KardeanLots of dents on floor < year old

We had Karndean fitted just over a year ago now and it would appear that it is not as hard wearing as the manufacturer would have you believe. Yes, it did look great in the showroom and when it was first laid but now it is covered in small dents and scuffs and having had both the fitter and Karndean rep to look at it they have assured me this is caused by stiletto heals and not a product fault.

There are a number of issues I have with this.
1. All my wife's shoes are flat heals.
2. We don't wear shoes in the house.
3. The Kardean rep said on his visit that the patterns did not look like they would be caused by footwear as dents were in random places and places that wouldn't be walked on at the edge of rooms etc and hardly any in the hall where most traffic would be. (Although obviously Kardean as a company are looking to sweep his view under the carpet).
4. Visitors to my home would not be in the worst effected parts, as was another idea put forward by Gillies, the fitter.
5. I spoke to a different fitter and as soon as I mentioned the dents he said he knew of the problem.

What makes it worse for me is that I know we have treated this flooring well over the past year and the comments made by the Kardean rep on his visit echo's this but his company obviously don't take this into account.

My advice to anyone considering this type of flooring is to save yourself a lot of money and go for the cheaper option of wooden floors. At least a solid wooden floor can be sanded and revarnished/waxed to preserve the look over many years.

I however have to live with a floor which cost me £2800 as there is nothing I can do to improve the look apart from rip it up and lay something else. Be warned, the Karndean guarantee is worthless.

• Pa
    Paul Collins Aug 07, 2015

Have you applied the correct surface protector? Karndean do the complete range of aftercare products to maintain you floor