Menu

D
Author of the complaint
4:08 pm
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I received a letter in the mail from JG Wentworth regarding the selling of my Structured Settlement. I decided to call and inquire.

On or around April 13, 2016, I started working with Chris Sinclair from JG Wentworth. Chris asked me a few questions regarding my settlement, and quoted me the dollar amount they could provide me with upon the sale of my Structured Settlement. Part of the transaction per Chris, was after JG Wentworth had me sign the first set of documents, and their Underwriting Department reviewed those documents, I would receive $5, 000 in advance within about two weeks.

Since April 13, I have received several different sets of documents that needed to be signed and notarized. On one occasion, I received the same set of documents twice. I have provided JG Wentworth with everything they requested for the advance, but as of May 19, 2016 I still have no advance. In late April, I was introduced via telephone to Livingstone Malcolm, Customer Transaction Manager. Livingstone advised me that one more set of documents needed to signed and notarized before the advance was issued. Livingstone set up an appointment in early May where I signed and notarized one more set of documents. On May 11, 2016, Livingstone advised me that he sent the request to The Accounting Department for the check to be issued, that was on May 11, 2016. See email below. Two days later, I never heard back, and of course never received the advance. I called in to check status on May 13, 2016 and was told by Chris Sinclair, that their Legal Department needed additional documentation before they could issue the advance. I was then sent another set of documents that needed to be signed and notarized - that was yesterday, May 18, 2016. Still no advance and no follow up communication.

Since May 3rd, when I have called in to ask about the status of the advance, it has been a different story each time I call in. I understand that there are necessary steps that need to be taken in order to ensure a procedure or process is being followed. However, I have found the information from the start along with the customer service and follow up is extremely concerning and borderline shady. Either something illegal is going on behind the scenes at JG Wentworth or they just really don't know what they are doing. Either way, it is a very disappointing and concerning experience.

Do your research when choosing a Company that handles Settlement transactions. I have worked with Novation Capital in the past and it was a seamless transaction. They know what they are doing with your money!

More J.G. Wentworth complaints & reviews

J.G. Wentworth - jg wentworth
J.G. Wentworth - ripoff
J.G. Wentworth - rip off!!
J.G. Wentworth - non-payment and runaround
J.G. Wentworth - misrepresentation of contract and interest fees to mentally diminished woman
J.G. Wentworth - settlemet rip off
J.G. Wentworth - Confusion? Or lack of effort?
0 comments