Junior GymWorst service ever

My husband, Brad Sims, worked at JUNIOR GYM for nearly 30 years, as a children's coach & gymnastic instructor.

Starting in 1978 for previous owner Peter Braun, Brad developed the popular "Mommy & Me" program, and continued to work as an instructor for Dermot Kiernan when Junior Gym changed ownership in 1983. 2005 was Brad's last year teaching at Junior Gym; he died of cancer in January 07 at the age of 53.

When I went to Junior Gym 6 weeks after Brad's death to pick up his personal belongings, I was told he had no personal property, no locker, no desk drawer, no mementos, no paperwork. After 22 years working in the same building, I found this hard to believe. I had also expected to find the paperwork pertaining to his employment and investments with Junior Gym as it was my understanding that these documents were kept there.

What I did find was a very nervous employer who acted as if he were wishing I'd dissapear like a puff of smoke, and who literally ran out after making an excuse, leaving me sitting there with the equally nervous secretary.

Since my husband's death, I have repeatedly asked Dermot Kiernan for information regarding Brad's pension/investment plan at Junior Gym. My requests have been ignored and my phone calls are not returned.

Two weeks ago I sent Mr. Kiernan a certified letter, again requesting information as to Brad's position and pension investments at Junior Gym. Again, no response. The letter requires a signature and so far remains undelivered and unaccepted.

In the last 2 months of my husband's life I was suddenly the recipient of repeated "drop by" visits and phone calls from Mr. Kiernan's mother (Kathleen) and sister, both of whom I had not met previously.

Certainly these spontaneous visits were mysterious as they had not seen or spoken to Brad in over 10 years and he had no desire to see or talk to them. Even so, they kept coming over and calling, pleading to be let in and insisting that they talk to Brad alone "in case he had something to tell them."

I called Kathleen Kiernan a few months after Brad's death and asked her to please advise her son, Dermot Kiernan, that I am legally entitled to information regarding my husband's position, pension and investments with Junior Gym. Her reply to me was that if I were nicer to Dermot, maybe he would tell me.

I believe that Junior Gym has a legal and moral obligation to provide me with the details of my husband's position at Junior Gym, including his pension plan and investment relationship.

Evidently I will have to hire an attorney to force this firm to respond to my request. What a terribly shameful ending to the 28 year career of a much beloved teacher. All the money he so carefully invested for our retirement has somehow disappeared into thin air along with his interest and dividends for the last 9 months.