEY Dec 06, 2009

I, too, an extremely dissatisfied with my Kenmore Power Miser 6 waterheater. I have had it for one year and two weeks. Parts are no longer covered. I have had no hot water for a week and have received absolutely NO help from Sears. No one seems to know what they are doing and they certainly aren't interested in fixing the problem! I will NEVER buy another Kenmore product, nor will I EVER purchase anything from Sears again.

• La
    lalagirl Aug 10, 2010

I am having the exact same problem. Sears tells me its the Control Valve on mine. Ive had the water heater for two years and this is the 2nd control replacement. I have already been without water for 4 days and got a call yesterday saying the part is backordered now. Should maybe ship out in ten days Yep thats right ten days. Will never buy another Kenmore or sears product again.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices