Joe Young LawElder abuse and taking advatage

T

joeyoung0071 Mar 12, 2009

I met with 3 people. There were 2 elderly ladies and one young women. I was retained to handle the young women's DUI case. The women requested a Saturday appointment. Our office is closed on Saturday and when I arrived, I realized I had forgotten my keys. I offered to leave and come back but they just wanted to talk so we did that.

They decided they wanted me to handle the case and I agreed to do so. They paid me a small down payment and nothing further. After having the case for about one month, the young women said she could not afford to move forward and I sent a refund on 1/2 of the $400 down payment.

Joe Young
    Attorney At Law

Shortstop Apr 27, 2009

Has anyone filed a disciplinary complaint against this lawyer? The disciplinary commission would love to hear from you.

[protected] Attorney Complaint Hotline

Here is the website: http://www.calbar.ca.gov/state/calbar/calbar_generic.jsp?cid=10179&id=1139

Shortstop Apr 27, 2009

I totally agree and will be filing a disciplinary complaint with state bar.

After checking, it appears he has only be practicing for 2 year and claims to have 6 offices with multiple attorneys and that's not true. He takes your money then neglects your case and has rude staff that run interference for him.

A Cheated Client of Mr. Joe Young May 13, 2009

Well, first let me just say...I am very sorry for all of you, here, that I have read your complaints. The only one I DO NOT agree with, up above, is Mr. Joe Young trying to defend himself about "refunding" the old lady's money back. Frankly, you should refund all our money, then that way you won't have any more bad karma.

Joe, I sure hope you will read this one, because you have just created more bad karma coming your way buddy!

Last year, 2008, I hired Mr. Young to handle my DUI. He came to my work, listened to my story, and well assured me that he could win my case for me. He always had different "lawyer's" showing up to represent me, never himself, and these people had tattoo's, tennis shoes that looked like they've been worn for years, wearing night dinner purses while standing in front of the judge with me by their side. I must have had 4-5 different, proclaimed lawyers, representing me. Also, whenever I felt uncomfortable with something, I would call Mr. Young, and he always was giving me different phone numbers, then other people would answer them saying it wasn't his phone number, and he seemed to be always sick and in the emergency room.

Joe wanted $1800.00 for him to handle my case, and one good thing that came out of it, was he was willing to take payments if I couldn't come up with a large amount. Upfront, I gave him 500.00 to get him started. And at first, he seemed to be very motivating with me. He gave me the impression that he was going to fight for me...well, boys and girls, don't believe for one second! This guy works a "circus" act.

What I had to do first was, fire Joe. There was a balance I owed at the time of $250.00. He wasn't concerned on why I was firing him, even though I did send him a letter explaining why, all he cared about was that little $250.00 coming his way. Oh by the way, I never talked to him ever again except for his rude people that always would have different names all the time calling me. I received letters regarding my balance and I sent another back to him, after a while pasted, I received another statement from them. Someone wrote on it, "excused from Joe", but no signature. Now, I am received a call yesterday (5/11/09) out of nowhere from some woman (ELLEN) that really needs to stop smoking, that is telling me I need to call them TODAY to pay my balance or it's going to collections. Previously, I told Ellen that if they want to attack my credit in these days of hard times for a small amount after being fired for not fighting for me, then they can take me to small claims and I would be more than happy to tell the judge how this "IDIOT" scams innocent people out of money. Besides, I don't think $250.00 will "break" Mr. Young’s pocket.

By the way, Joe I hope your reading this! I went out of this county and into another got a professional lawyer and WON my case! Take that you piece of "low life"! I don't expect you being in money making business very much longer.

I WILL BE CALLING THE "ATTORNEY COMPLAINT HOTLINE" ON THIS GUY TODAY!

• La
    Law Student Jun 03, 2009

None of your complaints will be taken seriously. Just because you don't get the result you want, does not mean you failed to be represented. From what I see, the fees paid were minimal and finding an attorney who would allow such small deposits and payments for services is a gift.

This is especially true for the first complaint. I can't believe you are complaining when you received a full refund! Are you kidding me! Find better use of your time for Pete sake!

• Young Legal Beagle Jun 04, 2009

Law Student - I think you are missing the bigger picture. Usually, where there's smoke, there's fire. Joe Young has only been practicing law for 2 years, and yet several of his clients have taken the time and made the effort to file complaints against him. There are hundreds, if not thousands of attorneys in Orange County with far more experience who do not carry the baggage that Mr. Young appears to have accumulated in just 2 short years of practice. Why would anyone hire Mr. Young when they could hire a more experienced attorney without a slew of client complaints or pending state bar investigations?

• Another Joe Jun 05, 2009

Joe Young is currently under investigation by the State Bar of Arizona for practicing law in the state of Arizona without an Arizona law license. The investigation has been going on for several months. In most states, unauthorized practice of law is a criminal offense. THIS IS FALSE NOT TRUE SORRY THANK YOU

• Another Joe Jun 05, 2009

JOE YOUNG LAW is a full service law firm located in Los Angeles, California. Although we practice in all areas of the law, Joe Young Law specializes in criminal defense and is the #1 choice out of all DUI attorneys in Southern California.

Attorney Joe Young will take your call at your request.
    TOLL-FREE PHONE
    [protected]

Shortstop Jun 05, 2009

What I really meant to say that I agree with Law Student; that working with Joe Young is a gift.

• Me too. I didn't mean all those terrible things I said about Joe like "He is a scam, con, thief, and just a laid back piece of _ _ _ _!". Did I really say "Joe Young is a scam, con, thief, and just a laid back piece of _ _ _ _!".? If I did, please know that that THIS IS FALSE NOT TRUE SORRY THANK YOU.

A Cheated Client of Mr. Joe Young Jun 11, 2009

************************ ATTENTION, ATTENTION, ALL JOE YOUNG COMPLAINER'S **********************

As you can see up above at the MALE, "A CHEATED CLIENT OF MR. JOE YOUNG", I think someone from his office is doing this for him, or himself. There is NO WAY that I wrote that statement. This just show's, more, how croocked he is, and his staff! How freak'in funny is that!

Please read my other statement towards the "Law Student".

Well, Miss "Law Student"

I'm so happy she got her money back, 'cause she should have received it with no argument, and Mr. Young should have never acted on anyone the way he did to this elderly woman in the first place! My god, would you do it to your own Mother, let me guess...YOU PROBABLY WOULD, DUE TO YOU TRYING TO BECOMING A “LAWYER!”

Do you believe in "crooks?" I guess you do, because you’re a law student studying on how to "rip" innocent people off just like Joe Young did. That's all we need is another piece of @#$! lawyer taking our money and screwing up more laws. Let me give you a piece of STRONG advise...go find another career, 'cause you’re sure going to fail this one...BAM!!!

Also, if you're so "hung" up on just the first case up above, look at all the one's below it. Why don’t you "find better use of your time for PETE SAKE!"

From: A Cheated Client of Mr. Joe Young

• Young Legal Beagle Jun 12, 2009

"Joe Young is the #1 choice out of all DUI attorneys in Southern California."

This is actually from his web page. It's hard to believe that in just 2 years of being a lawyer, he is the #1 DUI attorney is all of Southern California. Either Mr. Young is lying, or he is responsible for putting more drunk drivers back on the road than any other attorney in Southern California.

So which is it Mr. Young; are you a liar, or a slimeball?

• Young Legal Beagle Jun 14, 2009

"Joe Young is the #1 choice out of all DUI attorneys in Southern California."

So which is it Mr. Young; are you a liar, or a slimeball?

• Another Joe Jun 14, 2009

My 88 yr old Mother went to help a young girl that cares for her, The young girl got a DUI and this Attorneys sent a letter to her for buisness, they called he meet them in his parking lot and took a ck from my mother for $400.00 to retain him, they never intered is office he then sent them an agreement that they did not sign now they won't give the money back and are playing games with them they have nothing signed and have done nothing and will not return the money They should be reported to someone.

• Another Joe Jun 14, 2009

I TOTALLY AGREE THAT JOE YOUNG IS A RIP-OFF. HE WAS HIRED TO REPRESENT MY BROTHER IN A 2ND DEGREE BUGULARY CASE. He did nothing to represent my brother and my brother was found guility. We had several court dates, which he himself appeared at 3 of the 12-13 dates, and each time after that he would have a different attorney show up and say that they are now handling the case. The next month we would have another court date and it would be a different attorney and they would say that the previous attorney is no longer with the firm. Joe had initially told us if he was not living up to our expectations to notify him immediately. Each time we would call him to address our concerns, he was never available and his staff would tell us that he was busy doing a trial. My response was is he too busy to return a client's phone call. He would never return calls and his staff is very rude. All they are concerned about is getting your money. We paid for him to represent my brother and all he ever did was send different attorney in. I believe these are attorney's that he contract with and just pay them to show up in court for the day to continue the case. We had asked that a motion be filed on behalf of my brother to strike a strike that he was facing. Because we owed Joe a balance of $300.00, he said that he doubts that it will be done and that "if we want things done right we need to pay the balance" and he hung up the phone on us. We never had intentions not to pay him, we just simply wanted things done, which he was not willing to do. We paid Joe $8, 000 for him to do absolutely nothing. Everything was empty promises, he promise to see my brother while he was incarcerated to discuss the case, he never showed up. I urge you to please beware of this attorney and his "firm". NOT TRUE SORRY THANK YOU.

• Di
    disgusted Jun 14, 2009

The ONLY way to stop this type of behavior is to file a complaint with the disciplinary commission, they WILL reprimand or suspend him and possible make him return a portion of your fees, etc. They DO take these things seriously and the poster earlier who stated otherwise is probably Joe Young himself or his assistant attempting to mislead you otherwise. -- They CRAWL UP AN ATTORNEYS BEHIND WHEN THEY GET A LEGITIMATE COMPLAINT AND JOE YOUNG KNOWS THIS.

The disciplinary commission would love to hear from you.

[protected] Attorney Complaint Hotline

• Disgusted Jun 14, 2009

• Young Legal Beagle Jun 15, 2009

Complaints can be sent directly to Joe. I'm sure he'd love to hear from you.

[protected]@joeyounglaw.com

• Another Joe Jun 16, 2009

What do clients have to say about Joe Young Law...

"I TOTALLY AGREE THAT JOE YOUNG IS A RIP-OFF."

"So people, take it from me and the other innocent victims up above, DO NOT GIVE THIS GUY A PENNY! He is a scam, con, thief, and just a laid back piece of _ _ _ _!"

"I WILL BE CALLING THE "ATTORNEY COMPLAINT HOTLINE" ON THIS GUY TODAY!"

"I urge you to please be aware of this attorney and his "firm"."

"He would never return calls and his staff is very rude. All they are concerned about is getting your money."

• Ab
    ABD Sep 18, 2009

Why don't you just stop breaking the law and you'll have nothing to worry about. What a thought, huh???

• Bi
    BIG DUKE 6 Dec 02, 2009

JOE LIED TO ME AS WELL, STATED HE WENT TO COURT BUT NEVER DID. THIS GUY IS BAD NEWS STAY AWAY!!! DENIED ME ANY REFUND WHEN I FOUND OUT.

• Be
    bearlylegal Mar 06, 2010

$3, 500 dollars the poorer and wiser. I have to say stay away from this law firm! Mr. Young made claims that he and his office new what they were doing, took our money, dropped the case because they were wrong! and now make excuses about how he's looking into it and that he doesn't have the information he needs because it's on the computer. Seriously, you expect me to believe you when you've taken weeks to find the answer to a very simple question? And you can't access the information in your own computer system? Please! Mr. Young-admit it-our case was bungled and there's no way you deserve $3, 500 for doing absolutely nothing for us!

• Sc
    Scummhater Aug 02, 2010

Isn't it funny that when you Google this firm, the 2nd entry leads you here? Isn't it also funny that "law student" works for Joe Young?

Unscrupulous lawyers who prey on people without a lot of money are everywhere. This one just happens to be really proud of himself --read the bio on the website.

Complaints should be filed with the California Bar. "Law student" is wrong. If he did not do the job and took money it is a legitimate complaint.

[censor].

A CALIFORNIA CORPORATION Nov 04, 2010

I think we need to be specific here is he or is he not a slime ball? so to make sure we review him correctly in the votes...

HE IS A SLIMEBALL as well as all his CRONIES? YES or NO press the green arrow up for YES or DOWN for NO

• Vi
    VICTIMIZEDBYATTORNEYJOEYOUNG Nov 18, 2012

JOE YOUNG IS A RIP OFF !!! I called him for representation & promised that we had a great case! The only calls I got from his office was for payments. He never returns calls and never updates the case with his client. He never shows up for his appointments and court dates and does not call to let you know. I was promised he would be there and everything would be fine...LIES & DECEIT !!! Joe sends unprepared, unprofessional representatives that have no idea what the case is about. He sent a an attorney with wrinkled pants that looked like he slept in them all night. Joe was due at court at 8:30 and did not show and or call. His reject showed up at 2pm just to change court date when it was to be resolved as he promised. But then again, his reject didnt bring all the files and or paperwork and was unfamiliar with the case.
    DO NOT HIRE THIS GUY !! HE'S UNPROFESSIONAL & RUNS AN UNETHICAL PRACTICE !!!

• That is what they do. Joe goes out and gets the clients (he is the sales man) and then passes them on to unexperienced attorneys (so he doesn't have to pay them as much per hour). He has been doing it for years. Yes, these complaints are great to show other people how his is, but nobody does anything in regards to contacting the California Bar. I also think you should contact Handle on the Law. Joe Handle does not refer Joe Young. Joe Young bids on commercial time paying close to $10, 000 a month to get commercials during Handles Saturday morning radio show. It is so important to research your attorney before you retain them. Don't just go with the first one that calls you back. First is not always better.

• Ly
    Lynn1232 Jun 04, 2013

DO NOT HIRE JOE YOUNG, HE JUST WANTS YOUR MONEY AND WONT HELP YOU
    Joe Young is a SCAM, my parents decided it was time to help my sister get full custody of her son and they decided to go to Joe young for help. Joe told them he would need 5, 000 dollars up front to start the case, supposedly before they had even went to court he “ran out of money” for the case and he “needed” more money. My parents were furious considering he had taken their money and had not done a single damn thing for them and on top of that he was trying to get more money from them. They dropped the case and told him they would not be giving him any more money and would not be using him anymore. Basically my parents got cheated out of 5, 000, they didn't know who to turn to or what to do considering they were scammed by a lawyer. It’s sad because lawyers are supposed to help people when instead he only cares about himself and scamming people out of their hard working money. My parents did not have any more money left to go to court to get custody of my nephew so my sister ended up saving her money and went to court with another lawyer who only charged her 1, 500 for the case and she won custody of her son. I am definitely not someone who complains online like this all the time, i am an easy going person but this situation was uncalled for and unacceptable I just hope I have helped others by posting this.

• Ri
    ricktheitalian Aug 01, 2014

Joe you are a piece of ###, a thief, a con and you stole $1700 from my wife and I when you knew I was unemployed. You son-of-a-###, I hope you rot in hell. I hope you get what you deserve you ###. You don't deserve to be practicing law in America, go to Russia you friken pig. You took food off my table to feed your ego, greed and arrogance and for that you can not be forgiven. I check on the internet for you every single day and if I find out that you're practicing law somewhere in the US I'm taking swift action with that state's bar.

• Br
    Bruce Birch Aug 03, 2015

I agree 100% with the complaint because my experience with Joe Young himself was similar, and one of the worst situations of my life. I have 2 college degrees so I'm not some guy off the street, and I'd list the details of my case but this isn't the right forum. All I can do is promise that the following comments are very accurate. Joe Young is a very dishonest person to do business with and I would strongly advise any potential client to look elsewhere or you will regret it. He is possibly the only true compulsive liar that I have ever met. He conducts business like a corrupt politician and then blames you for catching him in his immorality or incompetence. He is the shop lifter who blames the security guard for catching him stealing. I have contacted The State Bar about him along with other agencies so I've done much more than just agree with this story. There are many furious former clients of Joe Young out there. He is the exact definition of what decent people call a sleazy lawyer, only he's somehow worse.