[Resolved] Karate Americawarrior x fit and krav maga

Mo Jul 08, 2019

I came into the gym in response to an ad that said first month free free month for membership - a $499 value. Once I was in the class I was pulled out and told the reason why it's free is that it's totally not (haha great trick guys) I was then told I could pay 500 to lose either 20lbs in 6 weeks (unsafe rate for someone my size - I'd be 115 at 5'4" so, dangerously close to being underweight), or I could lose 5% body fat (I'm 20% now so 15% on a girl is a pretty drastically ripped body builder type lean and usually comes with veins and potential health issues like losing a regular mental cycle) and then I would get my money back. That is not exactly free! It's $500!! And then maybe you get it back if you starve deprive and work your body to the bone! Other choice was I could chose 12 months membership with a start up cost at $300. I could cancel at anytime and get out of it with 30 days notice. I gave notice within 3 days as I received a medical bill and an unexpected auto repair expense in that timeframe and it became clear I needed to cancel and get that money back. I was told that I could achieve a full refund since no more than 3 business days passed and I had only attended one class, which I was told was free. I emailed and called but didn't hear back, so I came in to see if I still had a membership or what the deal was. They didn't know either so I attended Krav Maga since I technically still had a membership. I was told to reach out to karate America hq and tell them about my situation. I was told I would get a refund. In the mail I received a gift certificate for $300. This was hilarious to me because I told the group I didn't want to be a member and I wanted to cancel because I want to pay my bills, and the gym isn't a bill for me! It's just a place I tried to enjoy a free class. Why would you need to do this f you guys think you are worth the money? If you were worth the money than it wouldn't be so hard for you to give my money back and sell this membership to someone else instead of forcing me to spend money and with you!

Karate America
Karate America

• Resolution statement

The company did issue me a refund for $250. I am very grateful this has been resolved, thank you.