Menu

Kamikoto
reviews and complaints

www.kamikoto.com
www.kamikoto.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

3.0 19 Reviews 9 Complaints
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Kamikoto has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
Write a review File a complaint

Kamikoto reviews 19

B
6:20 am EDT
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Kamikoto Impressive Customer Service and Commitment to Satisfaction: My Kamikoto Knife Review

i got the kamikoto knife as a gift and i was really excited to use it. but when i finally got my hands on it, the blade wasn't as sharp as i expected it to be. i reached out to kamikoto customer service and they responded right away. they were incredibly helpful and even offered to send a replacement knife. i decided to keep the original knife and they sent me a sharpening stone, which really made a difference. i was really impressed with their integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction. i will definitely be purchasing from them again and recommending them to others. thanks kamikoto!

J
6:02 am EDT

Kamikoto Review: The Beautiful and Precise Yanagiba Blade from Kamikoto

OMG, I gotta get my hands on the Yanagiba blade from Kamikoto! These dudes seriously know how to craft a beautiful and amazing piece of art. The blade itself is just so gorgeous to look at and to hold, it's truly a thing of beauty. You can just tell that the Kamikoto crafters put their heart and soul into making each of these blades, and it really shows in the quality and craftsmanship of the final product.

I mean, I was a little hesitant to try ordering from Kamikoto at first, but I gotta say, the whole process was super easy and hassle-free. From selecting the blade I wanted to ordering and tracking my shipment, everything went smoothly and without any issues. Plus, the presentation box that the blade came in was just so sleek and classy, I felt like I was receiving a piece of royalty.

But let's talk about the blade itself. The Yanagiba is seriously something special, y'all. It's super sharp and precise, perfect for slicing through all kinds of fish and meat like butter. I'm telling you, this blade is the real deal. And it's not just me who thinks so - my friends and family have been blown away by the quality and sharpness of this blade too.

Overall, I am super happy with my purchase from Kamikoto. Their attention to detail and fast, friendly service really set them apart from other blade makers out there. And the Yanagiba is definitely my favorite blade out of all the ones I've acquired from them. Trust me, you won't regret investing in one of these bad boys for yourself.

C
4:23 am EDT
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Kamikoto Kamikoto Knives: Culinary Heaven in Your Hands with Top-Notch Customer Service

I got my mitts on the complete Kamikoto knife collection and it’s safe to say, I’m in culinary heaven! The knives are sharp as a hornet's stinger and perform like nothing else. I've been using knives for years, but none can compare to Kamikoto. The grip is comfortable and secure, and it's almost impossible to go wrong with these bad boys.

Although, there was a teensy weensy problem that I noticed. The 7" Santoku Knife had a bit of a gas-leak for all I know and the last 1.5" of the blade was just - flat. It had lost the blade's natural curvature. Honestly, I was agitated just thinking about what I'm going to have to go through for a replacement process but, Kamikoto's customer service came in clutch and what a relief it was! They responded fast and scheduled a replacement to be sent our way within 12 hours! Incredible or what?!

The best part is - they let us keep the old knife too! So I've still got it as a backup for those unexpected moments.

All in all, the customer service was almost too good to be true and the knives themselves are a game changer. I’m looking forward to slicing and dicing with these knives for years to come. If you're looking for a fresh start in your cooking game or just want to add to your collection, Kamikoto is the way to go. They're simply phenomenal!

Kamikoto Elegant and Razor-Sharp: A Review of Kamikoto Knives

These knives from Kamikoto.com are seriously something else! I mean, when I first laid eyes on them, I knew that they were going to make my kitchen look like a million bucks. And boy, was I right! These knives look so elegant and refined that I just can't resist calling them my prized possessions.

But the best part about these knives isn't just their good looks - it's the fact that they are so incredibly sharp. I'm not kidding when I say that the first couple of weeks I had them, both my dad and my sister ended up cutting themselves on these knives! I had to tell them to be careful and not get too carried away, but I think it's just because they weren't used to having such high-quality knives in the kitchen.

When I pick up these knives, I can just feel in my heart and soul that they were made with the utmost care and attention to detail. They are so sturdy and well-balanced that I know I'll be using them for years to come. And let's not forget about the new steak knives - they look, feel, and cut like a dream. I love using them whenever I can, whether it's during a big family dinner or just for a quick lunchtime sandwich.

Overall, I am beyond satisfied with my purchase from Kamikoto.com and will definitely be coming back for more. If you're in the market for some seriously amazing knives, then you really can't go wrong with these. 5 stars, hands down!

J

Kamikoto Game-changing Quality: Kamikoto Senshi Knife Set Review

Yo, so I got my Kamikoto Senshi knife set the other day and let me tell you, it was love at first sight. The package was super fancy and the wooden box it came in was straight up sexy. They even threw in a display stand so I can show off my knives like the beautiful works of art that they are. These bad boys are no joke - precision made, well balanced, sharper than my ex's tongue, and the design is hella sleek and clean. You can tell they ain't messing around with those quality text and graphics branding.

To be honest, I wasn't sure if it was worth the loot at first, but after using them for food prep, I gotta say - these knives are worth every penny and then some. Don't be fooled by them imitators, fam. Only Kamikoto got that Japanese standard of perfection. Using them knives makes me feel like a samurai in the kitchen, slaying all them ingredients.

Overall, I'm super stoked with my purchase and highly recommend the Kamikoto Senshi knife set. It's a game changer, for real.

F
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Kamikoto Mixed Experience with Kamikoto: Shipping Delays and Lack of Communication

I recently purchased a product from kamikoto.com and was initially pleased with the information provided on their website. However, I did experience some issues with the shipment of my product. Despite good communication at the beginning of the process, I was disappointed to learn that there was a delay with the carrier and my product could not be shipped out as planned.

I reached out for more information and was frustrated by the lack of updates provided. It seemed like my order was now out of their hands and there was no clear resolution in sight. I was hoping to receive my product in time for the holidays and felt like my order had been forgotten about.

In the end, I was forced to wait for FedEx to pick up my order and ship it out. While I understand that shipping delays can occur, I wish there had been more transparency and updates provided about the situation. I felt like a burden as a customer and struggled to get a resolution to the issue.

What's more, I found the constant ads from kamikoto.com to be a bit overwhelming. Despite experiencing issues with my initial order, I continued to be bombarded with ads on Facebook and other platforms. It was frustrating to be offered discounts on additional items when I hadn't even received my first order yet.

Overall, I would say that my experience with kamikoto.com was mixed. While I appreciated the quality of the product once it arrived, the delays and lack of communication made the experience more frustrating than it needed to be. I hope that in the future, kamikoto.com can work on improving their shipping processes and customer communication to provide a better experience for all.

V
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Kamikoto Impressive Knives and Exceptional Customer Service: A Review of Kamikoto

I just got my second batch of Kamikoto knives, and I'm totally impressed! I first bought the kanpeki set, and this time around, I purchased the kensai set. I'm so glad I did!

When it comes to customer service, Kamikoto is top-notch. They responded to my inquiry about my first order within 12 hours, and this time around, they shipped my purchase 2 weeks before I expected it. I really appreciate their promptness and attention to detail.

Now, as for the knives themselves - wow! They're truly top-of-the-line, although using the single bevel knife takes some getting used to. The craftsmanship is exquisite, and they seem nearly indestructible. I've had my first set for over a year now, using them at home, and I've only sharpened them twice. That's how good they are.

Honestly, I can't recommend Kamikoto and their knives more highly. Their products are simply A+, and their customer service is second to none. I'm a big fan!

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Kamikoto The Kamikoto Yanagiba Knife: A Stunning Addition to Your Kitchen Arsenal

I just got my Kamikoto Yanagiba and I must say, I was a little hesitant about how it would tackle the job. Don't get me wrong, this knife is stunning with some remarkable workmanship, but I was worried about how it would work with different types of slicing tasks and its overall weight and balance.

Making up my mind to give it a chance, I decided to put this knife to the test and see what it could really do. I gave it two completely different challenges. The first task was to slice through a ten-pound aged rib roast that had been undergoing the dry-aging process for about 35 days. The outer layer of the meat, the pellicle, was rough and hard. But with one clean-cut motion, the Yanagiba blade sliced through it with absolute ease (the 13-inch length of the blade certainly came in handy). In less than a minute, I had the entire roast sliced up into steaks.

After a quick rinse of the blade, I moved on to the second test. This time, I used the Yanagiba to skin and slice a whole cod, and I must say that I was impressed with the level of precision. The blade worked like a pairing knife in designing garnish, and no part of the fish's meat was wasted.

Some people might argue that a 13-inch blade might be impractical, but I beg to differ. The Kamikoto Yanagiba will serve a wide range of purposes that you might not have expected from a blade of this length. I highly recommend adding this tool to your collection of food preparation knives. Trust me, you will find its usefulness a pleasant surprise.

Kamikoto Unmatched Sharpness and Quality: Review of Kamikoto Japanese Knives

I always been attracted by the Japanese sword making traditions and Kamikoto products are a great example of it. The sharpness of these knives is extraordinary, I think they can even cut through steel! I wouldn't be surprised if they were able to slice through atoms too. To date, I've purchased two full sets of knives, as well as a range of extras which I gift to family and friends who are equally amazed by the quality and sharpness of Kamikoto knives. The wooden boxes included in the packaging is a lovely touch that adds elegance to an already exceptional product.

On top of the exquisite products, Kamikoto's customer service is unparalleled. Despite having experienced online shopping extensively, I have never encountered a company that exhibits the same level of professionalism, politeness, and kindness as Kamikoto. It doesn't matter if you are a professional chef or a home cook like me as Kamikoto knives are reliable for any kitchen. The sharpness is unmatched, and the quality is impeccable. With Kamikoto, you can always rely on having the best knives in the kitchen.

P
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Kamikoto Kamikoto Knives: The Perfect Addition to Your Kitchen Arsenal!

Wow, I gotta say - these knives are top notch! The weight feels just right in your hand, not too heavy, not too light. And the handle has a great grip with some quality material. I've been using the utility and vegetable knives to chop up all sorts of veggies - tomatoes, peppers, cucumber, lettuce, onions, potatoes - you name it! And let me tell you, it's made cooking even more enjoyable for me. It's so easy to get a paper-thin slice with these knives without having to put any pressure on the blade.

But it's not just the knives themselves that make Kamikoto great. Their customer service is exceptional, too. I've had to contact them a few times about my shipment and a problem that came up later, and every time I've spoken with them they've been super nice and professional. It really makes a difference when you're dealing with a company that actually cares about their customers.

So, all in all, I'd highly recommend these knives to anyone who loves to cook. The Kanpeki set is seriously one of the best I've ever used. Thanks, Kamikoto, for making such a fantastic product - and for treating your customers so well!

Kamikoto complaints 9

G
5:37 am EDT

Kamikoto Kamikoto Knives Review: A Cut Above the Rest

I finally got my Kamikoto knives and they're amazing! I've been using them for a few weeks now and I haven't had to sharpen them at all. They cut through everything like butter, even tough meats and vegetables. The design is sleek and modern, and they feel really solid in my hand. I also love that they come with a cool wooden box for storage.

I did have a little trouble with customer service when I first ordered my knives. I had some questions and it took a few days to get a response, but they ended up coming through in the end. I also wish that they had more options for left-handed users, but I was still able to use them just fine.

Overall, I'm really happy with my purchase and I would definitely recommend Kamikoto to anyone in the market for high-quality knives. They might be a bit expensive, but they're definitely worth it in my opinion.

4:20 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Kamikoto Impressive Knives with Room for Customer Service Improvement: A Review of Kamikoto Knives

getting through to customer service. However, once I received the knives they were very impressive. They were sharp and had a good weight to them. The handle was comfortable to hold and did not slip while I was cutting. I tested them on various foods and they cut through with ease. The knives are made of high-quality steel and are well worth the price. I also appreciate the fact that they come with a lifetime warranty. Overall, I am satisfied with my purchase from Kamikoto, but the company could improve their customer service and packaging.

R
2:50 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Kamikoto Kamikoto Knives Review: Sharp, Balanced and Easy-to-Use - A Must-Have for Right-Handed Chefs

The Kamikoto knives are a great choice for anyone looking for sharp, balanced, and easy-to-use knives. They are incredibly smooth and make food preparation a breeze. I've been using them for a while now and I must say, I'm impressed with the quality of these knives. Although I've faced a minor setback, since I'm left-handed, so I'm unable to use them to their maximum potential.

However, for right-handed people, these knives are exceptional. They look beautiful and the packaging is really nice. The Kamikoto knives have a unique and charming design that will attract any chef, whether professional or amateur. When holding the knife, it feels nice and the weight is evenly distributed. And if you are a beginner, you will find it easy to handle and chop without putting too much pressure on your wrist.

In addition to their beautiful design and impressive sharpness, the Kamikoto knives are also durable and long-lasting. The steel is high-quality and is resistant to rust. Cleaning them is also easy, and they retain their sharpness for a long time.

Overall, I would highly recommend these knives to anyone looking for a reliable and sharp knife set. Whether you are a professional chef or just getting started in the kitchen, these knives won't disappoint. The only downside is that they might not be suitable for left-handed people like myself. But, if you're right-handed, you'll definitely get to experience the full benefits that these amazing knives have to offer.

Is Kamikoto legit?

Our verdict: Kamikoto's operations, reviewed by Complaints Board, reveal a mostly legit stature albeit not without reservations. This assessment encourages users to navigate Kamikoto's offerings with a discerning eye, especially scrutinizing the fine print and any user feedback closely.

Kamikoto earns 63% level of Trustworthiness

Good Credibility Notice: Kamikoto rated around 63% by Complaints Board. Generally safe, but exercise caution in information sharing.

Kamikoto has received 9 positive reviews on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

A long registered date for kamikoto.com can be seen as a positive aspect for Kamikoto as it indicates a commitment to maintaining the website and its domain name for a long period of time. It also suggests that the company is organized and has taken steps to secure its online presence.

The age of Kamikoto's domain suggests that they have had sufficient time to establish a reputation as a reliable source of information and services. This can provide reassurance to potential customers seeking quality products or services.

Kamikoto.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Kamikoto as a website that uses an external review system. While this can provide valuable feedback and insights, it's important to carefully evaluate the source of the reviews and take them with a grain of salt.

Several positive reviews for Kamikoto have been found on various review sites. While this may be a good sign, it is important to approach these reviews with caution and consider the possibility of fake or biased reviews.

We looked up Kamikoto and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• Kamikoto's website has revealed that it is not properly optimized for search engines. This could be a red flag indicating that the company is attempting to hide its activities from the public.
  • Multiple low-rated websites are found on the same server. There could be such as technical issues or poor website optimization. To determine if the websites are part of a scam, it's important to review them and look for signs of fraudulent activity.
  • Kamikoto protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
N
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Kamikoto Disappointing Experience with Kamikoto Knives: Shipping Delays and Clunky Website

I decided to give Kamikoto a try and ordered a set of their knives. I was really excited to receive them and start using them for all of my cooking needs. However, I have to say that I was pretty disappointed with the entire experience.

First of all, it took a really long time for my order to even ship out. I placed the order weeks ago and I still haven't received any tracking information about my package. I understand that some delays can happen, but it would have been nice to at least have some idea of when I could expect to receive my knives.

Secondly, the process of ordering from Kamikoto wasn't particularly user-friendly. I had trouble navigating the website and finding the products I was interested in. When I did finally find the set of knives I wanted to order, the checkout process was clunky and confusing. I wish that Kamikoto would take some time to improve their website and make it more user-friendly.

All that being said, I'm still looking forward to receiving my knives and trying them out. I've heard a lot of great things about Kamikoto and I'm hoping that their products live up to the hype. I'll definitely update this review once I've had a chance to use my knives for a while.

T
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Kamikoto Disappointing Kamikoto Knife Order Experience: Shipping Mistake Ruins Christmas Gift for Brother

I spent like forever ordering a Kamikoto knife as a gift for my bro Chris. I entered all his deets and stuff, but then somehow the shipping ended up coming to me instead. Frick! Now he's not gonna get his Christmas gift on time. He's gonna know it's my fault and probably won't forgive me. Your website is so garbage, I swear. Might just have to cancel or return the order altogether, what a total waste of time.

G

Kamikoto Kamikoto Knives: Sleek Aesthetics and Nice Weight, But Overpriced

There is no doubt that Kamikoto's knives have a nice weight to them and can be sharpened, but I wasn't too impressed with the price tag. My customer could have easily found a similar set for half the cost if they looked around.

Don't get me wrong, the blades do cut through meats and veggies no problem, but I didn't find anything particularly special about them. Aesthetically the knives are quite nice; well balanced and the matte black finish is modern and sleek. However, that alone doesn't make up for the high price point.

As for where the steel is sourced from, Kamikoto seems to be a bit evasive on this point. It would be helpful to know what kind of steel the blades are made of to ensure longevity and quality. Also, the edges on these knives are not as sharp as I had hoped, so I had to spend some time sharpening them myself.

Overall, Kamikoto knives seem to be good, but not great. They're certainly a statement piece in any kitchen, but I don't think they're worth the hefty price tag. If you're in the market for a new set of knives, I would suggest doing some research before making a purchase.

H
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Kamikoto Kamikoto Knives Review: Shiny and Durable, but Watch Out for Chips!

These Kamikoto knives are quite remarkable. They have a wonderful shine and feel robust in my hand. However, I must say that I was rather disheartened when I removed the smallest one from its box, only to find that a part of it had chipped off! This was meant to be a gift, so it was quite upsetting to see it damaged right out of the package. I do hope that the other two knives I purchased do not break so easily.

On the positive side, these knives are relatively affordable. It's not like you'll find them at any old supermarket, but they won't break the bank either. All in all, Kamikoto is a solid choice for anyone in need of a new set of knives. Just be mindful of the occasional chips and you'll be good to go!

D
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Kamikoto Disappointed Customer: Kamikoto's Poor Customer Service and Shipping Delays

So I got these two orders placed at Kamikoto and man, oh man! They haven't shipped yet and I'm still playing the waiting game. I hit them up three times for an answer and all they had to say was that they're "checking into the situation." Christmas has come and gone but I haven't received what I paid for. It's such a bummer to trust a company and get let down. Their customer service is a joke, too. I mean, they try to act all smooth and all, but they don't deliver on their promises. Don't make the same mistake as me and steer clear of Kamikoto!

R
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Kamikoto Kamikoto Knives Review: Overpriced Junk, Terrible Customer Service, Broken Handle

Yo,

Let me share my thoughts on Kamikoto with y'all. So, I got these fancy Kamikoto kuro knives and was pretty excited to use them for some cookin'. But when I was choppin' up a chicken for grillin', the damn handle broke off! Can you believe it?

I tried to shoot an email to customer support at ***@kamikoto.com but got straight up IGNORED. Ain't nobody got time for that, especially when you're spendin' close to $500 on a knife set. And the sad part? I got 7 sets of these knives, thinkin' I was gettin' high-quality stuff. Turns out it's all pure junk from China.

And don't even get me started on their so-called "1000 year company" BS. If they really knew how to treat customers, they would back up their products with a proper warranty. But nope, they just take your money and leave you with a broken knife and nothin' to show for it.

So listen up, folks. Don't waste your hard-earned cash on Kamikoto. Save yourself the trouble and find a brand that actually stands behind their products.

About Kamikoto

Kamikoto is a prestigious Japanese knife brand that represents the epitome of craftsmanship, precision, and style. The brand specializes in producing high-quality knives that are made using traditional Japanese techniques, and are renowned worldwide for their sharpness, durability, and aesthetic design.

Kamikoto knives are made from the finest materials, including high-carbon steel, which is well-known for its exceptional hardness, toughness, and ability to retain a sharp edge. The steel is carefully forged to create a blade that is not only sharp but also strong enough to withstand the rigors of daily use. The blades are then hand-polished and sharpened by skilled artisans until they reach the perfect balance between sharpness and resilience.

Each Kamikoto knife is created with the utmost attention to detail, from the choice of materials to the final finishing touches. The brand's commitment to quality is evident in every aspect of its products, which are designed to meet the needs of both professional chefs and home cooks who demand the best.

Kamikoto knives are not only functional but also visually stunning. The brand's knives feature a minimalist and elegant design that is inspired by Japanese culture and aesthetics. The knives are carefully crafted to create a perfect balance between form and function, making them not only a valuable tool in the kitchen but also a work of art.

In conclusion, Kamikoto is a brand that represents the best of Japanese craftsmanship, precision, and style. From the materials used to the final finishing touches, every detail is carefully thought out to create a knife that is not only sharp and functional but also beautiful. If you're looking for a high-quality knife that represents the epitome of Japanese culture and aesthetics, Kamikoto knives are the perfect choice.

Kamikoto Customer Reviews Overview

Kamikoto is a popular brand in the cutlery industry, known for producing high-quality knives crafted by skilled artisans. The brand has received a lot of positive reviews from customers and experts in the field.

One of the main features customers love about Kamikoto knives is their exceptional sharpness. These knives are made with premium steel, which contributes to sharpness that can cut through meat, vegetables, and even bone with ease.

Another notable aspect of Kamikoto knives is the craftsmanship that goes into their creation. These knives are made using traditional Japanese methods, which have been refined for centuries to produce the best possible results. The result is a beautiful, unique, and functional kitchen tool that is appreciated by many.

In addition to their excellent performance, Kamikoto knives also have a stylish design that is attractive to many. These knives have a unique shape and pattern that, combined with the wooden handle, make them a beautiful addition to any kitchen.

Overall, Kamikoto knives have received positive reviews from customers who appreciate their sharpness, craftsmanship, and design. These knives are an excellent investment for anyone who takes their kitchen prep seriously and is looking for a high-quality tool that will perform well for years.

Overview of Kamikoto complaint handling

Kamikoto reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on May 9, 2023. The latest review Impressive Customer Service and Commitment to Satisfaction: My Kamikoto Knife Review was posted on May 28, 2023. Kamikoto has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 19 reviews. Kamikoto has resolved 0 complaints.
Ratings on other sites
Trustpilot
Trustpilot
4.5
891 reviews
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service
  1. Kamikoto contacts

2. Kamikoto emails
  3. Kamikoto social media
Kamikoto Category
Kamikoto is related to the Construction and Maintenance category.

Our Commitment

We stand for unbiased reviews

We help resolving issues

We advocate freedom of speech

We ensure transparent and fair ratings

We care about your privacy

We are easy, free and open to everyone