John LubbehusenDefective boat

T

This man sold us a remodeled boat that had cracks in the hull. When we put it in the water, the hull filled up with water. We immediately brought it back to him and, after 3 months, we have not received any money back.

John Lubbehusen Jul 29, 2012

This was not a boat that I had built or otherwise worked on. It was sold as-is, where-is. The hull cracked as a result of being improperly loaded in and out of the back of a pickup truck instead of using a trailer as advised. Any boat purchased from me is returnable if you are not satisfied. However, this does not apply to a boat that has been damaged by the buyer. I repaired the damage to this boat at a cost to me of twice the value of the boat. Since the buyer still did not want the boat I went so far as to advertise it for sale for them. They never came to retrieve the boat, apparently prefering to wait for me to sell it for them. After a period of more than a year it was donated to a local organization. .